Martin Montoya

Cule Finn

I thought he was solid, especially considering this was his first UCL-game in ages and it was at a very tough away ground. But I agree he has to offer more offensively. At this point I really can't see a future for him at Barca, unless he wants to continue on the bench...

Jombi

I thought he was solid, especially considering this was his first UCL-game in ages and it was at a very tough away ground. But I agree he has to offer more offensively. At this point I really can't see a future for him at Barca, unless he wants to continue on the bench...

That last sentence was really unnecessary. I totally agree with your first sentence though!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So glad he did well. Should be a huge boost for his confidence. Goes to prove you don't have to have 11 all star players in your team.
I am not saying he should be a regular but he proved he can be counted on as a sub player.

Stric

We are screwed without Alves. Montoya's sheer presence sets the team back light years. We will never win anything with him on the pitch, let alone difficult away games in the CL final stages. Wait...

Zangash

Banned
He is a decent player. Solid. If you want an attacking full back we may as well try Pedro.

Pedro isn't even an attacking winger. One of the main things people who still think he's decent say is he's good at maintaining possession, which is really just back passing, in Pedro's case.

Our days of having a good attacking RB are over once Alves leaves unless Lucho gives Godswill or Palencia a chance next season during the transfer ban.

Pepe Silvia

Clearly out of his league in this match and our players needing to avoid passing to him was sort of a liability in itself but for most part did decent enough.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Clearly out of his league in this match and our players needing to avoid passing to him was sort of a liability in itself but for most part did decent enough.

Unfortunately you're right. He didn't have even 1 decent action going forward, way out of his league.

Home of Barca Fans