Mario Gotze

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'd rotate him with Ozil.
There's also Kroos who has repeatedly indicated he wants the CAM spot and has been tested out as CAM in the past few games. I think LW is most likely for Gotze seeing Reus is not having the best of seasons and Low has played Gotze next to Ozil before. Perhaps false 9, could be logical since he played there in the last two test matches.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Klose
Gotze-Ozil-Kroos-Reus
Gundogan

or

Gotze-Ozil-Kroos-Reus
Gundogan-Schweinsteiger

In the first formation, Kroos drops deeper and forms a diamond shape in front on Gundogan, Reus and Gotze have free rein, Klose is there to finish each and every chance. In the second one, Reus and Gotze can play as two strikers, as one, or play in Gundogan running in from the deep, whatever they want to in each moment. I wanted to find a way to put Khedira in as well, but I don't think he's good enough with the ball to play a lone CM, maybe I could include him instead of Gundogan in the second formation.

AfricanBavarian

Klose
Gotze-Ozil-Kroos-Reus
Gundogan

or

Gotze-Ozil-Kroos-Reus
Gundogan-Schweinsteiger

In the first formation, Kroos drops deeper and forms a diamond shape in front on Gundogan, Reus and Gotze have free rein, Klose is there to finish each and every chance. In the second one, Reus and Gotze can play as two strikers, as one, or play in Gundogan running in from the deep, whatever they want to in each moment. I wanted to find a way to put Khedira in as well, but I don't think he's good enough with the ball to play a lone CM, maybe I could include him instead of Gundogan in the second formation.

A midfield of Schweinstiger and Gundogan is to weak, just watch tge 4-4 match vs Sweden....

Alik

There's also Kroos who has repeatedly indicated he wants the CAM spot and has been tested out as CAM in the past few games. I think LW is most likely for Gotze seeing Reus is not having the best of seasons and Low has played Gotze next to Ozil before. Perhaps false 9, could be logical since he played there in the last two test matches.

Yeah, but isn't Kroos below in the pecking order?

Klose
Gotze-Ozil-Kroos-Reus
Gundogan

or

Gotze-Ozil-Kroos-Reus
Gundogan-Schweinsteiger

What about Muller?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
This is the formation Low tried to bring both Ozil and Gotze in (v. Ukraine 2 years ago):

Gomez
Gotze Ozil
Aogo Kroos Khedira Trasch
Hummels Badstuber Boateng

Gotze/Ozil didn't really work out, the rest was alright.

It doesn't really make sense to change everything for the world cup though. The safest is to rotate Gotze with Reus or Muller, perhaps Reus as he's really not at his best. Some new, tricky formation might be something for after the world cup, but Low won't experiment before it. So the most likely formation is

Klose/Gomez
Gotze/Reus -Ozil - Muller
Khedira Schweinsteiger

Left out Gundogan because Low will prefer Khedira or Schweinsteiger over him anyway. If Khedira's out he might get a shot, but then I think Low would prefer Kroos.

Yeah, but isn't Kroos below in the pecking order?
He's below Ozil, but Gotze is too. Right now I think Kroos has more "rights" than Gotze, he had to wait on the bench for several years. Honestly, Low won't drop Ozil or rotate him unless he's injured, he loves him too much. While Khedira/Schweinsteiger/Gundogan are all injured, he'll play Kroos as CM, but they should be back for the world cup, so those spots will be taken again. Honestly I don't know what he will do with Kroos, perhaps use him as a sub again. I don't like him as a player too much, so I wouldn't mind dropping him. But generally, as I said, there are too many good midfielders who would deserve to start. Luxury and problem in one.

Last edited:

Dinho

No deflection, in my opine. He cuts across the ball and we all know how modern day footballs move when struck in the sweet spot.

Anyway, Götze is becoming a machine in front of goal. Ramsey and Götze are on drugs. ;)

AfricanBavarian

Gotze's decision making is still questionable at times and he needs to be more consistent in front of goal. He can score some amazing goals but its all about scoring those simple chances too. Messi and CR7 score a lot of wonderful goals but i think its the fact that they score all of the easy chances too that separates them from the pack

DinhoR10

Gotze's decision making is still questionable at times and he needs to be more consistent in front of goal. He can score some amazing goals but its all about scoring those simple chances too. Messi and CR7 score a lot of wonderful goals but i think its the fact that they score all of the easy chances too that separates them from the pack

And the fact that messi's best goals are better than everyone else's.

DinhoR10

Im sure their tons of players who have scored better goals than Messi but thats not the point i was making :p

Maradona and Ronaldinho maybe but I've yet to see a 19 year old do this in a top league other than him.

Theres a reason he's the best and its not just cause of his crazy goal counts its HOW he scores those goals that makes him the best.

Home of Barca Fans