Martin Montoya

Egert

Estonian Culé
Inter Milan will soon announce the signing of Martin Montoya (24), who will join on a 2-year loan worth 1M, with an 8M buy option [gazzetta]

barcanuck

what's with the two year loan bull shit anyway?

Just insurance in case he breaks out to be one of the best RB's in the world. I think this maybe something like a Cesc or Pique clause where we let them go then had to buy them back for way more dollars.

Jombi

Just insurance in case he breaks out to be one of the best RB's in the world. I think this maybe something like a Cesc or Pique clause where we let them go then had to buy them back for way more dollars.

There is zero insurance. If he breaks out to be one of the best RBs in the world, Inter can simply decide to buy him for a rock bottom price of 8m euros. If he doesnt turn out too good, and they dont want to sign him, they can just give him back to us, having lost nothing.

barcanuck

There is zero insurance. If he breaks out to be one of the best RBs in the world, Inter can simply decide to buy him for a rock bottom price of 8m euros. If he doesnt turn out too good, and they dont want to sign him, they can just give him back to us, having lost nothing.

I know sometimes it feels like our loan deals are rip offs. But I have no idea we'd have to see the actual contract.

khaled_a_d

Right back Martin Montoya (24) will have medical tests at Inter tomorrow. One-year loan worth 1M, plus 8M buy obligation. [rai via fcin]
That won't be bad deal

Chainsaw

Killahead
Looks good on him.

2iuc9zo.png

Co0ter

Is buy obligation sounds like they have to buy him at the end of the two years. That wouldn't make sense. That deal is total shit no matter how you look at it.

anguy

Maybe it's for FFP purposes.... PSG did similar thing with Aurier, although the loan was just for 1 year. Or Negredo to Valencia...

khaled_a_d

Is buy obligation sounds like they have to buy him at the end of the two years. That wouldn't make sense. That deal is total shit no matter how you look at it.

Many teams does this kind of deal due to FFP ,they are basically buying him but the deal isn't counted on their books until next year

Egert

Estonian Culé
Montoya joins Inter on two-year loan (second depends on games played) worth 1+1M. 6M buy option (obligation if number of games played) [dm]

Only paperwork left to complete move of Martin Montoya (24) to Inter Milan. The player will undergo medical tests on Thursday. [dimarzio]

raki

After officially announcing the signing of Miranda, Inter is ready to make another acquisition on defense with Montoya. The wingback is joining the Italian club on a two year loan for a fee of of €2 million, half of which is payable as a bonus. The new development is that Inter will be forced to redeem Montoya at €6 million after a certain amount of games played, which is the same criteria to automatically extend the loan to the second season. Inter and Barcelona are exchanging the documents for the transfer, the player is expected to take his medical on Friday.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/inter-reaches-agreement-with-barcelona-for-montoya-the-details/

Jombi

Damn, I thought we actually managed to sell a player for once, but this "obligation for Inter to buy" seems more like a buy if he plays a lot of games and is successful. If he doesnt get to play then we get him back again and Inter risks nothing.

Home of Barca Fans