Marquinhos

Bertus

Gallo (coach BRA U21): "Marquinhos is a complete defender. Barça would make a good decision, he's one of the big Brazilian talents." [md]

If he's so good, then PSG should not allow him to go.

I don't know if such comments serves barcelona because:

- The more people praise him, the more Nasser will want to keep him
- The more people praise him, the more Nasser will raise the fee to let him go in case Marcos force his way out. If he's that good and complete, why not raising the fee.

If Barcelona really wants him, they should just ask the spanish medias to shut up and stop gathering here and there interviews that dont serve the transfer they seek.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We better get this guy done. If we miss out on him now that I reckon we're not pursuing Benatia, then Zubi or whoever responsible should be sacked right away because there is a limit of ineptness.... unless they can get some other good CB signed ofc.

Bertus

We better get this guy done. If we miss out on him now that I reckon we're not pursuing Benatia, then Zubi or whoever responsible should be sacked right away because there is a limit of ineptness.... unless they can get some other good CB signed ofc.

If i was in your shoes, the limit would have been crossed since last summer when they chased during a whole summer a player they had little chance to get with absolutely no plan B.

Given that, i'm skeptical they have a plan B if they don't get marquinhos.

Beside my own opinion (i believe he will leave), everything points to a 50/50 possibility.

- Marquinhos never said he wanted to leave.
- He wants to talk with Nasser first.
- Therefore it opens the possibility that either he wants to ask for a transfer
- Or that he wants to ask for insurances about what his season at PSG will be if he stays.
- AFAIK PSG dropped to recruit a midfielder. We're not chasing Podga anymore for example.
- Blanc said that what he likes about DL is that he can play in midfield too.
- Blanc said he absolutely needs 3 CBs this season to cover all the competitions.

To me (beside my personal opinion base don guts feelings and nothing else), it's all in Nasser's hands and what he will reply to Marquinhos.

Therefore, i Hope Zubi has a plan B this time, just in case.

Last edited:
Marquinhos + Benatia and we're done for the next couple of seasons.
Looks good on paper, but not on the field since you end up with 1 XI spot for 2 players. So either you have Marcos as your 3rd choice CB (which is a big part of the reason why he's leaving PSG, btw) and stunt his development; or you spend 40m on Benatia and have him sit on the bench.

CatalinR10

Looks good on paper, but not on the field since you end up with 1 XI spot for 2 players. So either you have Marcos as your 3rd choice CB (which is a big part of the reason why he's leaving PSG, btw) and stunt his development; or you spend 40m on Benatia and have him sit on the bench.

marquinhos as a rb

Bertus

Dunno if it worths noting, but since Leonardo still serves as mercato advisor to Nasser and might be back at PSG soon to take back his PSG Team/Sport Director seat:

- Leonardo today shared his opinion about a possible transfer of Marquinhos from PSG to Barcelona

"When PSG signed Marquinhos, the name of David Luiz was already flying around. We had discussions [with Nasser, supposedly, i guess]. In the end, Marquinhos did come and i believe he's an important player for PSG. To me, along Varane, he's the CB that has the most chances to become a world class player."

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Crap, seems we are running out of options. I still pray and hope we'll get Marquinhos and Benatia. If not Benatia then at least Marcos.

I still pray and hope we'll get Marquinhos and Benatia. If not Benatia then at least Marcos.

Agreed. Though I'd rather get Laporte than try negotiating with PSG for Marquinhos. Laporte or Marquinhos would definitely not be ideal, especially at the prices we'd get them for, but they'd be better than certain other options (i.e. Miranda or Mathieu).

ebieymjunior

If we're only getting him because he's young and can play at RB and it turns out PSG is playing hard to get again, I'd prefer we go all out on Benatia (40-45M) and a cheap 4th choice CB and use Bartra as second choice RB.

RB: Montoya, Bartra, Adriano
CB: Benatia, Pique, Bartra, 4th CB
LB: Alba, Adriano, Montoya

It's also good for next year
RB: Montoya, Godswill, Bartra,
CB: Benatia, Pique, Bartra,
LB: Alba, Grimaldo, Montoya

Home of Barca Fans