Martin Montoya

XaviMessiGirl

Obviously for a Catalan La Masia product like him, it shouldn't be a surprise that he wants to return and play for Barca, and as a fan of both clubs I don't really see anything wrong with thinking that way. I think it would have been more offensive if he was actually sold to Inter and he was already dreaming of going back to Barca, but technically it's just a loan, and at the end of the day the purpose of a loan is to get game time and improve in hopes that the loaning club will be impressed. The only potential issue is if Inter use the option to buy, which I guess is mandatory if he plays a certain number of games.

But perhaps he shouldn't have said that for PR reasons. Starting off having the fans upset because they think his heart's not in it or he's not that excited to be playing for Inter isn't the best move. Although, no way he'd return to Barca and expect to be a starter if he doesn't give his all and shine at Inter, and who knows he might change his mind anyway. I think Morata said something similar regarding Madrid before moving to Juve and now he has no regrets.

Chainsaw

Killahead
225678-500.jpg

Erick Thohir greets Martin Montoya this morning at Milan Malpensa airport.

F

Flavia

[tw]616554036943323136[/tw]

Doing his medical. Should be official today. Best of luck to him.

Atleti and Inter have owned this transfer window so far.

The loan deal is a win-win scenario for Inter as well. Maybe Thohir really is the real deal.

EdmondDantes

Always liked him, shame Lucho didn't give a look in (can't exactly blame him since Alves was one of our best performers all season) . All the best.

xXKonan

Official: Barcelona announce that right back Martin Montoya (24) joins Inter Milan on a one-year loan, with option for second year

11698548_974555049261301_3658526248309804789_n.jpg

Hope it works out and can prove that he deserves to be a starter for Barca.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I dunno why he should ever comeback. After Dani Alves is gone in a year or two Barca will still have Vidal as the first RB option. No point for Montoya to comeback and warm the bench once again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Montoya, Deulofeu and soon Song. All gone for nothing and to clubs that aren't exactly broke.
I'd even understand if they were in 30s or close.

Catalan Fan

Montoya, Deulofeu and soon Song. All gone for nothing and to clubs that aren't exactly broke.
I'd even understand if they were in 30s or close.

Yeah anno, but from the players perspectives, they looking for first team football.I can't argue with their decisions, but see you point.

EDIT; Song is no spring chicken ?

Home of Barca Fans