Martin Montoya

F

Flavia

I wouldn't be surprised if the staff pulled out a 3-4-3 for this, just to not play Montoya. :lol:
They'd have to play Bartra for that... I think it's easier to play Montoya. A back 3 of song-pique-masch would be a bad idea.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
They'd have to play Bartra for that... I think it's easier to play Montoya. A back 3 of song-pique-masch would be a bad idea.

Yea I agree with Flavia here, they are never gonna play Bartra. This is roughly the CB pecking order we have:

Pique>Puyol>Masch>Adriano>Song>Busquets>Abidal>Injured Puyol>Injured Adriano>Messi>Iniesta>>>>>>>>>>>>Bartra

Garrus

Tito proved to us near the start of the season that he's excellent in injury crisis management, I'm confident he'll make the best decisions possible.

Indignado

Yea I agree with Flavia here, they are never gonna play Bartra. This is roughly the CB pecking order we have:

Pique>Puyol>Masch>Adriano>Song>Busquets>Abidal>Injured Puyol>Injured Adriano>Messi>Iniesta>>>>>>>>>>>>Bartra

:lol: Messi in defense, now that would be something.

I can see a back 4 of Alves-Pique-Masch-Montoya working. It could even be more secure defensively than Alves-Pique-Masch-Alba, since Montoya's a lot more defensive than Alba.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Him against Moura and Lavezzi doesn't look pretty but hopefully he's gonna be up for it like he did in the 2 clasicos he played.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well he did a pretty good job against Cristiano so Moura and Lavezzi are nothing out of his comfort zone.

Cule4life

The Culest
Well he did a pretty good job against Cristiano so Moura and Lavezzi are nothing out of his comfort zone.

But hes playing out of position his positional awareness may not be the same. Plus he's out of match practice so he could be a bit rusty not to mention the uncertainty surrounding his future with the club. All in all we must not bash him and write him off if he has an off day

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Martin is more defensive fullback than attacking. He can do brilliant job wherever he plays if he will be told to play only in defense.

From what I've seen, he's pretty good offensively as well. He got himself in a great position to score an equalizer in the second leg of the super cup, and he almost scored the winner in the league clasico (from a long way out too), but it hit the bar.

Y

Youngie

If Montoya doesn't get his chance now (and start vs. Celta & PSG) then there's some serious problems :lol:

starman

If Montoya doesn't get his chance now (and start vs. Celta & PSG) then there's some serious problems :lol:

I'd give him a run against Celta but it would be suicide if they put him against PSG. They will slaughter him, he's not that great at defending, you know.

Arachnid

I'd give him a run against Celta but it would be suicide if they put him against PSG. They will slaughter him, he's not that great at defending, you know.

Neither is Alba. Alba tends to move forward quite a lot more, actually.

I believe in Montoya. Sure, he's never going to be at his 100% when playing in the left, but he can still do the job.

Home of Barca Fans