Mario Gotze

Dinho

Götze could be a phenomena false no.9 but I'm glad that Pep hasn't abandoned Bayern's emphasis on wing play. Robben and Ribéry are too good. Alaba is the best left back in the world as well.

Maria

Götze could be a phenomena false no.9 but I'm glad that Pep hasn't abandoned Bayern's emphasis on wing play. Robben and Ribéry are too good. Alaba is the best left back in the world as well.

Unless Gotze improves his finishing drastically, I'm not so sure that he would be very good as a false 9.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I didn't like Götze in any of the games he played as a false 9. It's a role only Messi and very few others can play well, and so far I don't think he's one of them.

I dont take the term "German-Messi" to literally, especially since Marko Marin once had that title :p
Exactly what I had in mind as well. :p

Meitux

Gotze's best performances came playing as attacking midfielder his main position basically and drifting to the wing sometimes. But the point is as false 9 he is not a goalscorer to make it there being the main man to do it. He can put away some goals but definitely not a false 9 like anyone would compare to Messi. He's there to create chances and his vision is too god for not having someone in front of him to provide assists. In that case Lewandowski will get along really well with him as being former teammates, they know each other's play.

Dinho

Unless Gotze improves his finishing drastically, I'm not so sure that he would be very good as a false 9.

He scored 16 goals as an attacking midfielder at the age of 20 last season. 21 goals for club and country.

That's not too different from a 20 year old Messi.

He has the dribbling skills, balance, agility, ball control, vision and overall technical ability that could see him thrive in that role if the team was built around him. I'm sure Pep will consider playing him there from time to time.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Gotze has picked up form remarkably in recent games. He's back to being the wonderkid he was before the injury layoff. Just scored a sick solo goal vs Moscow and is back on track to being in the top 3 youngsters category again

Theconomist

Absolutely incredible. Under Guardiola Gotze can grow up to become a real monster.
Him and Thiago are really smart buys for Bayern, they've added a whole new dimension to their game; we might see the first team to ever win the CL twice in a row.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Amazing goal.

x3t1.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This kid is the one player closest to Messi in terms of both style and talent, in my opinion. Definitely a future BD winner.

Meitux

Excited of seeing him doing so well. Funny some people laughed of how would Gotze get in the line up and all that. Personally for me one of the players that easily have a secured place there, and he can be the main man that would make Pep's system work even better, not as a false 9 but general involvement.

Home of Barca Fans