Martin Montoya

Co0ter

Ahahaha other than being slow to sprint back the ONE TIME he was actually up the field...and when he got back he didnt even cover the open space he just ran back to his position. Tons of space on right side which he hasn't run into once and he just passes short to the side or back. Not even an average player....average players are usually good at least at something.

Not even close to Barca quality. Never was. Never will be.

F

Flavia

He was pretty bad, imo.
Not good defensively or offensively. Every time I see Montoya play, it's clear Alves is far from his prime, but still offers more. Might be because of lack of playing time, or because he just isn't good enough.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I think Montoya just doesn't have the confidence at all, the voice in the back of his head is telling him "OK, I'm up against very good opponents, I can't try anything, I'm just going to make simple passes, give the ball to Messi, keep things simple," and as a result he's not offering anything. He hasn't been bad, but certainly not good.

khaled_a_d

he offers absolute nothing offensively... messi is beacuse of that playing almost always on the left side

Not sure about the last part,it seems there is a lot of space in the left side rather than the right one and we are using it on the other hand all of their attacks are put on right side and it is on Montoya/Rakitic .think it is more tactical than being forced

Co0ter

I think Montoya just doesn't have the confidence at all, the voice in the back of his head is telling him "OK, I'm up against very good opponents, I can't try anything, I'm just going to make simple passes, give the ball to Messi, keep things simple," and as a result he's not offering anything. He hasn't been bad, but certainly not good.

The fact that he is that way is why he is a waste of space. No confidence to EVER attempt to make an impact, not even to make a decisive or infiltrating pass/run. As you said, he offers nothing. There simply isn't room in our squad for that...especially when they are our only option for a champions League match....and please don't mention Douglas.

Even our own players look at him when he's open or to the area where he SHOULD be making a run...then just look away....

Home of Barca Fans