Marquinhos

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Marcos has a lot of talent and is fundamentally sound in terms of defensive skills (positioning, anticipation, smooth and well timed tackles, etc.) but if defending were only about skills then guys like Kompany and Luiz would be playing for the Fulham's and the West Ham's of the world. Defenders need to have some sort of physical presence.

He's 183cm which is no taller than Bartra (in fact I somewhat doubt he is that tall) and he isn't particularly dominant in the air. We need a presence that makes our set piece defense into a wall and wins aerial duels with authority. His frame is very weak looking as well right now. It won't be reassuring going into the CL with what looks like a defensive-Neymar. Guys like Ibra, Ronaldo, Costa, etc. have the ability to bully him if they wish to.

The thing that he has to his advantage is the reference point of Thiago Silva. Silva himself is no taller than Marquinhos but has a huge leap and is built. No attacker can bully him physically but his true edge comes from his defensive skills/intelligence. Marcos needs to duplicate that and pack on muscle ASAP, perhaps he can train with Adama? :pep:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Marquinhos' agent is waiting for PSG to reply to Barcelona's "20M + Alves" bid for the Brazilian centre back. Barcelona confident [md sport]

Bertus

Marquinhos' agent is waiting for PSG to reply to Barcelona's "20M + Alves" bid for the Brazilian centre back. Barcelona confident [md sport]
Spanish medias say that while Dominique Séverac from Le_Parisien Announced last night that Marquinhos will not leave PSG.

Hint: Spanish and French medias don't have a f****g clue.

zanela

Spanish medias say that while Dominique Séverac from Le_Parisien Announced last night that Marquinhos will not leave PSG.

Hint: Spanish and French medias don't have a f****g clue.

I hope your boss do us another favour, and keep hold of Marcos. What we need is an elite defender who can make an instant impact, not young prospects. For that, we 've the cantera. And CB/RB hybrid already exists in Bartra. I just wish the club showed more faith in him.

Bertus

I hope your boss do us another favour, and keep hold of Marcos. What we need is an elite defender who can make an instant impact, not young prospects. For that, we 've the cantera. And CB/RB hybrid already exists in Bartra. I just wish the club showed more faith in him.
As i explained many times, Marquinhos is not a CB/RB hybrid. From the words of the dude himself, he's a cb only.

From his own words again, he can help anywhere on the field 2-3 times when the team is in need, but no, he's not a midfield regular nor a RB, he's a CB.

Still funny to read on foreign twitter than this season he played mostly RB when in reality he played only once as RB out of 29 matches.

zanela

As i explained many times, Marquinhos is not a CB/RB hybrid. From the words of the dude himself, he's a cb only.

From his own words again, he can help anywhere on the field 2-3 times when the team is in need, but no, he's not a midfield regular nor a RB, he's a CB.

Still funny to read on foreign twitter than this season he played mostly RB when in reality he played only once as RB out of 29 matches.

It could be the Board's line of thinking in their pursuit for Marcos. Personally, the player doesn't interest me. I'd rather we spend the funds elsewhere.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I think we will end up with 1 CB and that is Mathieu.
Although I am still positive that :zubi: can bring 2 CBs in. And If he doesn't manage to do that then I am sure, we won't win any trophies next season.

L

linetty

Gallo (coach BRA U21): "Marquinhos is a complete defender. Barça would make a good decision, he's one of the big Brazilian talents." [md]

Home of Barca Fans