Marquinhos

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If he wanted to go to Barca he could have refused PSG. We never bid because our board must have known he was going after the highest bidder.
Why would he refuse the first big offer his way keeping his hopes on an imaginary bid!? The board would have known he was going after the highest bidder only if they made a bid, which they did not :shrug:

:lol: @ people judging him that he chose money over glory
when multimillionaire superstars have families to feed and feel the need to choose an oil rich club over us, wouldn't a 19 year old kid dream the same thing!?

Last edited:

Bertus

Why would he refuse the first big offer his way keeping his hopes on an imaginary bid!? The board would have known he was going after the highest bidder only if they made a bid, which they did not :shrug:

:lol: @ people judging him that he chose money over glory
when multimillionaire superstars have families to feed and feel the need to choose an oil rich club over us, wouldn't a 19 year old kid dream the same thing!?

I watched the interview and he sounded really sincere when he said he has no clue about what he would have chosen if Barca made a bid.

My bet is that he would have chosen Barcelona.

But some people on this forum have hard time to understand that before dealing with marquinhos, Barcelona and PSG had to deal with As Roma.

Barcelona didn't want to pay +30M for marquinhos, that's all. Maybe they were right, maybe wrong. But if marquinhos confirms what he's currently doing, 30M would have been a good deal. let's see at the end of the season.

People can't accuse marquinhos to not have chosen Barcelona when he never had the choice at hands.

Now, maybe Rosell will try to make him clash with paris next winter or summer? :lol:

I laugh because good luck now that Nasser and TS got their hands on him.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Definitely feels like Marquinhos is one that 'got away'...Think blame has to go to Zubi et al for not choosing their target more wisely and doing their homework like they have on most of their offensive targets

Bertus

Definitely feels like Marquinhos is one that 'got away'...Think blame has to go to Zubi et al for not choosing their target more wisely and doing their homework like they have on most of their offensive targets

It's worse than getting away. Barcelona totally misread the situation:

- They went after TS that had little to no chance to leave PSG.
- They let go marquinhos.
- The one reason that marquinhos joined Paris is TS. TS had him on the phone and convinced him to join PSG.

It backfired completely. Now TS is not coming to Barcelona, and worse, TS secured that Marquinhos will probably not leave paris anytime soon as long as TS stays too.

Meitux

Barcelona didn't want to pay +30M for marquinhos, that's all. Maybe they were right, maybe wrong. But if marquinhos confirms what he's currently doing, 30M would have been a good deal. let's see at the end of the season.

People can't accuse marquinhos to not have chosen Barcelona when he never had the choice at hands.
Oh right, and who realistically thinking would pay 30 millions for a 19 yeard that had only one good season in Europe? And i answer you, noone besides your club, City or Monaco, because having so many money you spend them carelessly and actually they accepted so easily because you know why? It's much more than Marquinhos is worth of, and what's what destroying the market right now, clubs like PSG which will pay for not what the player is worth of but a much more amount to satisfy the opposite club which are thinking that PSG pays as much as you want without caring, and because as i said it's more than the player is worth of, they accept easily. And now all clubs will only give a player for an amount that only a club like PSG wants to pay for.

Bertus

Oh right, and who realistically thinking would pay 30 millions for a 19 yeard that had only one good season in Europe? And i answer you, noone besides your club, City or Monaco, because having so many money you spend them carelessly and actually they accepted so easily because you know why? It's much more than Marquinhos is worth of, and what's what destroying the market right now, clubs like PSG which will pay for not what the player is worth of but a much more amount to satisfy the opposite club which are thinking that PSG pays as much as you want without caring...

FFS, stop trying to say that only oïl clubs pay too much for players.

Do i have to remind you that Madrid paid 100M for a player that worths half of it at best?

It's worse than buying Marquinhos.

As for Barcelona, they needed a CB. They had the money. They didn't want to pay As Roma. End of story.

It's not the oil clubs fault at all.

And beside it, oil clubs have all the right to spend their money the way they want. There's no rules about it. It's not like Barcelona or Madrid should have a free pass ebcause of their fame. And Barcelona still gets players that would join it despite other clubs offers (neymar). I don't see the problem at all.

My problem is that Barcelona needed a CB and didn't buy any. They are clueless if they think it's ok.

Last edited:

Meitux

FFS, stop trying to say that only oïl clubs pay too much for players.

Do i have to remind you that Madrid paid 100M for a player that worths half of it at best?

