Marquinhos

Bertus

@Bertus, I have a feeling that, after Barca will reach an agreement with PSG for Marquinhos, they'll also need to ask for your consent before being allowed to make the transfer. When the time comes, you better say YES my friend.
:lol:

The main problem is not me, it's Al Thani being against this transfer.

If i had to bet who would win between zoobidoobidoo and qatar leader, I choose Qatar leader even if it won't please Bojan and other people who hate on oil clubs ;)

That said, everything can happen. Like Barcelona offering 70M :)

Last edited:

Bertus

BTW, since so many people are interested in Marquinhos, don't forget PSG is playing today. And Marquinhos will play.

- PSG vs Videoton, Austria, 5pm french time.

As always, i guess you can find a way to watch it even if you don't have BeIn ;)

Blanc said that every players that are attending the stage will get some play time.

So Marquinhos will not play the entire match this time.

Last edited:

Bertus

So Marquinhos will not play the entire match this time.

PSG won 4-3. Horrible defense beside Marquinhos who did very good. Jallet and Camara should really retire.

And wrong call, Marquinhos played the entire match and ended up captain :lol:

Bertus

Guys, big articles today about the CB situation from the two catalan newspapers.

From SPORT

• - Today title: "PSG does not sell Marquinhos"
  • - Barcelona wants to sign PSG's CB Marquinhos, as asked by Luis Enrique, but PSG is not even willing to negociate with barcelona.
  • - This week will see the final attempt of Barcelona in trying to sign Marquinhos.
  • - Unlike other targets, according to Luis Enrique, Marquinhos has everything Barcelona wants from a CB: speed, good in the air, good technique with the ball.
  • - Barcelona is willing to do anything to sign him.
  • - But SPORT anticipates what will happen. Barcelona will end up in deaf ears since PSG refuses to sell its player that is destined to be the successor of TS at PSG and in Brazil national team.
  • - Nasser Al Khelaifi, PSG President, has no intention to meet with Barcelona representatives.
  • - Nasser is especially against meeting them if it's to talk about selling PSG players to them.
  • - Raul Sanllehi met with PSG's executives three weeks ago and both parties agreed at the time to meet again after the world cup.
  • - But since then, the parisian club cut all discussions and plans to stand Barcelona up while in the meantime firmly said to its player that he will stay at PSG.
  • - According to SPORT sources, the resolution of the french club is beyind question: Marquinhos is not for sale.
  • - Barcelona is not anticipating anything else than a minimum discussion to their last attempt coming this week.
  • - If it fails, Barcelona is gonna ask if Mats Hummels or Joao Miranda are available.

From MD:

• - It will be very difficult to snatch Marquinhos from PSG.
  • - Barcelona will restart talks with Hummels and Vertonghen in case the "operation marquinhos" fails.
  • - Barcelona reopened contacts with CBs from their shortlist and informed their respective clubs that they are real possibilities
  • - Luis Enrique is dead set on marquinhos and Mathieu.
  • - But yet, Barcelona is anticipating that these deals might fail.
  • - Laurent Blanc is blocking any negociations for Marquinhos MD has learned.
  • - Barcelona is exasperated by the behaviors of Valencia who refuses to negociate Mathieu's fee.
  • - Valencia continues to ask for the exorbitant price of Mathieu's release clause.
  • - They say they learned Mats Hummels will not leave BvB under 25M euros ( :facepalm: ya sure only 25M for the current best CB in the world. What bullshit)
  • - Jan Vertonghen recieved many offers. His agent Mustapha Naklino is in contact with Barcelona and some other clubs.
  • - Barcelona also started discussions with the agent of Fabian Schär.
  • - Finally, MD announces Benatia could be a new objective since yesterday there was a rumor about it but player's representatives denied it.

Bertus

Sincerely and without sarcasms, good luck on hummels guys.

As long as Barcelona leaves Marcos alone since PSG will need him because of retarded DL, everything is good.

Bertus

According to EcoDario:

• - They think that the arrival of Di Maria will push a transfer of Marquinhos since Di Maria will cost 60M and PSG needs money.
  • - Cavani and Verratti will not be sold by PSG.
  • - So PSG will have to sell Marquinhos and Barcelona is ready to offer 35M for him.

They should discover soon that we have more than 3 players in the squad and some more likely to be sold like Lavezzi.

And i know it's nothing new, sorry. Slow news are slow. Either french of spanish medias, sooooo slow.

Neymessi

According to EcoDario:

They should discover soon that we have more than 3 players in the squad and some more likely to be sold like Lavezzi.

And i know it's nothing new, sorry. Slow news are slow. Either french of spanish medias, sooooo slow.

So marco to barca could happen?

Bertus

So marco to barca could happen?

Not because of that spanish newspaper/website.

They are playing the guessing games. As i said above, if we need money, we have other players to sell in priorities.

The trophée des champions is soon and the french league starts soon too in august and TS and DL will probably won't be ready before mid september. We have only 1 CB left (Marcos) that will be paired with grandpa Camara while waiting for TS and DL.

We can't sell Marquinhos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now I know why you call him grandpa Camara :lol:

The guy is 35. No wonder they dont wanna sell Marquinhos at any cost. :lol:

Bertus

Who's Camara, never heard of him before? I suppose he's your 4th CB, is he any good?

He's old, super slow, and no good anymore on the pitch.

His contract got renewed because everyone including the staff and the players like him.

He speaks lots of language and serves as a link between current squad and new players.

Since Ibra arrived, Camara became one of his best friends. You know he's that guy in the dressing room that usually almost never plays but that everyone wants him to be there because he knows how to talk, motivate, or even find the words when things go bad.

That's his last year as a player, and at the end fo this season, he will probably become part of the staff.

Bertus

SPORT about the defenders Barcelona is planning to buy

• - Mathieu, Cuadrado and Marquinhos remain Enquire's priorities.
  • - Mathieu should be the first to arrive.
  • - Barcelona tried to lower Mathieu's fee with no avail.
  • - Barcelona decided to pay the release clause fee.
  • - About Marquinhos, PSG seems dead set to not let him go.
  • - But they have signed TS and DL so a transfer can happen.
  • - Barcelona thinks Marquinhos can perfectly complement bartra, Pique and Mathieu.
  • - Juan Cuadrado will be recruited as RB despite being a former winger.
  • - Cuadrado will a new version of Dani Alves.
  • - Dani Alves has decided to stay at the club.
  • - But if Cuadrado's deal fails there's Montoya.

Also, SPORT's writer Joan Vehils posted an opinion on the matter:

• - Luis Suarez, Rakitic, Bravo and the return of Rafinha and Deulofeu were Enquire's wishes fulfilled so far.
  • - There are still 3 more players to sign: Mathieu, Marquinhos and Cuadrado.
  • - Those 3 players are barcelona main objective.
  • - Mathieu is almost done.
  • - It's complicated to negociate with PSG because they are a rich club.
  • - But it appears Marquinhos will press PSG to force his way out, so it will make negociations easier.
  • - The club will have to make a choice about Cuadrado: to splash money on him or not.
  • - Once those signings will be done, Zubizarreta will have fullfilled his role.
  • - Never a coach provided as much excitement as Enrique.

Home of Barca Fans