Marquinhos

Tomchin

Blanc's press conference pre asian tour just ended and he replied to a question about our young promising talents and how the club will handle them:
Strange quote indeed, 'cause Aurier will be the starting RB too I presume, so he's already the heart of PSG, not in 3-4 y?

Bertus

From SPORT:

• - Barcelona has 3 "finalists" for the CB slot
  • - Marquinhos, Vertonghen, Vermaelen
  • - SPORT is adament that PSG will have to sell Marquinhos because the player has an agreement with Barcelona. But so far, PSG is not even replying. He would cost 42M according to SPORT
  • - Vertonghen is determined to leave arsenal. He would cost 22M (yeah you read it right, SPORT published Vertonghen is an Arsenal player :facepalm: )
  • - Vermaelen would cost 20M.

From MD:

• - Barcelona has given up on Marquinhos and decided to chase Vermaelen.

From my personal opinion:

• - They both have no clue and publish shit like the Blind rumors that had no ground just to amuse people and to create false competitions. It worked on Mathieu apparently so why not.
  • - Barcelona will keep chasing Marquinhos till the very end of the mercato.
  • - Good luck.

Strange quote indeed, 'cause Aurier will be the starting RB too I presume, so he's already the heart of PSG, not in 3-4 y?

It was not well reported. I got my hands on the video of the conference and he didn't say things that way. I will translate the conference, but I need time.

Bertus

El Globo reported the same as Cadena Ser: Barcelona sent a bid of 40M for Marquinhos. Now waiting for a reply.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Thats a lot of money.But honestly i would prefer him to Vermaelen and Verthongen.

Me too. I still wonder why we haven't made an attempt for Howedes. He did decently at the World Cup. He can fill in at the two fullback positions as well as playing center back. And he's German which should help Ter Stegen fit in.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Me too. I still wonder why we haven't made an attempt for Howedes. He did decently at the World Cup. He can fill in at the two fullback positions as well as playing center back. And he's German which should help Ter Stegen fit in.

He's technically way too limited to be a Barca CB.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think Giorgio Chiellini will fit us perfectly too bad juve might not sell him.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think Giorgio Chiellini will fit us perfectly too bad juve might not sell him.

So that everybody can be like "ZUBI Y U SIGN SUCH OLDIES!!!"

After all Chiellini turns 30 in a few weeks. :pep:

Also Chiellini + Suarez. Maybe we should sign Zuniga for rightback too. :mou:

Last edited:

Truthist

40 Million is too much for Marquinhos, as talented as he is, we need a physically imposing young defender which he isn't.

Galning

Galning remember you wanted me to remind you when Barca bid 40m for a defender?

Nothing in all major Barça sources so yeah it must be true.

By the way, I made that comment went we allegedly made a 40M bid for Marquinhos so if that was rejected why would we offer the same amount again? :lol: Moving on and I'll rephrase: wake me up when Barça sign a 40M+ defender.

Home of Barca Fans