Mario Gotze

footyfan

Calma, calma
Isco has faced Dortmund, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan and Juventus.

All hail Isco, the greatest and most proven young talent in the world! :worthy:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isco has faced Dortmund, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan and Juventus.

All hail Isco, the greatest and most proven young talent in the world! :worthy:

Nah, not him. Isco is great with the ball, but his problem is that he holds on to the ball for much too long, ignoring teammates in open positions. He just doesn't like passing the ball.

Or did I fail to sense your sarcasm? :p

footyfan

Calma, calma
Gotze has only faced Dortmund, Bayern, Real Madrid, Man City and Arsenal. He still hasn't been worthy enough to face the champions of the world, Corinthians.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Certainly not, after all there is only a handful of people who will win the BD in one's career, and there a lot of quality players. It is just that the BD these days is usually reserved for prolific scorers done in some sort of flashy style, like it nor not. The other German players just don't cut it (well, it is perhaps too early to issue a verdict on Draxler).

I was more pointing to the strange habit of using the BD as a point of reference for skill. "Götze is so good, he will win a Ballon D'Or!" As if that means anything. I would expect something like, "Götze is so good, he will help his country win the world cup/help his club win the CL/outscore XYZ" etc. Not to mention the BD is between those players with the most star appeal, and in Götze's age group, that is Neymar. And "flashy style" -> if it wasn't for Messi and Ronaldo, Iniesta and Xavi would have both won at least one (judging from their placements in those years), and neither of them are flashy.

Götze hasn't achieved anything yet. It's plain to see he is an amazing talent, but that alone doesn't define a player. What's more important is whether or not he can reach his potential and what he will achieve in the future, and we will know about that in a couple of years. As it stands now, I see Neymar ahead of him.

Last edited:

Crews

vq02FUL.gif

Crews

No it didn't :D No idea how the ball could even go to that direction had it hitted the chinese guy.

Home of Barca Fans