Marquinhos

If this deal isn't happening, we should just move on. Throw a 40-45m bid at Benatia. If we really want a youngster, pay Laporte's buyout clause.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If this deal isn't happening, we should just move on. Throw a 40-45m bid at Benatia. If we really want a youngster, pay Laporte's buyout clause.

Marquinhos could turn out alright, or he could be the next Caceres. Splashing around 40M on him and expecting him to jump straight in into our starting 11 is ridiculous, absurd, naive and stupid. Thinking of playing him as RB after he had maybe 2-3 games there is even more ridiculous, absurd, naive and stupid. Marquinhos is imho worth max 20M and either PSG wants to keep him - than ok, we move on - or he wants to sell, than we pay 20M or move on. Simple as that, he's not the next coming of Maldini this guy...

I won't be too pissed with us paying, say, 35m for Marquinhos, we'll have to overpay either way and knowing our board, we could do worse. I just hope we don't chase him all summer and end up with no one, like what happened with TS this summer. If the deal isn't happening, it isn't happening, move on.

ebieymjunior

I won't be too pissed with us paying, say, 35m for Marquinhos, we'll have to overpay either way and knowing our board, we could do worse. I just hope we don't chase him all summer and end up with no one, like what happened with TS this summer. If the deal isn't happening, it isn't happening, move on.

Rather we get Benatia for 45 to be honest, and that's even a good price considering the alternatives.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

But seriously, have you seen him play like 4-5 games for PSG? He's alright, nothing more - and unproven against better teams since PSG steamrolls almost every team in France, he's not really tested. Why did PSG buy Lulz if Marquinhos is supposed to be all that? Yes, some managers/sports directors (or oil sheik's wannabe fotboll experts) make mistakes - we bought back Pique from United and he turned out to be one of the best CB's (some might not agree with me). But imo not Marquinhos - Nasser is just screwing with us, he likes being centre of attention calling the shots against mighty Barca.

Bertus

Why is he angry? Just because other clubs show interest in some PSG players? More proof that Nasser is a total weirdo.

From now on he should simply boycott all the other big clubs and only deal with those clubs that have not pointed out how blatantly PSG is violating the FFP. Yeah, Qatari clubs for example.

Nasser is not used to be challenged. He has a God complex.

What I was thinking! The picture Bertus is painting (even if it is unintentional from his side) is that Nasser not only controls PSG, but almost all transfers in Europe. Now that Roland Garros is over maybe we can ask him politely if we can buy players again, even if it's not from PSG.

Wtf :lol:

I just reported what journalists said on the radio.

But my personal opinion is that I actually prefer a president that is ready to fight to keep the few young talents we have rather than all the previous presidents PSG had that kept kissing other clubs asses (especilaly big clubs) like a sore loser.

And keep in mind that :

- What journalists report could be false
- Nasser could play the angry dude just for show because he knows it pleases lots of fans.

All in all, i can understand why you guys can hate him. But on my side, i won't lie, I like how he's the kind to say GTFO to even the biggest football clubs around :lol:

Anyways, peace guys.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nasser is that cunt who is only ya presi since he spends his time kissing Al-Thani's ass 24/7. One bad step and he is gone. Gone forever.

ebieymjunior

But my personal opinion is that I actually prefer a president that is ready to fight to keep the few young talents we have rather than all the previous presidents PSG had that kept kissing other clubs asses (especilaly big clubs) like a sore loser.

And keep in mind that :

- Nasser could play the angry dude just for show because he knows it pleases lots of fans.

All in all, i can understand why you guys can hate him. But on my side, i won't lie, I like how he's the kind to say GTFO to even the biggest football clubs around :lol:

Anyways, peace guys.

Don't mind that also to be honest, but just don't want Barca to negotiate with him to buy a player.

Bertus

Marquinhos could turn out alright, or he could be the next Caceres. Splashing around 40M on him and expecting him to jump straight in into our starting 11 is ridiculous, absurd, naive and stupid. Thinking of playing him as RB after he had maybe 2-3 games there is even more ridiculous, absurd, naive and stupid. Marquinhos is imho worth max 20M and either PSG wants to keep him - than ok, we move on - or he wants to sell, than we pay 20M or move on. Simple as that, he's not the next coming of Maldini this guy...

