Marquinhos

Bertus

He likely missed the train last summer. No need to obsess about him like with TS who is past it now and who is going to turn 31 years this September as well.

Plenty of other promising youngsters around that would be easier to buy.

It could be much worse than Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu, Bartra and Vermaelen (lol).
Was just stating facts.

Even psg fans are surprised that he's improving so fast.

Also, his future is not all dark just because he missed the Barca boat. If PSG gets a coach like Simeone or Conte next summer, there's no way he won't become PSG main CB for years to come.

He's not in the worst situation ever. His career is just starting, and there's chance it will be a bright one.

Leo_Messi

Was just stating facts.

Even psg fans are surprised that he's improving so fast.

Also, his future is not all dark just because he missed the Barca boat. If PSG gets a coach like Simeone or Conte next summer, there's no way he won't become PSG main CB for years to come.

He's not in the worst situation ever. His career is just starting, and there's chance it will be a bright one.

I was not replying to your post or that of any other user. In fact I have not even read them. I just saw this thread and gave my opinion about Marquinhos.

Of course his future is not dark. Who said such a ridiculous thing?

I have never doubted Marquinhos' talent. I wanted him at the club when he was still playing for AS Roma. The thing is though that a player of his talent is likely to want to experience a much better league in his career than Ligue 1. For instance PL or La Liga. I think that he is bound to move to either of those leagues in the not so distant future (3-4 years) future.

Bertus

I was not replying to your post or that of any other user. In fact I have not even read them. I just saw this thread and gave my opinion about Marquinhos.

Of course his future is not dark. Who said such a ridiculous thing?

I have never doubted Marquinhos' talent. I wanted him at the club when he was still playing for AS Roma. The thing is though that a player of his talent is likely to want to experience a much better league in his career than Ligue 1. For instance PL or La Liga. I think that he is bound to move to either of those leagues in the not so distant future (3-4 years) future.
People say that about Verratti every years, and medias too like to have wet dreams about it with lots of fake rumors and all, yet he's still there.

PSG is in a bad situation at the moment, but it's a more solid club than what people are thinking.

If you read my posts this past month, I too will not be worried or sad if they move away (well at least if they move to a club I like), but after what Nasser and QSI said recently, as I said two days ago, it's very hard for any psg bound players to leave.

And Pressuring the Qataries doesn't work great at the moment, as seen with Cavani, and Lavezzi, and even Marquinhos a bit last summer.

All we know about their futures for now is that both verratti and Marquinhos should renew their contracts with PSG soon according to their agents. The rest are just speculations and wishful thinking at the moment.

Leo_Messi

People say that about Verratti every years, and medias too like to have wet dreams about it with lots of fake rumors and all, yet he's still there.

PSG is in a bad situation at the moment, but it's a more solid club than what people are thinking.

If you read my posts this past month, I too will not be worried or sad if they move away (well at least if they move to a club I like), but after what Nasser and QSI said recently, as I said two days ago, it's very hard for any psg bound players to leave.

And Pressuring the Qataries doesn't work great at the moment, as seen with Cavani, and Lavezzi, and even Marquinhos a bit last summer.

All we know about their futures for now is that both verratti and Marquinhos should renew their contracts with PSG soon according to their agents. The rest are just speculations and wishful thinking at the moment.

The central question is will young promising players such as Marquinhos and Verratti stay in PSG for long? I personally don't think so. No matter how good PSG will become then they are still going to play in Ligue 1. A league that is gradually improving but a league that is still far less prestigious than La Liga and PL. The Bundesliga is a better league too. Serie A too arguably if their teams started to take the Europa League seriously like they have done this season.

They are getting insane wages and that's why they are mostly staying in PSG. No disrespect. Clubs such as PSG, Chelsea and Man City have the FFP to look for too. They won't be able to spend as much money at once as they did earlier.

Bertus

The central question is will young promising players such as Marquinhos and Verratti stay in PSG for long? I personally don't think so. No matter how good PSG will become then they are still going to play in Ligue 1. A league that is gradually improving but a league that is still far less prestigious than La Liga and PL. The Bundesliga is a better league too. Serie A too arguably if their teams started to take the Europa League seriously like they have done this season.

They are getting insane wages and that's why they are mostly staying in PSG. No disrespect. Clubs such as PSG, Chelsea and Man City have the FFP to look for too. They won't be able to spend as much money at once as they did earlier.
I personally think they will, as long as the qataries provide enough to be competitive in CL and continue to give more and more.

The qataries are investing a lot. New training grounds, personal places to stay and live for all their players, new PSG structures around the world (like the youth training ground they plan to build in Brazil) etc.

Let's see what will happen. At the moment, all they need is a world class coach.

BTW, the FFP won't impact them as much in the coming years, as published by the medias here or in england. Next year, they will get more money to spend + no players restrictions in CL, or only 2.

Leo_Messi

I personally think they will, as long as the qataries provide enough to be competitive in CL and continue to give more and more.

The qataries are investing a lot. New training grounds, personal places to stay and live for all their players, new PSG structures around the world (like the youth training ground they plan to build in Brazil) etc.

Let's see what will happen. At the moment, all they need is a world class coach.

BTW, the FFP won't impact them as much in the coming years, as published by the medias here or in england. Next year, they will get more money to spend + no players restrictions in CL, or only 2.

I am not disputing PSG's potenital here or that the Qataris are ambitious. I mean they have to spend some of their oil/gas billions on something outside of building skyscrapers and wasting money on palaces etc.

I am just saying that no matter how strong PSG is going to become then they will stay play in Ligue 1. A league that I don't see as a league that will become more attractive or better than La Liga, PL, Bundesliga or Serie A in the future.

Monaco was going to challenge PSG's dominance on the long run but look at them now. They are a slightly better version of Málaga.

For Ligue 1 to become much more attractive the league would have to become much stronger financially. I don't see how they are going to become that outside of billionaires buying various Ligue 1 clubs. Given the ridiculous taxation levels in France and the fact that most local billionaires are moving abroad this prospect looks unlikely.

Ligue 1 will remain a strong league that relies on homegrown and African talents/players but below the 4 traditionally big European leagues.
After all you can't buy history.

If FCB, RM, Man Utd, Bayern München, Chelsea, Juventus etc. are going to make an offer that PSG cannot refuse then Marquinhos and Verratti will be gone. I don't think that the players will stop such a transfer from happening because they would not want to leave as players from FCB, RM, Man Utd, Bayern München, Chelsea, Juventus etc. do on a regular basis when other top clubs show interest in their top players.

Last edited:

Bertus

I am not disputing PSG's potenital here or that the Qataris are ambitious. I mean they have to spend some of their oil/gas billions on something outside of building skyscrapers and wasting money on palaces etc.

I am just saying that no matter how could PSG is going to become then they will stay play in Ligue 1. A league that I don't see as a league that will become more attractive or better than La Liga, PL, Bundesliga or Serie A.

Monaco was going to challenge PSG's dominance on the long run but look at them now. They are a slightly better version of Málaga.

For Ligue 1 to become much more attractive the league would have to become much stronger economically. I don't see how they are going to become that outside of billionaires buying various Ligue 1 clubs. Given the ridiculous taxation levels in France and the fact that most billionaires are moving abroad this prospect looks unlikely.

Ligue 1 will remain a strong league that relies on homegrown and African talents/players but below the 4 traditionally big European leagues.
After all you can't buy history.

If FCB, RM, Man Utd, Bayern München, Chelsea, Juventus etc. are going to make a offer that PSG cannot refuse then Marquinhos and Verratti will be gone.

We will see. As somebody who follows PSG closely, I disagree on your points.

Especially on this last one. PSG already refused fortunes for Verratti and marquinhos. And according to the board, will continue to do so, especially since PSG is getting new sponsors, and that despite their -100M in the budget due to FFP, they are among the top 5 clubs in the Deloitte ranking and will probably be top 3 next year.

Al Thani already said it, they won't do what Monaco did. They alreayd criticized them on that. If you start selling because you get big offers, you become a Porto, not a big club.

But people can continue dreaming (yeah MU fans I'm looking at you). Each summer will repeat itself till the Qataries leave PSG, which won't happen - if ever - before 2025 based on their use of promotion on PSG from their forecasts.

As for me, as long as they stay at PSG or go to Barca, I'm totally ok with it.

Last edited:

Rapha

I'm French, and the Ligue 1 is attractive for the money, but the level is very bad, technically there is never, you have just OM (thanks Bielsa the genious), Lyon who plays very good, but the rest, oh my god...

Bertus

I'm French, and the Ligue 1 is attractive for the money, but the level is very bad, technically there is never, you have just OM (thanks Bielsa the genious), Lyon who plays very good, but the rest, oh my god...
I'd say the ligue is too much based on defense. Which leads to unimpressive games.

But the level of the players is not that bad, same for the youth centers. If it was that bad, you would not see so many foreign clubs recruiting from the ligue 1.

Last edited:

Rapha

I see the Ligue 1 in stadium sometimes (i'm Girondins fan also) and the game level is horrible at to see, a horror... There is a bad mentality in French football. There is many problems in the formation and cells of recruitment...

Leo_Messi

We will see. As somebody who follows PSG closely, I disagree on your points.

Especially on this last one. PSG already refused fortunes for Verratti and marquinhos. And according to the board, will continue to do so, especially since PSG is getting new sponsors, and that despite their -100M in the budget due to FFP, they are among the top 5 clubs in the Deloitte ranking and will probably be top 3 next year.

Al Thani already said it, they won't do what Monaco did. They alreayd criticized them on that. If you start selling because you get big offers, you become a Porto, not a big club.

But people can continue dreaming (yeah MU fans I'm looking at you). Each summer will repeat itself till the Qataries leave PSG, which won't happen - if ever - before 2025 based on their use of promotion on PSG from their forecasts.

As for me, as long as they stay at PSG or go to Barca, I'm totally ok with it.

Let's just agree to disagree then. I am convinced that both Marquinhos and Verratti want to prove themselves in a much better league and at bigger clubs. If the right offer emerges from a top club and they want to move then they will eventually move. No club can keep players against their will. Besides it's not like PSG is going to sell them for peanuts. For the money that they will receive for potential transfers like that they can buy another Marquinhos, Verratti etc. or buy some older but more established players.

Bertus

Let's just agree to disagree then. I am convinced that both Marquinhos and Verratti want to prove themselves in a much better league and at bigger clubs. If the right offer emerges from a top club and they want to move then they will eventually move. No club can keep players against their will. Besides it's not like PSG is going to sell them for peanuts. For the money they receive they can buy another Marquinhos, Verratti etc. or buy some older but more established players.
Dude, they brushed of Barca twice in a row.

And even marquinhos tried to push for a transfer according to the most two big trusted medias sources in France about PSG.

And each times, PSG won and managed to keep their players. From the moment you compared PSG to Monaco, you were already wrong.

I don't say you will always be wrong, but for now, PSG is not Malaga, not Monaco, nor Porto.

That's the same debate I had here the last two summers. Laugh at me when I'll be wrong, but for now, I was always right on the spot when relating how PSG does things.

Your view on PSG is wrong. You just think it's a mass of money with nothing behind. I totally understand that you might possibly be part of the ones that dislike PSG because they are a new rich club. But if you think the big clubs can have it easy with PSG you're wrong.

Also, Flo is trying to buy Verratti for now two summers in a row, and each time Nasser managed to deal with Flo personally. (their last discussions about verratti was last year when Flo came to paris when they both attended RG)

Bertus

I see the Ligue 1 in stadium sometimes (i'm Girondins fan also) and the game level is horrible at to see, a horror... There is a bad mentality in French football. There is many problems in the formation and cells of recruitment...
It's not because Bordeaux has a hard time that all games are bad.

And Bordeaux had a fantastic start btw. It's after the first 3 months that they started doing that bad.

Rapha

It's not because Bordeaux has a hard time that all games are bad.

And Bordeaux had a fantastic start btw. It's after the first 3 months that they started doing that bad.

In Ligue 1, only 2 teams plays good (Marseille and Lyon). Bordeaux, we have lucky to have a great coach (Sagnol) but i don't have a great team.

Bertus

In Ligue 1, only 2 teams plays good (Marseille and Lyon). Bordeaux, we have lucky to have a great coach (Sagnol) but i don't have a great team.
That's not true.

If I look at their budgets, Lens for examples, or montpellier are doing very good and don't produce an horrible football.

Not less than obscure clubs from La Liga despite what people are thinking.

The Ligue 1 is still a great places to find new good players, as seen each year since many are bought.

The common problem is that most clubs can't retain their new talents for more than 1-2 years. Which is related to french laws and what's permitted and forbidden.

If you read the study from l'Equipe last week you can see why. The taxes are way too high compared to other leagues. Same for our tax police (Le Fisc) which doesn't allow club to be run like in spain, England or Italy.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans