Marquinhos

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why is it that we always underrate our own players and consider players at other clubs to be legends reincarnated? Bartra is at least on level with Marquinhos. He was very good whenever he got the chance to play this season. Bartra was voted the best centerback in la segunda two years ago, and I bet you that if he played at any club other than our own, the forum members here would be clamoring for the club to sign him. But what can I say, only the big name 40m Euro valued players can be good enough for us. :facepalm:

SwiftGuyver

why does there need to be a 'who is better' debate?

if we sign Marquinhos it just means we have 2 young, potentially world class CBs...

Hummels & Benatia seem to be completely unrealistic options for us now so even though i'd still prefer us to sign Laporte, i'd be pretty happy with Piqué, Bartra, Marquinhos & Mathieu/Fazio as our CB options next season...

Egert

Estonian Culé

if we sign Marquinhos it just means we have 2 young, potentially world class CBs...

Hummels & Benatia seem to be completely unrealistic options for us now so even though i'd still prefer us to sign Laporte, i'd be pretty happy with Piqué, Bartra, Marquinhos & Mathieu/Fazio as our CB options next season...

+1...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

I agree with this completely.

pEllee

Bartra in La liga this season:

Appearances: 17(3)
Total tackles: 59
Total interceptions: 57
Total fouls: 18
Total clearances: 71
Total dribbled by other players: 15
Total shots blocked: 12
Rating: 7,39

Marquinhos in Ligue 1 this season

Appearances: 17(4)
Total tackles: 28
Total interceptions: 38
Total fouls: 12
Total clearances: 73
Total dribbled by other players: 5
Total shots blocked: 10
Rating: 7.02

Bartra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marquinhos

I know, right? But Barca should definitely sign Chico Flores instead. Just wow, take a look at this!

Tackles: 78
Interceptions: 94
clearances: 205
fouls: 39
Blocked shots: 14

Clearly, Chico >>>>>>>> Thiago Silva

We are dealing with evidence here!!

Xavinho

if we sign Marquinhos it just means we have 2 young, potentially world class CBs..

Well that's great for us, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's great for Marquinhos now does it?

If the speculation about him wanting out of PSG because he's worried about getting enough minutes is true, then, if I were in his shoes, I might like my chances against a possibly injury prone 30-year-old and an erratic 27-year-old more than against Pique and Bartra.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well that's great for us, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's great for Marquinhos now does it?

If the speculation about him wanting out of PSG because he's worried about getting enough minutes is true, then, if I were in his shoes, I might like my chances against a possibly injury prone 30-year-old and an erratic 27-year-old more than against Pique and Bartra.

61316-Walrus-interesting-gif-Oe8i.gif

You do have a point.

For all those clamoring for Bartra to be our next XI CB, consider this: Pique was 2 years younger than him when he made it there. Say what you want about Pep placing more faith in youngsters or other coaches not giving him enough chances, the fact of the matter is: they see Bartra in training almost every day, and it's no secret that our defense was and continues to be our greatest liability. So if he couldn't establish himself against a makeshift CB, under 2 different coaches; then he probably never will.

ebieymjunior

For all those clamoring for Bartra to be our next XI CB, consider this: Pique was 2 years younger than him when he made it there. Say what you want about Pep placing more faith in youngsters or other coaches not giving him enough chances, the fact of the matter is: they see Bartra in training almost every day, and it's no secret that our defense was and continues to be our greatest liability. So if he couldn't establish himself against a makeshift CB, under 2 different coaches; then he probably never will.

20140604_538fa6b7bd85b.jpg

Egert

Estonian Culé

But,but Zubi said he will be world class in 2017 :pep:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Bartra and Mascherano has probably the best avg tackling and interceptions stats, but that is because other players do less defensive work and our CBs has to clean up all the mess if we re-introduce high pressing these numbers should go down, but our overall defense will improve.

Home of Barca Fans