Mario Gotze

khaled_a_d

I'm surprised Pep doesn't seem to rate him that much. First he didn't even want him but Neymar (Hoeneß signing). Now that he has him anyway he's not using him even with completely out of form Ribery. IMO he's actually the best player in the entire Bayern squad for his playing style and also a better player than Neymar at this point of his development. His decision making, European experience and composure infront of goal sets him apart for now. Strange. Maybe Pep doesn't have the balls to bench the old guard and Ribery is making the lineups. :pep:

Well,Ribery is 1.7m tall ,he should be Pep favorite :pep:
Joking aside he has bright future ahead of him ,Ribery is 31 and Robben iand there is even a chance Kroos leave in 2015 if he doesn't renew (Many could qualify to CL next summer,will have Van Gaal as coach with probably way more wages) ,so I think the scene is set for him and Thiago to ve the stars of the team soon enough

Gilberto

I'm surprised Pep doesn't seem to rate him that much. First he didn't even want him but Neymar (Hoeneß signing). Now that he has him anyway he's not using him even with completely out of form Ribery. IMO he's actually the best player in the entire Bayern squad for his playing style and also a better player than Neymar at this point of his development. His decision making, European experience and composure infront of goal sets him apart for now. Strange. Maybe Pep doesn't have the balls to bench the old guard and Ribery is making the lineups. :pep:

I agree he's better than Ribery but Ribery is a winger, Gotze is a CAM. Although Ribery is out of form, I think he still is the better left winger of the two.. The problem for Gotze is that he has to compete with Muller, who is in decent form, for the CAM position. I would obviously play Gotze instead of Muller, but I see why some people would prefer Muller...

Alarcón

Götze is the player most suited to Pep's playing style. He should have used him as false 9 against Madrid. He was the only Bayern player who showed any kind of danger in both games and he came from the bench twice.

AfricanBavarian

Mario Götze

What a finish! Especially after a lackluster WC.

goal1.gif

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
What a great goal to win it, Gotze! Well done. You can't feel bad when a goal of such quality wins the World Cup.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The flop of the tournament scored the winning goal in the final and now everyone thinks he is the best.

How cruel life is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is the greatest

"..flop that managed to steal the thunder with a decisive goal so he is considered the hero"?

Yes, I will give that to you.

I know I am very bitter right now. But seriously, earlier this year I thought Goetze would be the cream of the next crop of players. Now I have my doubts.

Home of Barca Fans