Marquinhos

Bertus

I'm not 100% familiar with PSG but Nasser would seriously not let him leave? How many years does he have left on his contract?

I've always wanted him and Doria to be our CB pairing for WC2018, but I was worried when he a)wasn't playing for PSG and b) he has now seemed to change positions to RB.

How has he been as an RB?

Marquinhos current contract ends in june 2018.

Verratti contract ends in june 2019.

It's rumored Marquinhos will get a new 5 years contract with PSG this month. Which means he will be PSG tied till 2020 if it happens.

Icarium

Lifestealer
:neymar: Fixed.

He's on his way to become PSG main RB at the moment :facepalm:

If he is playing decently at RB too then we have all the more reason to go for him. Sign an attacking RB and marquinhos who could play as CB and also give cover for RB position. But i don't think psg will sell him, it will be the same old drama.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marquinhos current contract ends in june 2018.

Verratti contract ends in june 2019.

It's rumored Marquinhos will get a new 5 years contract with PSG this month. Which means he will be PSG tied till 2020 if it happens.

FFS Marcos. Don't sign a renewal :facepalm:

anguy

FFS Marcos. Don't sign a renewal :facepalm:

Why not? His position doesn't look so great right now, but Blanc might leave at the end of the summer and Silva is not getting younger. If his contact was set to expire in a year, it might be good for him to wait, but 3 years is a long time.

Bertus

Bertus, you fooled us last summer, didn't you say that he sucked at RB? ;)
Not my fault if he didn't play "that much" as RB before and didn't do anything great when they happened.

He improved so much that now he can play CB, RB, 6, whatever and do super good.

And BTW, I already said ealier that I was wrong and that Lucho was right when he perfectly saw through that marquinhos could be a very good RB.

Last edited:

Bertus

He will. Some cash will shut him up. While I understand Bertus's point about Nasser, I just can't see how they can force him to stay. He can go through extreme measures to leave.

Cavani tried last summer, and tried again this winter. He made awful interviews, he criticized the staff, the club, the fans, he boycotted training, stages, etc. What did he get? A fine and a ban from playing, then he got benched before being used again after he published his apologies in the press.

And Cavani is a way more big name than Marquinhos.

When Nasser doesn't want to sell, then it's as good as dead. So yeah, better to sign a new contract and get a better salary + starting to play regulary than going at war with Nasser.

Jair Ventura

I'm not 100% familiar with PSG but Nasser would seriously not let him leave? How many years does he have left on his contract?

I've always wanted him and Doria to be our CB pairing for WC2018, but I was worried when he a)wasn't playing for PSG and b) he has now seemed to change positions to RB.

How has he been as an RB?

Eh, I think people are being a bit dramatic. Marquinhos is only 20 and not yet a household name, the sun is setting on Silva's prime, and Blanc will not be at Paris for much longer. Beyond that, on the clubs end, there's really not much upside nor incentive in allowing him to leave. And for the player, at this stage in your career, whose going to be willing to pay you better wages?

For arguments sake say there's truth to recent rumors and Paris lands Simeone over the summer. There'd be a lot less doom and gloom surrounding Paris and the outlook for the careers of Marquinhos and the rest of PSG's young core would look a lot less bleak. Things are rocky right now, but I think he'll be fine.

EdmondDantes

This lad is on a league of his own when it comes to young centre halves. Varane is good but nowhere near him, Laporte is very good but Marquinhos is exceptional. I first saw him in the U-17 World Cup in Mexico in 2011, he had a shaven head and worn the captain's armband. He looked good in the tournament but I had no Idea he was gonna be this good. If I remember correctly Chelsea placed a £27 million offer for him after he had been playing in Serie A for like just two months, then Barca followed suit with another big offer. He would be perfect for us, he can play fullback, defensive midfield and at central defense.

I heard he had another good game at right back last night, although I did not watch as their derby coincided with our game v Bilbao. Van Gaal is after him, and they've got deep pockets at United but I feel he wants to come here.

Bertus

This lad is on a league of his own when it comes to young centre halves. Varane is good but nowhere near him, Laporte is very good but Marquinhos is exceptional. I first saw him in the U-17 World Cup in Mexico in 2011, he had a shaven head and worn the captain's armband. He looked good in the tournament but I had no Idea he was gonna be this good. If I remember correctly Chelsea placed a £27 million offer for him after he had been playing in Serie A for like just two months, then Barca followed suit with another big offer. He would be perfect for us, he can play fullback, defensive midfield and at central defense.

I heard he had another good game at right back last night, although I did not watch as their derby coincided with our game v Bilbao. Van Gaal is after him, and they've got deep pockets at United but I feel he wants to come here.

Yes, he had.

He was the only parisian who was good for 90 minutes.

He managed to save them twice even. Once from 2-0, and then from 2-1.

Both were world class blocks. And no dangerous crosses came from his side. Either he managed to block/deflect them, or they were not dangerous because of his pressure.

His growing rate is kind of unbelievable. He completely dwarfs DL, and also TS at times.

Leo_Messi

He likely missed the train last summer. No need to obsess about him like with TS who is past it now and who is going to turn 31 years this September as well.

Plenty of other promising youngsters around that would be easier to buy.

It could be much worse than Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu, Bartra and Vermaelen (lol).

Home of Barca Fans