Mario Gotze

Alik

qOOxzn2.gif
:worthy:

Meitux

Nah.. seriously he's scoring some but he's not a goal scorer in the way you mean in at all, he still needs improvement and that isn't tottaly his main job.

JamDav1982

Neymar still has quite a bit of proving to do in the big games compared to Götze, Let's see if they both play a full season and them compare them after the WC.

What big games is that?

Neymar has done well in just above every big club and intl game he has been involved in.

Alik

Neymar still has quite a bit of proving to do in the big games compared to Götze, Let's see if they both play a full season and them compare them after the WC.

Neymar has proved himself in big games already.

The whole confederations tournament, spanish supercup, Real Madrid... More games than Gotze.

But I agree we'll see after the WC.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Neymar is already in top 5 gotze is still far away. Neymar is main star of Brazil NT at the age of 18, while gotze has to make an impact at germany. No doubt gotze is very good talent but neymar is better and have what it takes to be a star.

Paganinisrvnge

Come on guys stop being biased. Neymar played well at the Confederations Cup but it's still just a warm-up tournament to the world cup. He had a good match against Real but not amazing and it took him until the last CL group game to get his first goals against an abysmal Celtic side.

I've liked Neymar so far and I admit I underestimated his talent before we signed him but Gotze was key in Dortmund's back to back Bundesliga winning side and was pretty good in the CL knockouts. Then he scored the first goal in his return to Dortmund for Bayern after he was heavily booed.

In conclusion, neither of these two are even top 10 in the world yet and still both have things to prove. I want to see what Neymar does in the CL knockouts.

Crews

For the Confederation cup I agree but I do not rate those cup things that much nor Real Madrid as of late. And don't tell me about Real winning their CL group, that wasn't a tall order looking at their opponents. The biggest and most important games take place during the spring and that's when a player's worth is really measured.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Neymar has done more and is more developed than Gotze, but I wouldn't dare say he's a bigger talent. Both are around equal in terms of potential IMO

Crews

Neymar has done more and is more developed than Gotze, but I wouldn't dare say he's a bigger talent. Both are around equal in terms of potential IMO

Arguing their talent levels is subjective, but how on earth does being a star in the Brazilian league compare to being a star in the Bundesliga for multiple seasons? Being good in the CL playoffs is something that Neymar still has to prove as well.

Home of Barca Fans