Marquinhos

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well, versatility aside (I completely agree with that part), if you drop Cavani straight into Benzema's position, wouldn't you think that he'd do pretty damn well?

About Cavani and Aguero, if both are at a 100%, I'd say it was a toss-up really.

It might work but with James and Ronaldo drifting to centre he will again cry that he is not given enough space. Cavani is a natural finisher that I agree, he scores awesome headers too. The scariest part is his incredible work rate. If that deal goes through it will be on level of David luiz transfer in stupidity scale for psg. Cavani is a great team player and Madrid exactly need that type. But I still can't say it will work beautifully. I hope it does not happen though. Even if he joins we still win in front three :D

Trickykid

It might work but with James and Ronaldo drifting to centre he will again cry that he is not given enough space. Cavani is a natural finisher that I agree, he scores awesome headers too. The scariest part is his incredible work rate. If that deal goes through it will be on level of David luiz transfer in stupidity scale for psg. Cavani is a great team player and Madrid exactly need that type. But I still can't say it will work beautifully. I hope it does not happen though. Even if he joins we still win in front three :D

Agree with most of it, but I don't think Cavani is a whole lot interested in staying put, as long as he's pushed wide by Zlatman, meaning PSG could be better off selling him. Combined with the whole FFP ordeal they're facing, I think it would make some sense for all parts involved.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Agree with most of it, but I don't think Cavani is a whole lot interested in staying put, as long as he's pushed wide by Zlatman, meaning PSG could be better off selling him. Combined with the whole FFP ordeal they're facing, I think it would make some sense for all parts involved.

Ibra is 33 almost. If they sell Cavani now they will never sign a striker of his quality because of the ffp. Selling cavani would be the dumbest move imo. They don't need Di Maria that desperately don't know why the sudden interest. They could sell lavezzi pastore etc.. to get him if they want. Selling cavani for di Maria might not work out. Who knows ibra will start decling pretty fast (he should decline at some point right? That dude is on fire lately). They should just use a formation to utilize both cavani and ibra before ibra moves elsewhere (3 seasons already. This is not zlatan style). But who knows it might work brilliantly and zlatan still manages to keep his form then yeah it will be great. But not so much in long term because in next windows also they will be fucked over by ffp and signing a striker will be very tough.

Trickykid

Ibra is 33 almost. If they sell Cavani now they will never sign a striker of his quality because of the ffp. Selling cavani would be the dumbest move imo. They don't need Di Maria that desperately don't know why the sudden interest. They could sell lavezzi pastore etc.. to get him if they want. Selling cavani for di Maria might not work out. Who knows ibra will start decling pretty fast (he should decline at some point right? That dude is on fire lately). They should just use a formation to utilize both cavani and ibra before ibra moves elsewhere (3 seasons already. This is not zlatan style). But who knows it might work brilliantly and zlatan still manages to keep his form then yeah it will be great. But not so much in long term because in next windows also they will be fucked over by ffp and signing a striker will be very tough.

Yeah, you're probably right.
I doubt Ibra will suddenly start declining, though. He's not showing much signs of doing so yet, and he should easily last at least one more season as the focal point. After that, though, who knows? They could very easily end up screwing themselves over on a deal like this, but then again, prudency probably isn't a trait that's widely used to describe PSG these days.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah, you're probably right.
I doubt Ibra will suddenly start declining, though. He's not showing much signs of doing so yet, and he should easily last at least one more season as the focal point. After that, though, who knows? They could very easily end up screwing themselves over on a deal like this, but then again, prudency probably isn't a trait that's widely used to describe PSG these days.

:lol: Yeah I forgot that we are talking about PSG here. And Cavani wants to move so psg might be willing to offload. At present he is not linked to Madrid and united showed some interest. As long as Madrid does not realize they need a true DM and full backs I will not be scared with all their CF signings. They can sign aguero too I don't care. The more they spend the more fun we will have when we beat them.

Antimadridista1

A friend of mine who support PSG told me that they needed to sell in order to buy Di Maria.

40m for Marquinhos is too much imo, I've been many times at the Parc des princes and watches a lot of Paris' games and I've never been impressed.
If we have 40m to splash on a young cb, we better do it for Laporte who's been stunning this season.

Zangash

Banned
Honest question here: Just how good is Marquinhos? Is he really so much better than IE that we need to spend 40m on him instead of blooding IE into the team so he can be as good as Marquinhos when he reaches that age?

Buying Ron Weasley made sense because by the time he's done being able to contribute one of our younger CBs will be ready to step up. Marquinhos would effectively kill any of their chances, though.

Antimadridista1

Honest question here: Just how good is Marquinhos? Is he really so much better than IE that we need to spend 40m on him instead of blooding IE into the team so he can be as good as Marquinhos when he reaches that age?

No. If I had to rate both of them, I'd give 7,5/10 to Marquinhos because he has a lot of experience for his age and 5 or 5.5/10 to Edgar Ie because he hasn't been tested for the moment but he has a great potential.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Any centerback who manages to excel in Zeman's kamikaze Roma has potential. However, he's shown that he's prone to brain farts in his time at PSG too.

Zangash

Banned
No. If I had to rate both of them, I'd give 7,5/10 to Marquinhos because he has a lot of experience for his age and 5 or 5.5/10 to Edgar Ie because he hasn't been tested for the moment but he has a great potential.

40m seems like it'd be more due to panic than actually looking ahead, then. The fans are crying out for a CB, let's buy them a couple so we can say we did.

If IE has the potential to be as good as or better at 20/21 as Marquinhos it wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money on a player who would shut him out of the team.

Home of Barca Fans