Ghosting

If Alves left, I'd like to see at least this attempted

---Bartra---Masch----Pique---
-------------------Busi---------
Pedro------Raktic------------Alba
------Messi-----------------------
--------------Suarez---------Neymar

kollegah

not barca starter material, we have to admit, i wish we could get rafihna from bayern, very fast, very offensive, not as tecnical as alves but imo quite similar in playing

Rudey

Sometimes after today's final whistle I just think that this wouldn't have happened should Luis have picked Martin over Daniel... I know I can't predict something that is now from the past but I just keep getting these thoughts.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Sometimes after today's final whistle I just think that this wouldn't have happened should Luis have picked Martin over Daniel... I know I can't predict something that is now from the past but I just keep getting these thoughts.

No I don't think so. Perhaps he might not have made the mistake (We will never know) but he offers nothing offensively.

khaled_a_d

No I don't think so. Perhaps he might not have made the mistake (We will never know) but he offers nothing offensively.

People have really had fair argument when it come to both players tbh .when one of them isn't playing well people will just keep talking about how we haven't been fair to the other and how the one playing sucks
For me Montoya is fairly solid back up RB ,I doubt he will ever be quality starter but he is what he is and I doubt we will be in a position to replace him soon as we already need starting RB and probably back up LB with Adriano age it will be tough to replace both Alves and Adriano and then Montoya all together .his offense is bad but he at least play it safe and don't waste the ball most of the time .his overall positioning and awareness is good and he isn't a bad defender by any means
Alves is aging declining player who was once one of the best RB we ever had .he is still offering us a lot but he is giving us many reasons to believe that won't continue .that is why I am all for letting him go specially with his wage and number of years he demands .
Overall this was Zubi's last error .putting us in such awful position to be in the RB situation specially in the long term

Zangash

Banned

And Alves's offensive contribution really carried us to come back and beat Malaga, didn't it?

I don't know why I feel like such a radical for preferring a defender who can defend but not attack over a defender who can (Sometimes) attack but not defend.. What's even worse is Alba, on the other side, is just as bad, although that's a conversation for another time.

JamDav1982

And Alves's offensive contribution really carried us to come back and beat Malaga, didn't it?

I don't know why I feel like such a radical for preferring a defender who can defend but not attack over a defender who can (Sometimes) attack but not defend.. What's even worse is Alba, on the other side, is just as bad, although that's a conversation for another time.

So for Alves to be playing well going forward he has to carry Barca to wins?

Alves is way ahead of Montoya for good reason he is much the better player.

Do you remember the Sociedad game? Montoya was abysmal defensively in that game so you are not guaranteed any great defensive performance from him.

Zangash

Banned
So for Alves to be playing well going forward he has to carry Barca to wins?

Alves is way ahead of Montoya for good reason he is much the better player.

Do you remember the Sociedad game? Montoya was abysmal defensively in that game so you are not guaranteed any great defensive performance from him.

So in your opinion Alves played well, aside from his mistake? I watched the game and I saw him playing abysmally in both attack and defense. For all his offensive contribution we still had 3 shots on target in 94 minutes of play.

I'm not denying Alves is the better player. I'm saying I'd rather not play someone who is poor defensively as a defender. I seriously don't care if it's Montoya, Bartra, or Mascherano playing RB, so long as it's not Alves.

Home of Barca Fans