Marquinhos

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There'll be plenty of space for Bartra guys, don't worry. Mascherano is back in midfield and we're down to 2 cbs.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I'll still hope he comes. I don't believe that Zubi will buy Fazio or Musacchio and he will give PSG everything they want.

Paganinisrvnge

Just spend the money on Benatia or Hummels. Marquinhos hasn't proven himself much more than Bartra. He had one good season in a league that's not in the top four leagues anymore and then half a good season in an even worse league in a club that steamrolled the league and also has the best cb in the world partnering him. Usually we overrate our own players but lately we've gone to the opposite extreme. If Marquinhis is worth 35 million then Bartra is worth 25-30.

I really don't get this Marquinhos obsession. Sure, he'd be one for the future, but he wouldn't be the instant upgrade we so badly need. I know the options for a seasoned top CB are getting more and more limited, but if we can splash 35M odd for a talent like him, surely we can afford to throw another 10-15M into a true world beater?

True. I'd rather pay, say, 50m for Benatia than 35 for Marquinhos. Still, 35m for Marquinhos is better than some of our other options (like paying Mathieu's release clause). With our board, I'd be fine with Marquinhos, coz they could definitely do worse...

Bertus

So many conficting reports. At this point it's spanish medias VERSUS French medias lol

Here's my translation of the big news from the newspaper Le_Parisien

Marquinhos Stays in Paris

Next season, the defender Marquinhos will still be at PSG. Bought last summer for 31.4M euros from AS Roma, the native from Sao Paulo is announced to Barcelona with insistance. The Catalan medias assure that Barcelona offered 25M euros + Dani Alvès.

PSG board is strictly refuting it and confirm that Marquinhos will stay in Paris. If that rumor got bigger over time, it's because of the FFP sanctions. After Alex's departure to AC Milan, Laurent Blanc refuses to let another CB leave.

[Le_Parisien]

Bertus

Since i talked quite some times about what happened against St Etienne, here's a GIF of one of the two big mistakes Marcos did during that match.

It's since that match that Laurent Blanc trust in Marquinhos took a nosedive.

iAwGxnwnDFJ4S.gif

That said, Blanc should know better that a 19yo dude would do some mistakes at this age. Even TS did some mistakes last season.

Last edited:

cro-man

I would rather buy nobody than to buy someone from psg. Alves plus 20 m haha what a joke for a young defender who maybe is not even good enough for us. They want so screw us only because they are stupid enough to pay 50 mil for luiz but we are not. Who says that he is better than bartra??? Who knows??? Buy a defender who is proven if not than let it be...

Kohe321

I would not buy Marquinhos from PSG. For one he's way overpriced, and secondly I just don't want us to deal with PSG at all. They're just trolling us so we should stop scratching at their door and retain some dignity.

I'd rather just buy a much cheaper and lesser known CB from somewhere, a young prospect for instance. Every big name CB has more or less been ruled out now, so we need to look elsewhere. There are other talented young CBs in the world than Marquinhos and Laporte.

Barcilliant

I would not buy Marquinhos from PSG. For one he's way overpriced, and secondly I just don't want us to deal with PSG at all. They're just trolling us so we should stop scratching at their door and retain some dignity.

I'd rather just buy a much cheaper and lesser known CB from somewhere, a young prospect for instance. Every big name CB has more or less been ruled out now, so we need to look elsewhere. There are other talented young CBs in the world than Marquinhos and Laporte.

Ditto. Batra is better then Marqunihos and Fazio, Mussachio could do the job too.

HOWEVER, it begs the question as to why we don't lodge a big bid for Hummels, Benatia. 40 million would be a decent bid. If they want more-throw in a player.

Howes

I second this.

I might even wait till January to sign someone, non of the defenders been linked impress me, and the prices are astronomical

Kohe321

Of course we need to sign at least one CB. Just not Marquinhos.

Now that Mascherano stays as a DM and can provide cover, I really think we only need one. That secures Bartra playingtime so he can continue to develop as well.

Egert

Estonian Culé
No rumors about Fazio so I think we will sign that old guy from Valencia. If not him then Bruno Alves.

Home of Barca Fans