I have no clue what Marcos real value is, but good luck finding a promising CB at 20M or less right now.

Remember that everyone and their dogs know Barcelona really, really, really needs a CB.

Whatever kind of CB you will seek, you will have to overpay, because you're not in a position to get one for cheap. No one will be kind to Barcelona. It's not how business is run. And even if it's hard to realize, Football is a sport but also, a big, very big business with sharks everywhere.

Bertus

Nasser is that cunt who is only ya presi since he spends his time kissing Al-Thani's ass 24/7. One bad step and he is gone. Gone forever.
Actually, he also worked his ass off to get that high. There was a bio of him posted around on dailymotion.

But that's not the problem here. But well, even if i can understand how people can dislike him, don't go overboard please.

So far, he didn't do anything terrible or illegal that would warrant over the head hate.

Because if you hate him that much for, what i think is pratically nothing or not much, then I can't picture the hate you should have towards Rosell who actually did illegal things as president of Barcelona.

So please guys, it's ok to dislike, but there are way worse presidents or "ex" presidents around, isn't it.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No need to hate him. Should hate the fools running our club who keeps running after your players every summer even though you never want to sell or if you do, make us play a big price.

ebieymjunior

I have no clue what Marcos real value is, but good luck finding a promising CB at 20M or less right now.

Remember that everyone and their dogs know Barcelona really, really, really needs a CB.

Whatever kind of CB you will seek, you will have to overpay, because you're not in a position to get one for cheap. No one will be kind to Barcelona. It's not how business is run. And even if it's hard to realize, Football is a sport but also, a big, very big business with sharks everywhere.

Everyone knows we have to overpay, but even Alves + 25 for a 20 year old is a bit exaggerated, don't you think?
Promising? Ié! 20 years old and plays for Barca B. Seriously don't know why we want Marquinhos so badly in the first place.
There are also a pair of CB juwels in the Juvenil A team that will most likely be promoted to Barca B this season.
They play for the Spanish U18/U19 and together are one of the best young CB pairings already, so we don't need to buy Marquinhos.

We can get Benatia (for over 40M) and Mathieu/Miranda (over 10M) and call it a day for defense. And let Bartra and then also Ié grow into very solid defenders.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

And keep in mind that :

Anyways, peace guys.

I don't hate him, just dislike him. People with to much money seem to treat other people like objects and possessions, Nasser and Qatar Investment strikes me like a bunch of people who do exactly that.

Bertus

No need to hate him. Should hate the fools running our club who keeps running after your players every summer even though you never want to sell or if you do, make us play a big price.
You know my position:

- Marcos wants to go to barcelona.
- PSG can't give gigantic new contracts like they did last summer with TS or Zlatan
- Therefore there's an opening.

I really think Nasser can sell marquinhos if he gets a very good offer.

Also, he can't accept an average (from PSG pov) offer because Laurent Blanc is against letting Marcos leave.

But if tomorrow barcelona or city offer 45M for Marcos, i don't see Nasser refusing it.

So there we go about what price tag Marcos should have:

- PSG is not in a rush to get money, especially since the sol reason they wanted more money was Hazard, and Chelsea won this battle (at least for this summer)
- Blanc is against a transfer, so to please him, Nasser has to get a very good offer.
- As said above, everyone knows that there's an emergency at Barcelona to find a CB (actually, to find 2 CBs imo)

What people can now suggest knowing all that is to switch to another target, but tell me which one would actually be really cheaper ?

- Laporte? I don't see why they would sell him under his release clause, so barcelona will have to pay 42M. So not that cheaper.
- Benatia? One the highest rated CB last season that everyone is talking about in a club that is not in a rush for money. It won't surprise me if it takes over 50M to get him from Roma.

And all other CBs that could be a target, do you really think that they will go easy on barcelona? I don't believe it. Barca's board fucked up to a point that they can't even move silently about their search for a CB.

Any clubs that have a potential target is just waiting for Barcelona, ready to make them overpay because they know barca's situation.

Home of Barca Fans