Mario Gotze

NotInHere

Maradona and Ronaldinho maybe but I've yet to see a 19 year old do this in a top league other than him.

Theres a reason he's the best and its not just cause of his crazy goal counts its HOW he scores those goals that makes him the best.
Pretty much this, when Leo scores amazing goals, their just not "amazing", they're out of this world. The video that Dinho provided, pretty much sums it up.

Gotze is 21, Messi was 19 when he scored that goal.

Die Bayern

No deflection, in my opine. He cuts across the ball and we all know how modern day footballs move when struck in the sweet spot.

Anyway, Götze is becoming a machine in front of goal. Ramsey and Götze are on drugs. ;)

8 goals for him so far, I hope he can beat his previous best. I'd be over the moon if he managed to score something like 20 goals for us this season.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Why do people even draw conclusions between Gotze and Messi? That's silly. At no stage of his career was he close to Messi's level (at any stage of Messi's career), and probably never will be. Nor is he expected to. Messi is no legitimate measurement for the talent of youngsters.

Gotze's decision making is still questionable at times and he needs to be more consistent in front of goal. He can score some amazing goals but its all about scoring those simple chances too. Messi and CR7 score a lot of wonderful goals but i think its the fact that they score all of the easy chances too that separates them from the pack

The high numbers are what seperates them from most other players, that is true, but quality and frequency of quality is what separates Messi from CR and everybody else. No other player can pull off what he does so regularly, not even CR. CR does what most players can do, but he does it an awful lot. That is what makes him great, that and the fact that he sometimes does what most other players can't do. Messi on the other hand regularly does what most others can't do. That is not to say he doesn't score easy chances too, but the number of out-of-this-world goals Messi scores is unreachable. And while I agree that there are players who have scored better goals than some of Messi's goals (I have a weakness for Ibra and Ronaldinho), it's really hard for anyone to reach or top the quality of Messi's best goals; in my eyes anyway. Especially at such young age :wub:

To get back to your point though, he should become more consistent, especially if he wants to be played as false 9.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

suckabov

Lemon curry?

That's silly. He hasn't ever been better than or on par with Messi, isn't and won't be. We can look at stats all we want but everyone who has watched both players knows that there's no comparison. People call Messi a "once-in-a-lifetime" talent but act like he's a once-in-5-years talent. Also, as far as I know, Pep wanted Neymar and not Gotze. (Also bleacherreport write a lot of crap. They made a "top players from CL last 16" list and didn't include Messi...)

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's silly. He hasn't ever been better than or on par with Messi, isn't and won't be. We can look at stats all we want but everyone who has watched both players knows that there's no comparison. People call Messi a "once-in-a-lifetime" talent but act like he's a once-in-5-years talent. Also, as far as I know, Pep wanted Neymar and not Gotze. (Also bleacherreport write a lot of crap. They made a "top players from CL last 16" list and didn't include Messi...)

Yes, I noticed that some of their writers have a pretty explicit pro-Buli bias. Clark Whitney just can't shut up bragging about how great German footballers are. :lol:

AfricanBavarian

Expecting any player to be as good as Messi and Ronaldo is overkill in my opinion, you dont need to be them to be considered an amazing player

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Sorry, just thought it was a little funny, I actually like Götze.

Okay, no harm done. when you hear/see it first, it may appear to be funny, but trust me... when you as a German had to witness the BVBtards' rage on virtually every social media platform, it gets quite tiresome at some point, since every second person or so kept calling him Fotze/Fötze.

Home of Barca Fans