Martin Montoya

khaled_a_d

Montoya is under contract, so unless the club gets the money they want, they shouldn't let him go. But... who am I kidding, in before Montoya goes cheaper than Douglas fee.

Well,if he was playing or a part of the squad then you are right ,but when you have a player who don't play at all and isn't even coach plan you have zero leverage
clubs also try to keep good reputation among players and agents as no one would want to play in a club that keeps players against their wish while not playing them ,Montoya will be sold anyway but it won't be for load amount of money

We don't know what has happened behind the scenes. Your statement is ridiculous.

I would say to suppose there is even something behind the scene is the ridiculous thing to do ,nothing indicates that this isn't just Lucho decision .
hell the only media suggestion is that he didn't want him even b4 the season starts along with Deulofeu so if true it is just a Bielsa type of move as he decided not to play him

F

Flavia

Well they don't have to let him go Flavia. He signed a contract and is getting payed. There's no slavery here.

Things don't work like that... why keep a player against his will? It doesn't bode well to anyone. He's wasting his time here, he knows and wants to go. And surely will be let go.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hope he does really well in whichever team he goes to. I would love to see a shitstorm on this sale in the future.

BarcaOG

Banned
I have always liked Montoya. Really sad to see him in this position. He is a very suitable long-term replacement for Dani, and a true and proven team player. I wish him the best, and I will forever maintain that his exit will be Barcelona's loss.

viper76

I have always liked Montoya. Really sad to see him in this position. He is a very suitable long-term replacement for Dani, and a true and proven team player. I wish him the best, and I will forever maintain that his exit will be Barcelona's loss.

1+

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Things don't work like that... why keep a player against his will? It doesn't bode well to anyone. He's wasting his time here, he knows and wants to go. And surely will be let go.

Well obviously it is in the best interest of both sides to part amicably considering the circumstances, but as far as the team is concerned, the played is under contract and obligated by it. Hell, considering the likelihood it is Lucho himself who doesn't like the player and not the board, I wouldn't be surprised if they go for a loan instead of a sale, even despite the preferences of the player.

F

Flavia

Well obviously it is in the best interest of both sides to part amicably considering the circumstances, but as far as the team is concerned, the played is under contract and obligated by it. Hell, considering the likelihood it is Lucho himself who doesn't like the player and not the board, I wouldn't be surprised if they go for a loan instead of a sale, even despite the preferences of the player.

Then he puts in a transfer request. There's really no need to let it go that far. He wants to be sold because he clearly doesn't want to come back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What is there to negotiate? He's got a 20M buyout. Pay up or fuck off.

The manager clearly doesn't rate him or even want him close to Barca with the way he has acted by isolating him. No team will pay 20m. Player is desperate to leave. You negotiate a price.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Then he puts in a transfer request. There's really no need to let it go that far. He wants to be sold because he clearly doesn't want to come back.

I think he loses money if he puts in a transfer request. But like I said, the biggest interest here is Montoya's, because he wants to play. Mutual interest to resolve this amicably to avoid ugliness, but the team holds most of the cards here.

F

Flavia

I think he loses money if he puts in a transfer request. But like I said, the biggest interest here is Montoya's, because he wants to play. Mutual interest to resolve this amicably to avoid ugliness, but the team holds most of the cards here.

I don't agree with you. The coach has said time and again he is not counting on Montoya, and played douglas ahead of him twice already. The club has little leverage to use. Martin wants to go badly, and in definitive. His agent has used the press to put pressure, and as Lucho won't change his mind, there's only left to know where will he go, and for how much. Maybe a buy-back option, but I doubt he'll accept to leave on loan.

JamDav1982

When has Lucho ever said he doesnt count on him?

I know through his actions he doesnt seem to rate him but cant remember Lucho ever saying he is free to go or isnt needed.

Might have missed it but though he has said the opposite and he could still have a role to play of works hard.

Home of Barca Fans