Martin Montoya

mark1nhu

Come on guys, he just didn't compromise us.

Considering the cup stage and the opponent level, I thinks he was at least solid.

This is not a little thing.

Kohe321

He did well in my opinion, especially considering the nerves he must have had. I mean he hasn't been playing many matches this season, let alone big ones like this.

Look, this is like how it was with the Chicago Bulls team that won it all with Michael Jordan. You don't need every single member of the team to be world class, some can be support players that just do their job well. Montoya didn't do any mistakes I can remember. Yeah, he wasn't exactly as dangerous as Alves going forward, but he had some nice runs and moments that could easily turn into more. He kept it safe and functioned well as a part of the team. For someone who has barely played matches this season being thrown into a CL quarterfinal in a difficult away ground, Martin did well.

Great way to celebrate his 24'th birthday. Let's hope he gains confidence from this and keeps growing!

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Seeing Montoya put in a solid performance against PSG really puts Lucho's early season thought process into perspective when you remember that he benched Montoya for Douglas early on in the season.

J

Jamie Cal

Seeing Montoya put in a solid performance against PSG really puts Lucho's early season thought process into perspective when you remember that he benched Montoya for Douglas early on in the season.

Erm...once. For the Malaga game. And Dani should of played that anyway.

Stric

It could be a metaphorical slap, but it also could be that Lucho was always intending to sub in Douglas (because he's had so few minutes), and wanted Adriano to be there so he could just switch to the left side, without having to sub him out.

Richard.H

Wow, I'm sure he's extremely pissed to not play in this game. If he doesn't play in the copa then I definitely see him leaving this season.

Stric

Wow, I'm sure he's extremely pissed to not play in this game. If he doesn't play in the copa then I definitely see him leaving this season.

Enrique stated at the press conference that he was going to use this game to give minutes to players who have played very few or no minutes this season.

Home of Barca Fans