Mario Gotze

Hummelsbauer

"..flop that managed to steal the thunder with a decisive goal so he is considered the hero"?

Yes, I will give that to you.

I know I am very bitter right now. But seriously, earlier this year I thought Goetze would be the cream of the next crop of players. Now I have my doubts.

LOL, why? Because he underperformed on the wing playing possession football? The second Guardiola stopped playing him in the middle he got worse, and that all to accommodate his boy Thiago Alcantara. Pepe just favors his boy. Gotze belongs somewhere in the middle and needs more playing time.

Internazionale

LOL, why? Because he underperformed on the wing playing possession football? The second Guardiola stopped playing him in the middle he got worse, and that all to accommodate his boy Thiago Alcantara. Pepe just favors his boy. Gotze belongs somewhere in the middle and needs more playing time.

Swear I've seen this at some other team he coached :messi:

Alarcón

Of course he favours his boy, his boy is better

BerkeleyBernie

Great moment for him. Kinda weird goalkeeping by Romero though. Looked like he dived out of the way.

Not weird- Romero guessed the shot was going to be high near post, then twisted to try to get to it going behind him. Not a bad guess- most of the time, that's where a player will put it. The ball came off his foot with a lot of pace- no telling which way it was going to go, or time to adjust.

Last edited:

MVBarcaFan

Great moment for him. Kinda weird goalkeeping by Romero though. Looked like he dived out of the way.

Probably thought Gotze was going near post and committed early, which proved to be a mistake. I blame Demichelis for the goal though. Ball watching and didn't track Gotze.

Jadentheman

Not weird- Romero guessed the shot was going to be high near post, then twisted to try to get to it going behind him. Not a bad guess- most of the time, that's where a player will put it. The ball came off his foot with a lot of pace- no telling which way it was going to go, or time to adjust.

You never told how you knew he was going to score late. Anyways he got very lucky. Dude sucked for most of the tournament, is a bench player for Bayern for good reasons yet he scores the winning goal. Football is cruel.

BerkeleyBernie

You never told how you knew he was going to score late.

?? Why would I say anything like that? I didn't know, though I suspected Germany would score (at 90 minutes, I actually thought both teams might score several, as the defenses tired). Doesn't surprise me that Schurrle created the opportunity- he'd been offensively aggressive all game. And as Goetze was a late sub, it makes sense that his legs/mind were fresher. Regardless, great touch and finish.

Funny, as Schurrle only came on because both Kramer and Khedira were out. If Khedira had played, likely Schurrle would have been the sub for Klose instead of Goetze, who would have remained on the bench.

Had Reus not been injured, probably wouldn't have seen much of either Schurrle or Goetze.

BerkeleyBernie

DonAK post obligatory boner pics :lol:

Don't know if this is PhotoShopped, but pretty damn funny. :lol:

Bjq2OaBIYAAWy6S.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans