Martin Montoya

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Really??

At least montoya was at the back their trying to defend unlike alves who crosses,loses the ball and does not track back.You can replace that vine with a shitty alves cross.Montoya fucking up in defence will always be outnumbered with shitty alves crosses that are useless as hell.

2009-2013 Alves was the best attacking RB in the world, by a mile. Some people say he's not really defending good, imo he's more than OK. 2014 was a tough year for Alves, sure. I stood up for him until October, than I started to loose faith in him. His bad form coincided with half of our team; Iniesta was way below his usual, Busi got exposed time after time after time, Pique was sucking so hard I wanted him sold, Neymar dribbled without a plan and lost the ball all the time, Xavi had nobody to pass to because our team didn't freaking move, Raki was afraid of the ball and played it back to wake-waka (who sucked hard), Pedro is Pedro - he's been very average ever since Pep left running around flapping his arms, and so on and so on an so on. Messi's brilliance and Masche's heart saved us many points - overall two of our best players when our team was falling apart, they still kept it together.
And Alves? Alves forgot how to defend and he wasn't covered because Pique and Busi sucked. Was he crossing heluvolut? He sure did. Has he been playing alright the last 2 months? More than alright! Has he stopped crossing and started to defend well? Yes! Does he link up well with Messi who now plays on right wing? You betcha! Do you want Douglas to be our backup and Montoya who is actually worse at defending than Alves and sucks going forward (and that is what Barca do most of the time, we freaking attack) as our first choice? Do you really think Montoya has the potential to grow into a half decent RB for us? Stop hating on Alves and go and hate in the Suarez thread like I do :suarez1:

el chilenito

At least montoya was actually in the first position to defend, only reason you dont see alves shitty defending is cause hes not actually in the defense position in the first place lol , he would be walking back from the attacking third.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
At least montoya was actually in the first position to defend, only reason you dont see alves shitty defending is cause hes not actually in the defense position in the first place lol , he would be walking back from the attacking third.

Maybe it's better if the rest of our defenders and DM know that Alves is more of a right winger/midfielder and they know how to work with that - than having Montoya IN position but f****g up time after time with his defending. He's turned inside-out a couple of times every time he plays. We're supposed to attack, our defence is our attack. Can Montaya make himself useful in the final third? Not at all my friend, he looks like a deer in the headlights and the ball will explode any second so he HAS to just get rid of it as fast as possible in whichever direction FAST - yup, solid as a rock. Don'try to make Montoya happen, he won't happen. We're in a tight spot with the ban and all, so maybe he'll stay at least until next season. And honestly, I don't wish bad on him, I just don't see IF he could even be a decent backup for us. And the Montoya over Alves discussion is about the most ridiculous I've seen. If only Martin had put in a couple of good games at least to support your arguments, but he hasn't, none, zero. So far a catastrophe going forward and not that much better when defending - the "at least he was trying to, he was there and Alves wouldn't. yeah I could see that he was taken for a ride a couple of times and slipping and sliding and got caught on the wrong fot and couldn't really pass and when Messi wanted to play a 1-2 with him he didn't understand how somebody can be that quick and was mostly mesmerised and lost track of everything - but he was still in the spot".

el chilenito

Alves the past month or so has improved but you cannot say before that that he was playing ok, he was terible and most of the goals we conceded the past year or so was on alves side because he was caught up in the field, all teams knew that alves would get caught out of position and walk back not to mention his crosses would instantly kill our attack and gift poseesion to the opposition. Alves has inproved last month or so so he is the better choice at the moment but montoya is just doing his job nothing more nothing less.Im not saying that montoya is worldclass or something , thats further from the truth, Montoya will never reach the level of alves 2008- 2011 but thats not the point. The point is that despite the slip etc that little pressure he gave gives the barca team a couple of seconds more to regroup and get back to defending.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Honestly before 2015, Alves hadn't shown that he was better than Montoya, especially since the latter never played. Now, in his new false-midfielder role, Alves has been better because his decline in pace isn't exposed anymore. Technically Montoya isn't as good as Alves, but which rightback today is?

Again, there's a reason why Montoya was ahead of Carvajal for years in the Spanish youth systems. However, where Carvajal has been properly managed by Real Madrid, the idiots at the helm of our club have horribly mismanaged Montoya.

Neymessi

2009-2013 Alves was the best attacking RB in the world, by a mile. Some people say he's not really defending good, imo he's more than OK. 2014 was a tough year for Alves, sure. I stood up for him until October, than I started to loose faith in him. His bad form coincided with half of our team; Iniesta was way below his usual, Busi got exposed time after time after time, Pique was sucking so hard I wanted him sold, Neymar dribbled without a plan and lost the ball all the time, Xavi had nobody to pass to because our team didn't freaking move, Raki was afraid of the ball and played it back to wake-waka (who sucked hard), Pedro is Pedro - he's been very average ever since Pep left running around flapping his arms, and so on and so on an so on. Messi's brilliance and Masche's heart saved us many points - overall two of our best players when our team was falling apart, they still kept it together.
And Alves? Alves forgot how to defend and he wasn't covered because Pique and Busi sucked. Was he crossing heluvolut? He sure did. Has he been playing alright the last 2 months? More than alright! Has he stopped crossing and started to defend well? Yes! Does he link up well with Messi who now plays on right wing? You betcha! Do you want Douglas to be our backup and Montoya who is actually worse at defending than Alves and sucks going forward (and that is what Barca do most of the time, we freaking attack) as our first choice? Do you really think Montoya has the potential to grow into a half decent RB for us? Stop hating on Alves and go and hate in the Suarez thread like I do :suarez1:

Who is talking about the old alves?The new alves is doing better in 2015 but for how long?How long before he turns back like the old one.Amazing how people forget his recent months form just because of his recent weeks form.Montoya should be developed and he can surely be better than crossing alves till our transfer ban ends.

Ustari

Mou, res!
The thing I notice about Montoya is he tends to pass the ball that sometimes put trouble to his teammates, happened too many times in the last game

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Who is talking about the old alves?The new alves is doing better in 2015 but for how long?How long before he turns back like the old one.Amazing how people forget his recent months form just because of his recent weeks form.Montoya should be developed and he can surely be better than crossing alves till our transfer ban ends.

Amazing how people forget his form before his recent (bad) form. You and Zangash are hating in almost each and every thread, why are you even Barcelona fans?

G

Gasgas

Maybe it's better if the rest of our defenders and DM know that Alves is more of a right winger/midfielder and they know how to work with that - than having Montoya IN position but f****g up time after time with his defending. He's turned inside-out a couple of times every time he plays. We're supposed to attack, our defence is our attack. Can Montaya make himself useful in the final third? Not at all my friend, he looks like a deer in the headlights and the ball will explode any second so he HAS to just get rid of it as fast as possible in whichever direction FAST - yup, solid as a rock. Don'try to make Montoya happen, he won't happen. We're in a tight spot with the ban and all, so maybe he'll stay at least until next season. And honestly, I don't wish bad on him, I just don't see IF he could even be a decent backup for us. And the Montoya over Alves discussion is about the most ridiculous I've seen. If only Martin had put in a couple of good games at least to support your arguments, but he hasn't, none, zero. So far a catastrophe going forward and not that much better when defending - the "at least he was trying to, he was there and Alves wouldn't. yeah I could see that he was taken for a ride a couple of times and slipping and sliding and got caught on the wrong fot and couldn't really pass and when Messi wanted to play a 1-2 with him he didn't understand how somebody can be that quick and was mostly mesmerised and lost track of everything - but he was still in the spot".
:lol: :rofl1: i love the humor here!
Great post!

Home of Barca Fans