Mario Gotze

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Varane? Verratti?

Gotze must've blown at least 10 chances against Malaga. Infact if they lost out to Malaga & not got the last minute goals the blame would very much go on Gotze.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Varane? Verratti?

Gotze must've blown at least 10 chances against Malaga. Infact if they lost out to Malaga & not got the last minute goals the blame would very much go on Gotze.

Varane is the best overall youngster, Gotze is the best in terms of attacking. Verratti is great but he's a yellow card machine

mixer

I cant get all the hype about Varane. OK, he played great against Barca but were completely out of form. Also some good other matches, but nothing special. Gotze is consistent and playing at a high level for most of the time he gets

I don't follow Verratti but he's no better than Gotze imo.

I would put even El Shaarawy above Verratti and Varane if it's about potential.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I cant get all the hype about Varane. OK, he played great against Barca but were completely out of form. Also some good other matches, but nothing special. Gotze is consistent and playing at a high level for most of the time he gets

Varane had the spotlight on him only after the Clasico but he's been VERY solid every game he's played even before that (aside from the one against Gala) and consistently outshines Pepe or even Ramos.

El Sharaawy is above Verratti, but not Gotze or Varane.

Ode to Django

Definately not, El Sharaawy isn't even Milan's biggest prospect.

Everyone will have there opinion, but Verratti is the most impressive to me.

PaulFCB

Banned
Why is Gundogan unnecessary? Do you think Thfailgo Alcantara will cover that position when Xavi will end his playing career?

If Manchester wants to pay money for him and Borussia will sell Ilkay we don't even need to invest too much.

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
1.gotze
2.varane
3.wilshere
90. elsharaway
9000000. 15 yr old kids with crazy haircuts
9000001. neyman

DavidVillano1

I cant get all the hype about Varane. OK, he played great against Barca but were completely out of form. Also some good other matches, but nothing special.
Fully agree, his performances against Barcelona were not even that special, Barcelona were poor in that period and struggled to create much.

Did anybody actually see his performance in midweek? He was schooled time and time again by Drogba, he got lucky in the first leg a couple of times as well.

Good player with potential, but the hype is very OTT, on ESPN Press pass some of the pundits had him in the top 3 best defenders in the world!

Fully agree, his performances against Barcelona were not even that special, Barcelona were poor in that period and struggled to create much.

Did anybody actually see his performance in midweek? He was schooled time and time again by Drogba, he got lucky in the first leg a couple of times as well.

Good player with potential, but the hype is very OTT, on ESPN Press pass some of the pundits had him in the top 3 best defenders in the world!

He's easily the best young CB in the world but I agree that he's a tad overrated.

Ode to Django

That is Janusz who is a very good pundit, saying "I know it's really early but i've seen all i need to see from him" with the quality of defenders around it's not too outlandish to put him there, although too soon.

Co0ter

He's easily the best young CB in the world but I agree that he's a tad overrated.

Varane is definately not over-rated. That kid is awesome. He's 19 years old, 6'3 and extremely fast...not just for someone that tall, he's just fast period.

Real Madrid got him for around 10mil and that is the biggest steal ever. We could pay 25-30mil for a CB this summer and the odds are they wouldn't even be as good. Some people just got the blinders on because of who he's playing for....don't worry, I'm pretty butt hurt about it too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

How can anyone say he did nothing special against Barcelona. His defensive display alone was unbelievably outstanding, let alone his composed passing and the late equalizing goal. All of this was in his Clasico debut. He was amazing in the 2nd leg too (and coincidentally scored again)

Muttu

Lets get Kurt Zouma. All i know is, he's tall, strong and fast. 18 years of age and chased by numerous top clubs. Can be our Varane, hopefully :)

Home of Barca Fans