Marquinhos

Bertus

I hope this is all a smoke screen. It really makes no freaking sense.
Maybe i'm wrong, so we'll see, but i hope too that there's some logic behind that theatre because PSG is decided to keep Marcos it seems.

All i can say is that whatever happens, spanish medias are the most "creative" of all that i follow.

I

instinct

Blanc already said that he doesn't want to sell Marquinhos but if I remember correctly Nasser told the press that Barcelona won't get Thiago Silva. It was a public argument as far as I remember.

I want the PSG board to reveal a public statement soon. It seems that Blanc's interview wasn't enough. However, it seems to be different to last year's TS saga. But maybe Bertus can tell me something more about this

Bertus

Blanc already said that he doesn't want to sell Marquinhos but if I remember correctly Nasser told the press that Barcelona won't get Thiago Silva. It was a public argument as far as I remember.

I want the PSG board to reveal a public statement soon. It seems that Blanc's interview wasn't enough. However, it seems to be different to last year's TS saga. But maybe Bertus can tell me something more about this
Nasser replied to that already twice:

- He doesn't sell his promising youths he believes in (verratti, marcos)
- He doesn't sell players he just bought one year ago.

- Le_Parisien talked to him twice in off, and he said to them Marcos will stay. That was before Laurent Blanc coming out.

The only difference with TS is that he didn't want to leave PSG from the start, while Marquinhos asked if he had the right too, and PSG board, including the president Nasser, and owner Al Thani (as said by laurent blanc) when he was in Paris 2 weeks ago, said no.

I know barcelona is great and all, i know it because i follow this club too. But if anyone here thinks Zubi has a chance to deal successfully with Al Thani, an owner of a state, then he's deluded, sorry.

The only thing that can make things move is if Marcos goes on Riots.

So far, he didn't show anything like that during his stage in Austria. Totally different than last year at Roma when he didn't show at a stage right when PSG entered the dance.

L

linetty

I think it's a smokescreen. They wouldn't let another 'Thiago Silva' happen.

Bertus

I think it's a smokescreen. They wouldn't let another 'Thiago Silva' happen.

Or they work on both CBs. One secret ) à la Suarez (like Flavia said, Barcelona was secretly on suarez for quite some times, you don't get a deal in just 3 weeks)

And while doing that, they can keep watching Marcos and see if a door opens. With the help of spanish medias to try to bring some fire in the room ;)

It can still happen. If tomorrow we learn Marcos is boycotting PSG, then everything can happen.

Tomchin

Does anyone remember the exact quote of Bartomeu? Did he say that one of our Cb-targets was still at the WC, or did i misinterprete that? How great would it be if we're really trying to sign hummels. The pique-hummels partnership would be boss, just like pique-marquez some years ago.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing suggest that we were looking to get Suarez before Luis Enrique's arrival. As soon as we did, it was leaked to the media. We prob talked with him and his agent who conveyed to Liverpool that he want to leave and they agreed to open talks with us (the biting incident might have helped with that).

Not implying that he bit Chiellini just to push L'pool to sell by the way. Just in case someone misunderstand......

Bertus

Nothing suggest that we were looking to get Suarez before Luis Enrique's arrival. As soon as we did, it was leaked to the media. We prob talked with him and his agent who conveyed to Liverpool that he want to leave and they agreed to open talks with us (the biting incident might have helped with that).

Not implying that he bit Chiellini just to push L'pool to sell by the way. Just in case someone misunderstand......

Well, you know, maybe Barcelona approached him already last year and Suarez was already aware that they could try to get him. And suarez apparently didn't even discuss it, he really, really wanted to join Barca from what he's showing. I think joining any other team was no question to him.

AS and Marca can say all they want it's RM that ditched to recruit him bc of the bite, but it feels like poor excuse to me. He had the choice, and he wanted Barca, not RM, end of story.

Whatever happened anyways, Barcelona did well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, you know, maybe Barcelona approached him already last year and Suarez was already aware that they could try to get him. And suarez apparently didn't even discuss it, he really, really wanted to join Barca from what he's showing. I think joining any other team was no question to him.

AS and Marca can say all they want it's RM that ditched to recruit him bc of the bite, but it feels like poor excuse to me. He had the choice, and he wanted Barca, not RM, end of story.

Whatever happened anyways, Barcelona did well.

Could be, but judging by how things are going at Barcelona with a split board with people using the media to front thier agenda then I see no reason why it would not have been leaked as well.

IIRC then L'Pool also promised Suarez to consider offers this summer if a big foreign club came in running for him(Don't take my word on this though) once he signed his contract renewal last year.

By the looks of it, it's Suarez who ditched Real Madrid(His in law's lives in Castelldefels just outside the city of BCN) once we expressed our serious interest in him and not the other way around, but they can write whatever they want to make the madridistas sleep well at night.

Bertus

Could be, but judging by how things are going at Barcelona with a split board with people using the media to front thier agenda then I see no reason why it would not have been leaked as well.

IIRC then L'Pool also promised Suarez to consider offers this summer if a big foreign club came in running for him(Don't take my word on this though) once he signed his contract renewal last year.

By the looks of it, it's Suarez who ditched Real Madrid(His in law's lives in Castelldefels just outside the city of BCN) once we expressed our serious interest in him and not the other way around, but they can write whatever they want to make the madridistas sleep well at night.

- Yup, that's what rumors were saying. He signed anew contract because of that.

- And yeah, after all they said about him joining RM and all, they need to build up some excuses :rofl1:

Bertus

SPORT \o\ \o/ /o/:

• - Today title: "Marquinhos must put pressure on PSG now"
  • - SPORT is announcing that Zubi will now concentrate full force on fixing Barca defense.
  • - The objectives are unchanged and won't change for Andoni Zubizarreta: Marquinhos is first priority, then Mathieu and cuadrado.
  • - According to SPORT, the three players have an agreement with Barcelona.
  • - SPORT says that now the players need to put pressure on their clubs while Barcelona opens the discussions.

Now the real question is coming, SPORT seems to ignore the fact PSG refuses to open discussions, just like last summer. I guess they will talk with themselves as usual.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As soon as economical and political position of Europe deteriorate, all big investors will bail out, never mind fun and sports industry.
And PSG will be first to go due to France's erratic political agenda.

Unless, of course, their owners get bored with new toys and throw them back into garbage where they picked them in the first place.

Bertus

As soon as economical and political position of Europe deteriorate, all big investors will bail out, never mind fun and sports industry.
And PSG will be first to go due to France's erratic political agenda.

What does this scenario have to do with Marquinhos' transfer?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Petrodollars ruining football has everything to do with today's football unfortunately but I guess I'm not directly on topic so I'll leave it at that.

serghei

@Bertus, I have a feeling that, after Barca will reach an agreement with PSG for Marquinhos, they'll also need to ask for your consent before being allowed to make the transfer. When the time comes, you better say YES my friend.

Home of Barca Fans