Mario Gotze

Paganinisrvnge

football exists before europe brah.

we don't have to account your lack of realization of that. i know your not that familiar to the scope and depth of the game when you say things like that.

Please enlighten me then. Name at least 3 teams he's played that are top 20 in the world besides Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

spark

What great teams has Neymar played besides an exhausted Spain, Real Madrid still getting used to Ancelotti, and Atletico in a not so important match?

Even if what you were saying was true, which it patently isnt, what does merely participating in these big games have to do with anything. Here I was thinking that it was the performance in these games that was important. But I guess once Neymar plays a cl Semi, even if its against Galatasaray, he will have arrived.

JamDav1982

Please enlighten me then. Name at least 3 teams he's played that are top 20 in the world besides Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

Why 'besides Real Madrid and Atletico'?

You cant just discount those teams then ask a question.

Name me the top 20 teams Gotze has played minus Bayern and Real Madrid.

Rahj

This kid is the one player closest to Messi in terms of both style and talent, in my opinion. Definitely a future BD winner.

if there is one german player with realistic chances of winning the balon d'or in the future, then it's him.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
They're both class in their own way, and looking at what opponents they played doesn't make sense anyway.

Cule4life

The Culest
What silly arguments I have seen here. Both are great talents. But they both are too young to compare. I would wait atleast after the world cup to draw any conclusions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
if there is one german player with realistic chances of winning the balon d'or in the future, then it's him.

Agreed. The others, be it Özil, Reus or Draxler (I have not bought into his hype yet) etc., stand no chance.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Is Ballon D'Or now a measurement of quality? If so Iniesta and Xavi should both have won two or three before Götze wins one. Also what a strange "prediction" this is :lol:

What silly arguments I have seen here. Both are great talents. But they both are too young to compare. I would wait atleast after the world cup to draw any conclusions.
...or even longer. Most of the times it's not about potential but whether or not a player can reach it. With those two, we'll see that in a few years. Senseless to compare them now. But while we're at it, at least Neymar is not as much of a traitor...

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is Ballon D'Or now a measurement of quality? If so Iniesta and Xavi should both have won two or three before Götze wins one. Also what a strange "prediction" this is

Certainly not, after all there is only a handful of people who will win the BD in one's career, and there a lot of quality players. It is just that the BD these days is usually reserved for prolific scorers done in some sort of flashy style, like it nor not. The other German players just don't cut it (well, it is perhaps too early to issue a verdict on Draxler).

Paganinisrvnge

Why 'besides Real Madrid and Atletico'?

You cant just discount those teams then ask a question.

Name me the top 20 teams Gotze has played minus Bayern and Real Madrid.

Manchester City 3 times, Dortmund once. He faced Real 3 times I believe and faced Bayern at least 4 or 5 times while at Dortmund.

Neymar has played one match against Real and one against Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans