Marco Verratti

F

Flavia

Other 4 Brazilian superstars that played for Barca?

Apart from dinho, who else declined before 30, and was lazy and a party animal? And R9 only spent one season with Barça. Romário played until he was almost 40, and only one season in the club as well.

Alves would be a better example of how much time Neymar can be a good player for us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Kaka, Robinho from the capital? Both held that superstar status.

And please don't mix up random defenders here. We're talking about guys who either won Ballon, or where deemed future conteners.
You know, like Neymar?

JamDav1982

And please don't mix up random defenders here. We're talking about guys who either won Ballon, or where deemed future conteners.
You know, like Neymar?

Kaka injuries cost him, and as we know you dont claim Brazilians are any more injury prone. So nothing more to be said there.

Robinho was never a superstar in same bracket as those other players and he wasted his career.

So if Neymar becomes good enough to contend Balon Dor he will have a shorter career than is he is just a top ten player. I am sorry but that is ridiculous.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Kaka had unfortunate knee injuries after which he was benched due to them costing him a large part of his overall game.

Also lol @ "random defenders" when you were the one who brought up Marquinhos.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Brazilians are such a problem in declining early why want Marquinhos as part of Neymar deal?

Who said they were such problem.? Are you arguing with yourself?
I said Ney's likely to peak earlier than Verratti.

For Marquinhos. read my previous post. And also Marquinhos is 20, whereas Ney is 23 :wave:

JamDav1982

For Marquinhos. read my previous post. And also Marquinhos is 20, whereas Ney is 23 :wave:

Do you want to answer the question of why Brazilians peak earlier?

Also you dismiss someone mentioning Alves and say comaring balon dor contenders... when was Robinho a contender?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, defenders tend to play longer than forwards.
Or some of you would like to argue against that as well :lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

And you have no concrete proof to suggest that. All you have is anecdotal evidence regarding a handful of players. You can't make draw a conclusion like that. In addition Marquinhos will 21 this year. So they're only really 2, 2.5 years max apart.

I'd also counter your suggestion by asking you how you would intend on replacing Neymar if we were to trade him to PSG.

F

Flavia

Why not defenders? They rarely win a bdor, anyway. Robinho was only hype. I never saw that much potential on him. Kaka was mentioned here, injuries and age got to him.

Marquinhos would also peak early and burn out soon, by that logic. Unless it's just for forwards, brazilian defenders somehow are imune to the party animal, peak early syndrome.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He is just making random statements that cant be backed up.

+1

If he's of the opinion that Neymar could peak early, then that's fine. However, to suggest trading him (after we went through so much trouble to get him) for Veratti and Marquinhos is just mad.

Home of Barca Fans