Marquinhos

Bertus

Cannot believe that we lost out on him :facepalm:

Should have tied him up long before PSG joined the race, but Zubi and Rosell were stuck on Thiago Silva....

Marquinhos gave an interview to the biggest TV channel last week end.

He said that Barcelona was interested and talked with his club and his agents but NEVER did any bid on him. Actually, he shared that only PSG made an offer.

He was very sincere and said that he can't know what he would have chosen if Barcelona did bid too on him.

He said sincerely that he wasn't that sure moving to PSG was good, and he shared a secret:

- TS, Maxell, and Lucas talked to him on the phone, and only THEN he chose to move to PSG. It was after the discussion with the clubs btw, so not like what Barcelona tried with TS. The club was OK to let PSG talks to him to their heart content

He added that TS has a surprisingly great view on PSG and Paris. So Rumor about a forced TS to stay in Paris seems false once again. TS seems in love with the city and how the club treats him.

So yeah, maybe Barcelona could have grabed up him... but Scrooge Zubi didn't feel like paying for him.

And so far you can't say if it was a good or bad choice.

We'll see at the end of the season but so far he's impressive and could be tagged with TS for the rest of the season when TS is back.

Last edited:

Trickykid

It must be easy calling those in charge of finances of other clubs for scrooges, when you're a fan of P$G, huh?

Bertus

It must be easy calling those in charge of finances of other clubs for scrooges, when you're a fan of P$G, huh?

I said that as a joke and despite me being firstly a huge PSG fan, I'm too a barca supporter that is very unhappy to see Messi injured and actually very happy to see Barcelona ahead of 5 points against RM that I dislike.

I'm unhappy Barcelona didn't sign any CB despite me repeating how TS was a NO-NO choice because Nasser would not let him go.

But since you apparently didn't read what i posted at all on this forum this summer, I understand that you don't know.

But if anybody wnats to pretend I trash Barcelona on purpose, you can too i don't care.

Last edited:

Trickykid

One need not be the fan of an oil rich club to realize that Rosell is the next coming of Scrooge

For both good and bad, as I see it. We've made some terrific deals with him at the helm, but obviously also missed out on some who were deemed too expensive.

Trickykid

I said that as a joke and despite me being firstly a huge PSG fan, I'm too a barca supporter that is very unhappy to see Messi injured and actually very happy to see Barcelona ahead of 5 points against RM that I dislike.

Said what as a joke again? I don't believe I ever reacted to you gloating at someone because of Messi's injury.

But since you apparently didn't read what i posted at all on this forum this summer...

Yeah, you're probably right about that, though...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
For both good and bad, as I see it. We've made some terrific deals with him at the helm, but obviously also missed out on some who were deemed too expensive.
sure... when we don't spend at all, we are always 'dodging' the expensive deals! When we are at that, why don't we stop playing football for all? That way we would never be losing 7-0 ever again!!
And btw, expensive signings don't always turn out to be failures... The board is just covering up the impotence of their scouting team by claiming that people just want to exploit us

Trickykid

sure... when we don't spend at all, we are always 'dodging' the expensive deals! When we are at that, why don't we stop playing football for all? That way we would never be losing 7-0 ever again!!
And btw, expensive signings don't always turn out to be failures... The board is just covering up the impotence of their scouting team by claiming that people just want to exploit us

Not spending at all under Rosell? Are you high?
I'm not defending Rosell by any means, but it's a fact that we've made some fantastic deals with him - deals that few others could've done.
And again, I'm as mad as everyone else here about our lack of defensive signings the past few years, but when looking at our dealings with our current board, it's not SOLELY doom and gloom.

Indignado

he has a great future. Too bad he prefered money over glory :S

He said Barça never made a bid for him, which is understandable given the fact that PSG offered 35 millions and I don't think Roma would have let him go for less than 30 after that bid.

Bertus

he has a great future. Too bad he prefered money over glory :S

He never had to choose since Barcelona never made a bid.

That's why he said that he has no clue over what he would have chosen between psg and Barcelona because only PSG made an offer.

Not his fault if Barcelona didn't want to deal with AS Roma for a bid over 30M.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
What would you do if you get a better salary at another company? You would leave in an instant. Sure if he came to Barcelona he "may" have won more trophies but its a personal choice. It's his life he can do whatever he wants. If he wants money more than glory its his choice. Who are we to slate him. Football fans can be so petty at times

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What would you do if you get a better salary at another company? You would leave in an instant. Sure if he came to Barcelona he "may" have won more trophies but its a personal choice. It's his life he can do whatever he wants. If he wants money more than glory its his choice. Who are we to slate him. Football fans can be so petty at times

We never bid for him then how did he choose money ahead of glory?

Home of Barca Fans