Marquinhos

XaviMessiGirl

I dont think we are interested in marquinhos. I think tito prefers silva, luiz, rooney and possibly agger. they all fit the requirements of star status from the highly exposed english league.

And like I said, that's a stupid stupid way to conduct ourselves in the market. We should base who we buy off potential & ability, not on shirt sales, marketing, "big names". Silva has earned his status of course but guys like Rooney? How could he be Barca quality?

Then there are players like Doria who would not cost much at all, but wait another year or two & his price will inflate when the demand for him rises & he turns into a bigger name. It's already happened with Marquinhos.

JamDav1982

And like I said, that's a stupid stupid way to conduct ourselves in the market. We should base who we buy off potential & ability, not on shirt sales, marketing, "big names". Silva has earned his status of course but guys like Rooney? How could he be Barca quality?

Then there are players like Doria who would not cost much at all, but wait another year or two & his price will inflate when the demand for him rises & he turns into a bigger name. It's already happened with Marquinhos.

This idea that Barcelona are looking for defenders on the basis of shirt sales is just another made up theory with no basis.

Did you claim last year that Barcelona should have been after Marquinhos? It is all easy to say these players were going to be stars looking back.

XaviMessiGirl

Did you claim last year that Barcelona should have been after Marquinhos? It is all easy to say these players were going to be stars looking back.

No, but I'm saying Marquinhos' inflation is exactly what is going to happen to Doria who has also shown immense potential. I know Marquinhos better, so I'm more comfortable in saying he would be a great signing here, but we should consider looking at other young alternatives as well.

L

Learo

This idea that Barcelona are looking for defenders on the basis of shirt sales is just another made up theory with no basis.

isnt this what we have a scouting network for? why do tito, who obviously dont have time to follow all leagues, simply insist on a couple of star names every football fan know about?

L

Learo

i dont think it has anything to do with shirt sales or marketing, as defenders are generally not marketable. I do think star names have a very powerful attraction to both Tito, the management and barca papers. as the english league is the most marketed by far, we will generally look there for reinforcements, not in less marketed leagues like Germany, France or Portugal.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think Tito just wants someone with experience, someone who can have an impact on the team immediately. TS and Luiz both fit the bill in that sense.

Again, for my money, I'd go for Luiz as he is a mix of what's appealing in both TS and Marcos, and I actually think he will complement Piqué better than people realize.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
A mix of the best in TS and Marcos? That's really pushing it. The guy had one good game against Spain in the final and now suddenly he's worth 35m? Please. He's reckless going forward, has tons of lapses in focus, if we call Pique complacent and inconsistent then wtf is Luiz?

XaviMessiGirl

http://www.football-italia.net/36260/roma-wiretap-row

"In the conversation, the directors also let slip that Barcelona target Marquinhos would be sold immediately if the offer reached €25m plus commission for his agents."

:VdB:

I had read that in Gazzetta earlier today & was laughing so hard I forgot to post it here. Roma are such a trainwreck right now. The fans shit all over Pallotta, Sabatini & Fenucci at pre-season training earlier in the day & then this comes out the evening after :lol:

If that phone conversation is genuine though then that must mean the rumor of our 32m rejected bid is false.

L

Learo

:VdB:

I had read that in Gazzetta earlier today & was laughing so hard I forgot to post it here. Roma are such a trainwreck right now. The fans shit all over Pallotta, Sabatini & Fenucci at pre-season training earlier in the day & then this comes out the evening after :lol:

If that phone conversation is genuine though then that must mean the rumor of our 32m rejected bid is false.

Or that we havent shown any interest in him and wont show any interest in him. Tito prefers players close to 30 who already play at big and rich clubs.

Mr Hulot

Marquinhos is also better than what we have now and would be an immediate improvement. And he's also a better fit than Luiz.

I thought you haven't seen Marquinhos play and you based your opinion in what other forum members said. Now you sound quite confident in Marquinhos' abilities.

This has nothing to you with you, but it is funny to see how easily forum members are hyped up by players that they didn't even know. I am talking about Ter Stegen, Marquinhos and by far my favourite who is the Brazilian wall Doria. Probably only beautifulgame has seen Doria play a full game.
Samper is another classic case of irrational hype. Th guy hasn't even played for Barca B and he is already a better talent than Thiago. Deulofeu? Better than Pedro and Alexis of course. It is something about young players+the word potential, that makes forum members go crazy..

Rant over, sorry! :p

ceefoo

Is Marquinhos worth the hype?

I think Tito just wants someone with experience, someone who can have an impact on the team immediately. TS and Luiz both fit.
You're right. Tito would rather pick the Experience (Adriano) over Potential (Bartra). Tito is a limited coach and does not know how to improve a player, so he would always go for the "tried and trusted" option, even if it means playing them out of position.

I read that they said in the phone they want to sell De Rossi
He plays CB. Make it happen mgmt! :trampoline:

...it is funny to see how easily forum members are hyped up by players that they didn't even know. I am talking about Ter Stegen, Marquinhos and by far my favourite who is the Brazilian wall Doria. Probably only beautifulgame has seen Doria play a full game.
Samper is another classic case of irrational hype.
I have never seen Marquinhos play, so I too am only going by what other members who have seen play are saying about him.

Is he really worth the hype?

If he is, then I would prefer that we invest in a young defender who could potential be at Camp Nou for years to come, even if it means paying a little bit extra.

I have seen T. Silva play, and would love to have him at the club, but only at the right price. He does turn 29 this year, so there won't be any re-sale value, but considering what a vital position he would be filling, I suppose it is worth waiving.

Home of Barca Fans