Martin Montoya

Zangash

Banned
If there are PL clubs interested I wouldn't be too worried about getting payed enough. He's not CL bound either, which is a bonus.

By the way saw this quote on Barcastuff, and don't think it has been posted here:

Carrasco: "Club appreciate him, but the coach doesn't believe in him. It's a pure football issue, nothing personal."

This is just so hard to understand from Enrique. He's creating a massive hole at our RB position next summer. Are we going to re-sign Alves in 2015 then, or what is Lucho planning to compensate for this? Is he happy with the idea of having Adriano and Douglas as the go-to guys at RB? Or maybe he believes the transferban will be removed? If his plan is to have Adriano and Douglas cover RB, then God help us when Adriano picks up an injury...

Fixed that for you.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see us start to lean towards the formation against PSG more and more now as the season progresses.

Chong Li

The whole handling of Montoya is so incredibly amateurish by Barca. If Lucho didn't count on him from the start, why didn't they sell him in the summer and use this money to buy a decent RB (not a joke like Douglas). Now everybody knows Montoya wants out and we're gonna get measly peanuts from some cheap club like Juve.

Zubi is really the worst sporting director ever. Fuck him!

Cule4life

The Culest
Yes yes cant wait when Alves leaves next season, Adriano gets his long overdue injury, Bartra warms the bench and Lord Douglas fulfills his destiny of gracing the blaugrana with his presence. The stage is set. If i had a time machine i would go straight to 2015(16)

sabby

Yes yes cant wait when Alves leaves next season, Adriano gets his long overdue injury, Bartra warms the bench and Lord Douglas fulfills his destiny of gracing the blaugrana with his presence. The stage is set. If i had a time machine i would go straight to 2015(16)

I'd go to 2016 as well but for different reason - new board (hopefully) :D

BBZ8800

The whole handling of Montoya is so incredibly amateurish by Barca. If Lucho didn't count on him from the start, why didn't they sell him in the summer and use this money to buy a decent RB (not a joke like Douglas). Now everybody knows Montoya wants out and we're gonna get measly peanuts from some cheap club like Juve.

Zubi is really the worst sporting director ever. Fuck him!

How much do you think we would get for Montoya?
(He will be worth less now, true, but there was a chance that a new coach might need him.
Plus, either way we wouldn't get more than a few Millions for him)

Last edited:

Chong Li

How much do you think we would get for Montoya?
(He will be worth less now, true, but there was a chance that a new coach might need him.
Plus, either way we would get more than a few Millions for him)

I don't expect a lot. Other clubs know he's unwanted at Barca, plus we have a master negotiator in Zubi.

Maybe 2.5M.

BBZ8800

I don't expect a lot. Other clubs know he's unwanted at Barca, plus we have a master negotiator in Zubi.

Maybe 2.5M.

Ah ok then.
Transfermarkt says that he is worth 12M, but I don't think that we would get more than 5-8 Millions for a player who doesn't play too much, is unwanted and wants to leave. Plus, as always, teams know that we are desperate and we always get a weaker price.

But ok, I thought that you meant that we could earn a lot on him.

khaled_a_d

Ah ok then.
Transfermarkt says that he is worth 12M, but I don't think that we would get more than 5-8 Millions for a player who doesn't play too much, is unwanted and wants to leave. Plus, as always, teams know that we are desperate and we always get a weaker price.

But ok, I thought that you meant that we could earn a lot on him.

I am expecting 5M tbh ,will be disappointed if we accepted less
With that said I think Montoya as a player is worth 10M

Chong Li

I am expecting 5M tbh ,will be disappointed if we accepted less
With that said I think Montoya as a player is worth 10M

I'm sure Madrid would get 10M for a player like him, even if he's not starter material.

But unfortunately we have an imbecile as sporting director...:angry:

viper76

Luis Enrique: "Montoya? Statements of agents don't matter. He has a contract. I encourage him to keep on working, things can change."

Luis you are an asshole .

Home of Barca Fans