Mario Balotelli

Cristofol

I agree. But compared with Ibrahimovic Balotelli looks like a convent student

nonne.gif

Both massive idiots but in different ways, though I personally dislike the both of them I can understand why so many find Mario's clowning some what appealing. Ibrahimovic though? Wanker.

F

Flavia

Mancini plays down Balotelli row
January 4, 2013

By Richard Jolly

Roberto Mancini has said he will not sell Mario Balotelli after their training-ground bust-up and is prepared to give his badly-behaved striker "another 100 chances".

The Manchester City manager admitted he lost his temper with Balotelli for a couple of seconds on Thursday but insists pictures of him grabbing the forward made the incident look worse that it really was.

Mancini insisted his relationship with Balotelli is unchanged and said the 22-year-old could be on the bench for Saturday's FA Cup tie against Watford.

He has ruled out taking disciplinary action against the former Inter Milan player but urged him once again to change his attitude to realise his potential.

Mancini was pictured grabbing his fellow Italian after Balotelli's challenge on Scott Sinclair in a practice match.

The 48-year-old explained: "We were playing a game and Mario kicked his team-mate and I said to him: 'Go inside, leave the pitch'. He said 'no', and I took his shirt and push him off the pitch. This is what really happened. There is no fight. The photo is worse than what happened. It wasn't a bad thing like [it looked] in the papers."

But he said that Balotelli does have a future at City. Asked if he would let the forward leave, he replied: "My thoughts don't change. No.

"I will give him another 100 chances if I think he can change. I give him another chance, sure, because he is 22 and he can do a mistake."

Mancini said he still has faith in Balotelli but admitted that the forward's temperament is a worry.

"What he did yesterday he can also do during the game," he added. "This is the problem. But I have faith, yes."

The manager said such incidents are normal on training grounds but accepted he lost his cool in the heat of the moment.

"For two seconds, yes," he conceded. "Because he didn't want to leave the pitch and he should leave. This is a thing that can happen. Usually it happens between two players but this was different."

He again warned Balotelli that it is up to him to realise his potential and that he must change before it is too late.

He added: "The problem could be himself. He doesn't change, for him it will be very difficult in the future: for him, not me. Mario could stay with me one day, one month, five years but his problem is himself. He is 22 years old. He needs to change. It is not easy to manage him."

Balotelli has not appeared for City since December's 3-2 home defeat in the Manchester derby - but Mancini believes he has not trained enough since recovering from a virus to start against Watford.

He said: "He trained only four times this week. He will not be in the starting line-up, but he may be on the bench."

DavidVillano1

Not read through the thread, but does anybody else think Balotelli's 'potential and ability' that is often spoke about is vastly overrated?

89Norcal

Not read through the thread, but does anybody else think Balotelli's 'potential and ability' that is often spoke about is vastly overrated?

Alot of people seem to think so but aren't thinking objectively, taking his attitude into account.

I hate his attitude because it displays a sense of entitlement and takes for granted his status as a pro footballer, which millions of people would kill to be in right now. But when he's focused he is a formidable player. Problem is he's rarely focused :p

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You should have seen him for Inter then! He was quite simply incredible

Are we talking about the same person? I never thought that someone would describe Mario Balotelli, the player who once tried to get a backheel goal against galaxy, as "quite simply incredible"? I didn't see him during his inter days but that's really hard to believe lol.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He had some anger issues but before Mourinho joined (and they fought a lot) it really seemed like he'd one day win the Ballon d'Or. Like a younger version of Ibra, with the genius streak and the incredible long distance shots, but faster and stronger.

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

Watched Balotelli for Inter and at under level for Italy often and IMO the hype he received was massively overrated. Certainly didn't look incredible to me, but each to their own. Never understood the way people spoke like he could become one the best in the world, I've just never seen that potential.

Not sure why, probably due to the media and social network scene, but over the last few years the hype on 'young' players has been in overdrive and certainly OTT in my minds. The likes of Pastore, Hamsik, Neymar, Hazard, Balotelli have had this outrageous hype and transfer fee paid for them and it's no surprise to me that some have struggled to justify that hype. Don't get me wrong they are still young and could improve, but I can't see any being as good as the hype.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well Balotelli had scored about 10 goals as a 17-year old, and showed the potential to be a even better version of Ibra. There was still obviously some way to go, but he had both the technique and the artistry. He was both stronger and faster than a young Ibra too.

Home of Barca Fans