Marquinhos

Egert

Estonian Culé
I am sure we will sign Marquinhos, but I am wrong often.... Mark my words from the first part of the sentence.

DinhoR10

For all those clamoring for Bartra to be our next XI CB, consider this: Pique was 2 years younger than him when he made it there. Say what you want about Pep placing more faith in youngsters or other coaches not giving him enough chances, the fact of the matter is: they see Bartra in training almost every day, and it's no secret that our defense was and continues to be our greatest liability. So if he couldn't establish himself against a makeshift CB, under 2 different coaches; then he probably never will.

Thiago freaking Alcantara couldn't get time under Tito, how do you expect Bartra to get time when CB is the hardest position to break into after GK?

Fact of the matter is Bartra doesn't need to prove anything anymore, he's already good enough to start for us. All this talk about these other CBs like if the difference between them and Bartra is so insurmountable, Varane? Completely owned by Neymar, Marquinhos? Hasn't played against meaningful opposition EVER, (Serie A? Please, come back when Bale is running towards him), Benetia? Same as Marcos.

Bartra will be a starting CB for Barcelona be that this season or the season after. We don't need to buy an INFERIOR player just because PSG bought him for 40 million or because he's Brazilian.

L

linetty

PSG centre back Marquinhos favourites a tweet claiming his transfer to Barcelona is close

BpmFmI7IUAAjQqP.jpg:large

Trickykid

I really don't get this Marquinhos obsession. Sure, he'd be one for the future, but he wouldn't be the instant upgrade we so badly need. I know the options for a seasoned top CB are getting more and more limited, but if we can splash 35M odd for a talent like him, surely we can afford to throw another 10-15M into a true world beater?

Tomchin

@GFN_France: Le Parisien: PSG will reject Barcelona's offer for Marquinhos. They do not want to sell the player. Leaves Dani Alves deal in jeopardy. #PSG

Home of Barca Fans