Marquinhos

Bertus

Ps: I'm a doctor
If you say so, then good!

Anyway, more news on this "fake story" seemingly entirely build by LeParisien.

Marquinhos tweeted some things and even publichsed a link to an article from GloboEsporte

http://m.globoesporte.globo.com/fut...00.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Marquinhos explica infecção viral e ausência em atividades do PSGZagueiro diz estar 100%, afirma que voltará aos treinos na próxima semana e desmente imprensa francesa, que cogitou um quadro de hepatite no atleta

24/07/2013 11h33 - Atualizado em 24/07/2013 11h40

Marquinhos PSG (Foto: Reprodução / Site Oficial)

O zagueiro Marquinhos, contratado na semana passada pelo Paris Saint-Germain por € 35 milhões (cerca de R$ 103 milhões), ficou fora da última semana de treinos da equipe comandada por Laurent Blanc por conta de uma infecção viral. O próprio jogador confirmou a informação por telefone na manhã desta quarta-feira após ver a imprensa francesa cogitar que ele estaria com hepatite.

- Foi um vírus. Os médicos me disseram que qualquer pessoa normal pode contrair esse vírus. Chegamos a pensar que o problema era estomacal, já que eu não estava conseguindo me alimentar direito e perdi um pouco de peso. Mas não é hepatite - explicou o jogador ao GLOBOESPORTE.COM.

Marquinhos fez questão de falar da bateria de exames que realizou nos últimos dias. De acordo com o defensor, os médicos já o liberaram para retornar aos treinos na próxima semana.

- Fui ao hospital a realizei uma bateria de exames. Quando cheguei ao PSG, o vírus já estava em processo final. Os médicos disseram que estou 100% e poderei retornar às atividades. Volto a trabalhar na segunda-feira com os atletas que retornam da Copa das Confederações.

O jogador ficou preocupado com a repercussão da informação divulgada pelos periódicos franceses, já que a doença poderia até mesmo atrapalhar a sua chegada ao PSG. Marquinhos afirmou que realizará uma nova bateria de exames no fim da semana.

- Não tenho nada. Na próxima sexta-feira, farei uma nova série de exames para confirmar que o problema já está curado - disse o jogador.

Anyway, to make it short from all the infos i gathered so far tonight:

- This hepatitis story is fake.
- The french doctors who checked him up found NOTHING like that.
- lately, he got a virus that prevent him from eating much, but nothing serious. Anyone can get it. He probably got one from food. I guess he has something like diarrhoea. He'll be totally fine soon enough.
- He seems quite annoyed by what LeParisien said, and I understand him since it's very unprofessional to publish fake news like that.
- He'll be back with the group in training starting next monday when others will come back from sweden.

------------------

Some People from medias think that LeParisien totally misunderstood the infos they got. Somebody in Brazil who's close to marquinhos got hepatitis, so not him.

There are quite a ruckus in french forums because it's not the first time french journalists like LeParisien publish fake news. It happened last year. Actually, PSG is plagued by medias who keep building fake stories here and there.

-------------------

TL;DR

Marquinhos is fine and will try to rock on next season.

Last edited:

Bertus

Interview of Marquinhos by a french journalist. Here's my translation.

"PSG, The Rising Team"

214ae868f15911e2999b22000a9f17f6_7.jpg

Marquinhos, the new parisian CB that was courted by Barcelona has prefered the ambitious project of PSG (YEAH SURE it's totally not because they offered him more money :lol: )

It's probably not the biggest name among the parisian team but Marquinhos (19 years old) is seen as one of the most promising CBs in the world. His collaboration with Silva, his ideal, makes people drool. While waiting to join his new parisian teammates on monday, the ex As Roma player, transfered last week for 32m euros (+ bonus of 3m euros, 5 ears contract), is recovering after having caught a virus which made him lose some weight.

Can you clarify that virus talk?

- I caught a virus when i came back in Europe (early july). My stomach was aching, and i had mouth infections. I was not able to eat much so i lost some weight. We did a check up with the medical staff of PSG, and we concluded it was just a simple virus that was in terminal phase. Nothing serious, especially not an hepatitis like some newspapers reported. The doctors asked me to rest a bit because my immune defence system decreased. Tomorrow (today), i go back to the hospital for a new check up. I will come back for training with my teammates on monday. I can't wait to play.

Despite Barcelona's pressure, why did you choose PSG?

- For its very mabitious project (SURE, totally not because of the money :messi: ). PSG is the rising team. There are many world class players. I made this choice with my family, and my agent. You know, this team is a mini-Seleçao. There are many Brazilians. They will help me to adapt. I already met with Alex and Lucas.

You will too meet with Thiago Silva, your ideal, who was full of praise about you...

- Is that so? What did he say? (we're telling him) That's very nice coming from him. I wish I mahe him the honor, and I really hope we will form a great CB pair.

Do you think the fact that the current coach, laurent Blanc, is a former world class defender can help you progress?

- Undoubtedly. He has the sight of a defender before having the one of a coach. I think we will learn things together with him, and we will not let goals being scored. That will be my job.

Despite your good season with AS Roma, its defence let many goals pass...

That's true, but the team was really playing offensive. That didn't stop me from doing my job. It's true i prefer to win 1-0 than 4-3 but, at the end of the day, what's important is to win, right?

Are you able to play midfielder?

- Yes i do. To help out for a match is no problem. But my place is CB.

What will be your objectives this season?

- To establish myself in this team. I am here to win trophies, and if if everything goes right, I hope to enter the Seleçao. It's my most wanted dream. To participate to the World Cup in my home country.

Last edited:

Bertus

No news about his new medical check up, so I guess everything's alright.

And he seems to enjoy the city so far.

b4464840f6fb11e2b8f522000a1fbce9_7.jpg

CatalinR10

Barca had the chance to get him for 3 or 4 M if I remember corectly before he went to Roma but Barca thought he wouldn't become good.

Bertus

Nice discussion, but Blanc is apparently not in a hurry to include him in the team.

He might again not be part of the group for the next league match.

Blanc... :horse:

Bertus

Well, i'm still doubtful that Marquinhos is great or just Lucky.

So far he did one mistake. It was two weeks ago in CL and did cost us a goal.

But then:

- He didn't do anymore mistake during the match
- He managed to score. First time in his Professional career.
- He's now a starter and scored again in French League the winning goal against Toulouse.
- He was strong and didn't do any mistake this time. (Camara did some thought, and like silva, marquinhos cna't be everywhere :\ )
- Man he's so fast i felt bad for Toulouse's strikers.
- His placements are very good on corner and FK

Hope it's not just a fluke.

He'll be a starter tomorrow against Benfica.

His two goals so far:

[video=vimeo;75676525]http://vimeo.com/75676525[/video]

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cannot believe that we lost out on him :facepalm:

Should have tied him up long before PSG joined the race, but Zubi and Rosell were stuck on Thiago Silva....

Home of Barca Fans