Marquinhos

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If IE has the potential to be as good as or better at 20/21 as Marquinhos it wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money on a player who would shut him out of the team.

Exactly. We have plenty of upcoming young centerback talent. Buying Marcos would only serve to freeze them out of the team. Buying another centerback really isn't worth it unless it's a marquee signing (Benatia or Hummels) or a 4th centerback (Fazio for 10M euros).

Bertus

Exactly. We have plenty of upcoming young centerback talent. Buying Marcos would only serve to freeze them out of the team. Buying another centerback really isn't worth it unless it's a marquee signing (Benatia or Hummels) or a 4th centerback (Fazio for 10M euros).

The thing is that Zubi and co. seem to see Marcos as a Marquee signing at least in soon to become potential. When you plan to spend 40M+ on a player, it means that.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The thing is that Zubi and co. seem to see Marcos as a Marquee signing at least in soon to become potential. When you plan to spend 40M+ on a player, it means that.

The thing is, at his age, he isn't worth that kind of money. If only somebody would go knock some sense into Zubi and co. about this. I hope Nasser tells us to GTFO like the last couple of times we've asked.

Bertus

The thing is, at his age, he isn't worth that kind of money. If only somebody would go knock some sense into Zubi and co. about this. I hope Nasser tells us to GTFO like the last couple of times we've asked.

TBH, if Barcelona knocks at the door with 55M, even I have doubts he would not at least consider it.

Bertus

55m? That's too much, the board would have to be insane to pay that amount.

I just picked what money Barca has left (56.5M from SPORT) as an example.

People said it here many times that there are offers you can't refuse.

While i don't believe it apply 100% of the time, i just have doubts that even Nasser would give the finger to a 55M offer.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Imagine if SPORT are going to report that the deal is accepted and French papers are saying the offer was refused and and then SPORT will be right and we will announce him in soon. Everyone are :worthy: SPORT

R

Ryu Hayabusa

He is worth 15 mio.at the maximum. Ginter, the guy Dortmund bought as 3rd CB is probably better... at least I've never seen him commit atrocious errors against less than average guys, while he was actually the pivot of Freiburg's whole defense.

Bertus

Got my hands on full today MD article about Marquinhos, so here's their lastest "scenario" :

From MD:

• - Title: "Marquinhos wants to come to Barcelona FC"
  • - The player is still keen to join Barcelona
  • - He's still Barcelona top priority
  • - But PSG is still giving the finger.
  • - The new things in this long story is that Barcelona is not in a rush anymore since they signed Mathieu.
  • - So while they had previously fixed a deadline to recruit Marquinhos now it's not the case anymore. They have 5 weeks to unfreeze the situation and sign Marquinhos.
  • - And MD (or Barcelona if they have real sources) are so desperate that they even talk about the possibility of a loan (see KingMessi, it's coming :rofl1: )

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Got my hands on full today MD article about Marquinhos, so here's their lastest "scenario" :

From MD:

• - Title: "Marquinhos wants to come to Barcelona FC"
  • - The player is still keen to join Barcelona
  • - He's still Barcelona top priority
  • - But PSG is still giving the finger.
  • - The new things in this long story is that Barcelona is not in a rush anymore since they signed Mathieu.
  • - So while they had previously fixed a deadline to recruit Marquinhos now it's not the case anymore. They have 5 weeks to unfreeze the situation and sign Marquinhos.
  • - And MD (or Barcelona if they have real sources) are so desperate that they even talk about the possibility of a loan (see KingMessi, it's coming :rofl1: )

Imagine that. We DO have a Mundo Deportivo writer on the forums. :rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans