Marquinhos

Butaan4barca

I wouldn't say two times the player, but saying at this point in time he's better than Laporte and Varane isn't overhyping him, it's the truth. IMO of course.

He cleans up a lot of messes and clears a lot of balls in the back. Luiz's positioning is just dreadful and his discipline hasn't improved much as he's grown older. Luiz has workrate and desire but there is a lot lacking as a footballer. Thiago Silva isn't in the best form at the moment either. There is no reason of than price tags for them starting over Marquinhos regularly, especially considering Luiz.

he is much better than laporte, but not varane. But on his side, he is a year younger too. So if we get him, i would be very happy, as no doubt he has a big potential. But i doubt PSG will let him go.

DrPepper

Half right though. Marquinhos is not starting for PSG because one of his two competitors is by far the best CB in the world and their captain. Basically the glue that sticks them together. The other might indeed start because of his pricetag and reputation though. Was pretty meh in both matches against Chelsea IMO.

Truthist

Half right though. Marquinhos is not starting for PSG because one of his two competitors is by far the best CB in the world and their captain. Basically the glue that sticks them together. The other might indeed start because of his pricetag and reputation though. Was pretty meh in both matches against Chelsea IMO.

That 'by far the best defender in the world' can't even get into the Brazilian side and actually got turned by Judas Costa rather easily when he scored the other day.

Lutece FC

T.Silva is the best in the world. No doubt. Give me the name of the defender who has not got turned by D.Costa in this action ?

Marquinhos is good, but not at all at this level. Maybe in 4 or 5 years.

The combo Luiz/T.Silva is better than T.Silva/Marquinhos. I don't know why but it's the fact.

BarçaBarça

That 'by far the best defender in the world' can't even get into the Brazilian side and actually got turned by Judas Costa rather easily when he scored the other day.

You can't use national team selection against him in this case - Dunga wouldn't pick him no matter how he plays right now.

He most certainly is one of the best defenders in the world, but 'by far the best' I'm not so sure, depends on your criteria: he isn't a vocal leader of the backline, but skill-wise he is up there. But I wouldn't say huge margin down to Boateng, Pique, Bonucci and the likes.

BrazilFan

Even the best CBs in the past have been turned by attackers. I don't know how that's a knock against him. IMO, the top 3 CBs in the game are Godin, Silva and Boateng in no particular order.

Butaan4barca

even if he got turned by cost he was right there close to him, and silva's foot was blocking costa's shot. Nothing more a defender can do, he couldn't have block all angles of the shot.

Home of Barca Fans