It's worse than buying Marquinhos.

As for Barcelona, they needed a CB. They had the money. They didn't want to pay As Roma. End of story.

It's not the oil clubs fault at all.

And beside it, oïl clubs have all the right to spend their money the way they want. There's no rules about it.
I don't care, but you are saying that they didn't want to pay in a moment as i said you pay 30 million for a 19 yeard old, Chelsea wanted a striker and Cavani was always on their sight a top option but they never cared of paying 60 million than your club did. It's not an equal situation with our Club's desperation of buying a CB but most of the clubs doesn't have your mentality. I know we were able to pay but thinking realistically and only assuming it was and is a risk buy. You have more money and you don't care about if Marquinhos fails or not, but im telling you, PSG didn't pay because 30 million is the price Marquinhos is worthy of but because Roma asked seeing that PSG will pay without caring for how much the player is worth, and right now if probably a young player has a good season and clubs get interested and if so for example PSG they will care to get the most out of it like Levy tried to get out of Bale, you really think that if there wasn't around any other clubs that are able to give even more money for Bale he wouldn't give him, that's why it took so much time, waiting for a offer from another club to increase the price. I mean you can do whatever you want but your mentality is pay every amount the opposite clubs wants witout any real concern, and without the thought of paying the amount that the player is worth of, you brought this on yourself and Madrid did to and so oil clubs. You paid once? this will continue for a long time and they will want more and more.

Bertus

I don't care, but you are saying that they didn't want to pay in a moment as i said you pay 30 million for a 19 yeard old, Chelsea wanted a striker and Cavani was always on their sight a top option but they never cared of paying 60 million than your club did. It's not an equal situation with our Club's desperation of buying a CB but most of the clubs doesn't have your mentality. I know we were able to pay but thinking realistically and only assuming it was and is a risk buy. You have more money and you don't care about if Marquinhos fails or not, but im telling you, PSG didn't pay because 30 million is the price Marquinhos is worthy of but because Roma asked seeing that PSG will pay without caring for how much the player is worth, and right now if probably a young player has a good season and clubs get interested and if so for example PSG they will care to get the most out of it like Levy tried to get out of Bale, you really think that if there wasn't around any other clubs that are able to give even more money for Bale he wouldn't give him, that's why it took so much time, waiting for a offer from another club to increase the price. I mean you can do whatever you want but your mentality is pay every amount the opposite clubs wants witout any real concern, and without the thought of paying the amount that the player is worth of, you brought this on yourself and Madrid did to and so oil clubs. You paid once? this will continue for a long time and they will want more and more.

PSG doesn't care because they have the money. True. Still not a crime and people should deal with it instead of raging around about it.

But instead of yelling at it, I too care about Barcelona and continue to believe they should have taken the risk on marquinhos or any other CB. I want Barcelona to win the Liga but believe they got a big hole in their defence even if so far everything is apparently running smooth.

And what we're talking about is OT anyways. My reply was towards the ones that accuse marquinhos to have "rejected" Barcelona while he did not at all.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's worse than getting away. Barcelona totally misread the situation:

- They went after TS that had little to no chance to leave PSG.
- They let go marquinhos.
- The one reason that marquinhos joined Paris is TS. TS had him on the phone and convinced him to join PSG.

It backfired completely. Now TS is not coming to Barcelona, and worse, TS secured that Marquinhos will probably not leave paris anytime soon as long as TS stays too.

The TS ordeal was an embarrassment that carried over from last summer to this one...Makes me think Rosell, Zubi et al are morons or they never had any intention of signing a high profile CB - just to give appearances...The priority this summer even apart from Neymar, should've been a world class CB...If not a Marquinhos that would've cost them the money they earmarked for TS, then they've had several years to scout a youth prospect instead of routinely opting for offensive players, i.e. Suarez, Nieto and Neymar...The single biggest weakness in La Masia is central defenders and yet not addressed in the transfer window...It's incomprehensible

Bertus

Marquinhos has still not decided which national team he will play for. He shared something about it with SportTV

"I have the dual nationality, Brazilian and Portuguese. It's something that has to be analyzed with my agent, and family. If I am summoned to play with Portugal then why not? I'd feel very honored and happy."

It has to be noted that Marquinhos already played with the youth brazilian national teams and won the south american U17 championship.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No kidding, would be a kick in the teeth to play for Portugal but would be strange to see Scolari send another Brasilian packing to a different NT

Home of Barca Fans