Marquinhos

Bertus

Everyone knows we have to overpay, but even Alves + 25 for a 20 year old is a bit exaggerated, don't you think?
Promising? Ié! 20 years old and plays for Barca B. Seriously don't know why we want Marquinhos so badly in the first place.
There are also a pair of CB juwels in the Juvenil A team that will most likely be promoted to Barca B this season.
They play for the Spanish U18/U19 and together are one of the best young CB pairings already, so we don't need to buy Marquinhos.

We can get Benatia (for over 40M) and Mathieu/Miranda (over 10M) and call it a day for defense. And let Bartra and then also Ié grow into very solid defenders.
TBH I don't know. What i know is that beside a few mistakes, Marcos did good last season. For a 19yo player in a big club where there was an horrific pressure, especially in CL, he did very good in my honest opinion.

I don't hate him, just dislike him. People with to much money seem to treat other people like objects and possessions, Nasser and Qatar Investment strikes me like a bunch of people who do exactly that.
Will it shock you if I say that's how i felt when PSG was poor?

Everytime we had a promising or very good player, we lost him because clubs, especially big clubs teated us like poor shitty club that they know couldn't fight against rich clubs. Just promise a big salary and boom, the player could cause so much of a ruckus that it was impossible to keep one even if we wanted.

Anelka, Leonardo, weah etc etc. So many.

I don't know if it's your case, but for those who started with barcelona, I don't know if those people who started liking football starting by being a fan of a gigantic club could understand how it is felt from the other side.

What you feel now is nothing compared to what psg fans felt during so many years (we had a kind of good period when under Canal+ but even then, impossible to fight against clubs like Milan, or even Arsenal. if they wanted one of our players, they could get him, just because they could decide it, because they were rich. Just like a rich brat who decided he wanted an object)

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

TBH I don't know. What i know is that beside a few mistakes, Marcos did good last season. For a 19yo player in a big club where there was an horrific pressure, especially in CL, he did very good in my honest opinion.

It's true that he had immense pressure and dealt well with it, but I just don't want us to get him, to be honest.

Will it shock you if I say that's how i felt when PSG was poor?

Everytime we had a promising player, we lost him because clubs, especially big clubs teated us like poor shitty club that they know couldn't fight against rich clubs. Just promise a big salary and boom, the player could cause so much of a ruckus that it was impossible to keep one even if we wanted.

Anelka, Leonardo, etc etc. So many.

I don't know if people who started liking football starting by being a fan of a gigantic club could understand how it is felt from the other side.

What you feel now is nothing compared to what psg fans felt during so many years (we had a kind of good period when under Canal+ but even then, impossible to fight against clubs like Milan, or even Arsenal)

Another reason not to get him.
Not to pour salt on the wound, but I remember when Barcelona was nothing and when Ronaldinho came and we started winning things and then came 2006 :D

Bertus

From today newspaper Le_Parisien, Nasser shared news with them about the Verratti and Marquinhos cases:

"RM and Barcelona can do any amount of offers for those two, they will be refused. They are important to the project at PSG, therefore they are not for sale" [Le_Parisien]

Come on Bertus, you are intentionally missing the point. Nasser is a grown man, not a little girl throwing temper tandrums. It s perfectly OK that he doesn't want to sell your players, but he should be calm about other clubs showing interest, this is part of the business. Should Chelsea's owner be angry because you guys want Hazard? Why getting so hostile about it? Is it such an offense that other clubs show interest in PSG players?

GTFO? Haha, if that is how he is going to behave, then Nasser might as well GTFO of this football business.

Grow up, Nasser!

Nasser is not perfect, but still better than a little gangster like Rosell that might end up in prison.

So far, PSG is doing good. You can hate him as much as you want, that won't change that fact.

Last edited:

Howes

As I said, this deal is dead. Barcelona should move on to another defensive target and then not sign him :)

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona director Sanllehi will in coming days meet with PSG president in Sao Paulo, Brazil, to further discuss deal on Marquinhos. [sport]

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Barcelona director Sanllehi will in coming days meet with PSG president in Sao Paulo, Brazil, to further discuss deal on Marquinhos. [sport]

It is over with Marquinhos, unless he will hand in transfer request and don't show up for training, but I don't see that happening.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Depends who to believe, sport or md.
Barcelona director Sanllehi will today attend Brazil-Croatia and meet Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic, who will join Barcelona. [md]

Maybe Sanllehi will do both? Anyway, I think that the Marquinhos deal is gone for us, he isn't joining us and PSG wants at least 100M for him.

Bertus

Bertus, is it correct that Nasser will be in Sao Paulo in the coming days, or have Sport invented that?
Nasser said he will be in Brazil because he attends the first match of the world cup. Boss Al Thani is there too for the same reason.

Sport saw that news (Nasser and Al Thani didn't hide it at all) and made up again a story imho.

You should not trust Sport at all, they released so much crap i don't know why you do that to yourself.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Nasser said he will be in Brazil because he attends the first match of the world cup. Boss Al Thani is there too for the same reason.

Sport saw that news (Nasser and Al Thani didn't hide it at all) and made up again a story imho.

You should not trust Sport at all, they released so much crap i don't know why you do that to yourself.

Everyone knows Sport is full of shit.

Tomchin

According to EMD (https://twitter.com/MDpor_elmundo), Barca had a secret meeting with Marquinhos' agent Bertolucci in Sao Paolo, to try to advance the negotations. But they didn't tell Nasser because they didn't want to make him angry. They're saying Leonardo will play a role in it too, because of his good relations with Bertolucci ... yeah right. Seems like Thiago Silva last summer all over again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So they didn't tell Nasser since they didnt want to upset him, but somehow someone still leaked it to the media. Im sure Nasser won't be angry now :lol:

You're right about this looking like another Thiago Silva saga all over again. Sigh.....

Bertus

According to EMD (https://twitter.com/MDpor_elmundo), Barca had a secret meeting with Marquinhos' agent Bertolucci in Sao Paolo, to try to advance the negotations. But they didn't tell Nasser because they didn't want to make him angry. They're saying Leonardo will play a role in it too, because of his good relations with Bertolucci ... yeah right. Seems like Thiago Silva last summer all over again.

Doens't make sense since Leonadro got interviewed in the newspaper LeMonde a few days ago in which he advised again to not sell marquinhos. :alveshat:

Home of Barca Fans