Marquinhos

Irish_Cules

I'm willing to bet that most people here have watched at the very most 2 or 3 games of Marquinhos, if even that. I admit that that's all Ive seen of him and while I think he is promising I can't be certain at all if he would be a success or not. The amount of enthusiasm here for him here is ridiculous considering it is mostly based on youtube clips and media hype.

Tomchin

I'm willing to bet that most people here have watched at the very most 2 or 3 games of Marquinhos, if even that. I admit that that's all Ive seen of him and while I think he is promising I can't be certain at all if he would be a success or not. The amount of enthusiasm here for him here is ridiculous considering it is mostly based on youtube clips and media hype.
Mostly the second I guess :) Same thing can be said about Ter Stegen I guess.

Stric

x1000000000

I don't doubt he's a talented kid, but it's really amazing how hyped he became over here in the last month or two. Before the CB quest started really rolling, people were saying he's "promising", but since the transfer window opened, all of a sudden he's no worse than Thiago Silva and we're talking about 35+ price tags. :worthy:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
That and the Oliver Torres hype on this forum is what gives me my daily laugh. So ridiculous.

x1000000000

I don't doubt he's a talented kid, but it's really amazing how hyped he became over here in the last month or two. Before the CB quest started really rolling, people were saying he's "promising", but since the transfer window opened, all of a sudden he's no worse than Thiago Silva and we're talking about 35+ price tags. :worthy:

He's obviously not anywhere near as good as TS, but I can't think of a single CB we can get who'd be a better option (besides TS). Especially when it comes to CBs we've been linked with. Even if he does cost us 35m (which he won't if these 25m rumors are true). Then again, maybe that says as much (or more) about the number/ability of the available CBs (there aren't that many quality experienced CBs available, as I recall someone here saying before) as it does about Marquinhos' ability...

Last edited:

Shegzy

x1000000000

25m+ is his price and we will save 17m and this can be used to sign a goalkeper or spent on two versatile young cb one that can cover as a rb and the other lb.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
This is why people are saying he's comparable to Thiago Silva.

e9x2.jpg

Irish_Cules

He's obviously not anywhere near as good as TS, but I can't think of a single CB we can get who'd be a better option (besides TS). Especially when it comes to CBs we've been linked with. Even if he does cost us 35m (which he won't if these 25m rumors are true). Then again, maybe that says as much (or more) about the number/ability of the available CBs (there aren't that many quality experienced CBs available, as I recall someone here saying before) as it does about Marquinhos' ability...

In all honesty, how many matches of Marquinhos have you watched?

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

This is why people are saying he's comparable to Thiago Silva.

e9x2.jpg

I have already said that I don't believe in football stats, but stats for defenders in particular are even worse. Please tell us how these stats indicate how many times an attacker dribbled passed any of the two or how their terrible positioning caused their teams to concede a goal or how they didn't jump high enough in a corner etc...

L

Learo

Etienne Capoue from Toulouse is far superior to Marquinhos and can play on multiple positions to boot. He is 24 years old, so a good age. We were interested in him in the past, but I havent heard anything lately.

Tomchin

Etienne Capoue from Toulouse is far superior to Marquinhos and can play on multiple positions to boot. He is 24 years old, so a good age. We were interested in him in the past, but I havent heard anything lately.
Haven't heard anything about Capoue for ages. I still remember that we were interested in him for DM years ago as a replacement for Toure (or maybe it was even before we signed Toure), but don't know how he's evolved afterwards. From your post, I suppose he doesn't play DM anymore, but he's been switched to CB? Seems like a perfect target for Tito...

Mr Hulot

I think Pep liked Marseilles' N'Koulou as well. Is he any good?

Home of Barca Fans