Martin Montoya

Jombi

The reason Douglas and Vermaelen got to play against Depor is because they had played close to zero minutes all season in total, unlike Montoya, so Lucho wanted everyone to be part of the championship.

Stric

The reason Douglas and Vermaelen got to play against Depor is because they had played close to zero minutes all season in total, unlike Montoya, so Lucho wanted everyone to be part of the championship.

Some people are trying really hard to ignore this. Hell, I'm usually among the first to defend Montoya and point out any injustice towards him, but this is not one of those cases. It was clear as day what the intention behind playing Douglas and Vermaelen was, and Lucho even said it in the press conference beforehand.

Galning

And how does any of that change how he'll feel if he's our consistent starter for six months? What, you think he'll say "Last season you didn't play me well and I want revenge! I'm leaving!" the moment the transfer window opens up?

I can ask you the same question, why would Lucho all of a sudden think Montoya is consistent starter material just because his other option is Douglas? When the transfer window opens after those 6 months Barça will be looking for a new right back.

We'll see how long Montoya stays at Barça.

Zangash

Banned
I can ask you the same question, why would Lucho all of a sudden think Montoya is consistent starter material just because his other option is Douglas?

You seriously just answered your own question. Besides, nowhere at all did I say Lucho WILL make Montoya the consistent starter, and since you seem so excited to quote things I'd like for you to go back and quote where I said that.

When the transfer window opens after those 6 months Barça will be looking for a new right back.

We're very unlikely to sign a RB on the level of Alves who is both physically capable and talented enough to start every single game. If Montoya has an entire half season of consistent playing time under his belt he's also unlikely to be still be so poor that said new RB will be our only viable option. Not only that, but any RB worthy of being considered Barca quality will almost certainly be cup tied for the CL, and Montoya would remain our only choice RB in that competition, unless Bartra or Mascherano play there or some other crazy stunt gets pulled by Lucho.

Jombi

But Adriano is probably just as likely to be our starting RB as Montoya next fall. I actually think Lucho prefers Adriano although I rate Montoya higher. Montoya is a very good player IMO, he just sadly isnt given a good run of games to get into game rhythm and form. Playing once ever 3-4 weeks is tough for anyone.

Chainsaw

Killahead
According to GdS Inter wants Montoya. This is nothing new as Inter wanted him for more than a year, but now with Vidal's arrival and Dani Alves' renewal the chance of this happening is very likely.

Jombi

Great deal for Inter if true. Loan him for one year and if he turns good, they can get him for a rock bottom 8m euros price. If he flops, he will return to us, and we are stuck with him for another year. Another charity deal IMO, if the rumors are right.

Home of Barca Fans