Marquinhos

Even at 50M it's a way better choice since we are salary restricted too.

We don't know the exact number but Marcos' salary is among the lowest of the team without counting the players from the old PSG.

And i'm anticipating what some people said to me last time, "why don't you buy a cheap CB at 10M euros lol!!!"

We want to compete in CL. If TS is out, people want us to use that crappy 10M CB we would have got??? It's suicidal.

The irony... is that here, Barca fans complain they need depth in their defense.

Do they even wonder that PSG needs depth too and not only via cheap super bad CBs?

The last time i had this discussion i preferred to stop replying but i would really like to know why what is a problem for Barcelona would not be for PSG. The sol logical reason i cna think about is that the people who think that value PSG so little that they think that since we will fail in CL it's no problem if we play Marcos or a cheap 10M random CB.
Here's my take on it: ATM Marcos has the potential to be a world class CB in the future but is not one yet. To fulfill his potential he needs regular play time, something that he won't get unless either DL/TS is sidelined (injury, suspension, etc). That's why PSG would be better served to spend 10-20m on a decent backup (e.g. Mathieu) and sell Marcos for +40m. It works for everybody, Marcos gets more playtime while PSG makes $$ without weakening their squad.

That being said I can see 2 reasons why PSG would be reluctant to follow such a course of action:
1) They need to find a good enough CB at a decent enough price who wouldn't mind spending most of his
2) TS only has another 2-4 years where he can realistically be expected to be at the top of his game; by that time Marcos will be around 22-24 so perhaps that's the real reason behind their reluctance to see him leave.

Alarcón

They will. There's no rules banning that.

YOu guys are really something with the wishful thinking.

It just means we burn our 60M allowed transfer right now instead of next year. We don't break the rules.
There don't need to be rules for everyone to see that that's a shady way of bypassing the conditions imposed on PSG and that is what UEFA will insist on when handing out another punishment and in front of court. Nothing to do with wishful thinking, it's common law, not everything has to be written.

Cule4life

The Culest
I fail to see what does this overrated kid have for our board to be obsessed with him so much. Same with Luiz. I am not one for spouting conspiracy theories but it does seem our board has a (rage inducing) Brazilian fetish

NeyMesSis

I fail to see what does this overrated kid have for our board to be obsessed with him so much. Same with Luiz. I am not one for spouting conspiracy theories but it does seem our board has a (rage inducing) Brazilian fetish

rakitic (Croatia)? Bravo (Chile)? MAtS (Gemany)? Suarez (Uruguay)? Mathieu (France)?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Thiago Silva David Luiz and Marquinhos are our primary targets since 3 years. It is obvious they are interested in them and weird thing is all ended up at PSG :lol: Now only Dante left to target but he won't fit barca so not targeting. We could have gone for Hummels or Benatia if we really wanted to push for a player who is off market.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

NeyMesSis

Thiago Silva David Luiz and Marquinhos are our primary targets since 3 years. It is obvious they are interested in them and weird thing is all ended up at PSG :lol: Now only Dante left to target but he won't fit barca so not targeting. We could have gone for Hummels or Benatia if we really wanted to push for a player who is off market.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

hummels wouldnt want to leave and benatia is still open

Bertus

There don't need to be rules for everyone to see that that's a shady way of bypassing the conditions imposed on PSG and that is what UEFA will insist on when handing out another punishment and in front of court. Nothing to do with wishful thinking, it's common law, not everything has to be written.

12M or 60M doesn't make any difference since PSG doesn't hide they are doing that to use their allowed transfers from 2015 right now. Even Blanc said it yesterday after the match against Nice.

Where's the UEFA police? Nowhere to be seen. Yesterday, the transfer of Aurier was registered with absolutely no problem depsite UEFA, LFP and FIFA knowing what we are doing because PSG said it clearly without hiding anything.

Which is not surprising since here in the medias, even in those that dislike PSG, not a single Lawyer or football expert said it was not allowed.

But keep dreaming if it suits your boat :)

I don't think RM will accept that deal for Di Maria but if they do and that UEFA does nothing to stop it, I will surely enjoy the rage parade that some people will throw here :hooray:

Last edited:

Tomchin

I don't think RM will accept that deal for Di Maria but if they do and that UEFA does nothing to stop it, I will surely enjoy the rage parade that some people will throw here :hooray:
Good point, RM probably would want the money instantly (or at least a part of it) to fund their move for James. Doubtful that they'd be willing to wait 1 year for that money.

Bertus

News about Cuadrado and Marquinhos from MD:

• - The last few days, Barcelona intensified their negociations for Marquinhos and Cuadrado.
  • - Both are still the main objective of the board.
  • - But the result is no good
  • - PSG refuses to talk, and Fiorentina asks too much money.
  • - The two operations cost would exceed 80M euros.
  • - Barcelona pretends they have the agreements of the players to pursue negociations.
  • - The french club is the most reluctant. PSG refuses to discuss with Sanllehi Raul and thus the discussions go nowhere.
  • - MD pretends to know Marquinhos didn't adapt to Blanc dressing room.
  • - Barcelona thinks a 35M fee would be fair.
  • - Barcelona counts on the player forcing his way out.
  • - PSG is 100% against a transfer because they see a future star in Marquinhos
  • - Cuadrado's case is even more complicated (oh really? more complicated than a GTFO?)
  • - Fiorentina wants 42M and didn't move a single inch from their targetted fee.
  • - MU is also interested in the player.

Bertus

News about Marquinhos from SPORT
  • - Kind of the same thing as above from MD but the main difference is on the cover, they pretend that the board and Lucho refuse to sign another CB if the "operation Marquinhos" fails.

Bertus

Blanc's press conference pre asian tour just ended and he replied to a question about our young promising talents and how the club will handle them:

Blanc: "Aurier is part of those young players, like Digne, Marquinhos, verratti and Lucas, that will be the heart of PSG in 3-4 years".

That raises some questions tho. Verratti is already a starter so it's weird to say that about him.

About Marquinhos, "if" he stays, PSG seems to set him as natural replacement of TS (TS contract ends in june 2018).

Dunno how Marcos will react to that. It's like saying he's on the waiting list till TS leaves.

Blanc's communication is horrible :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans