Martin Montoya

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Made some mistakes that perhaps you could attribute to his age or lack of experience but this is 1st team football with Barcelona - he has to play better and not gamble in possession

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Ventured far too much into the pitch, losing the ball several times in dangerous positions, which is due to him not trusting his left foot. To be expected considering that he's a right back.

Cule4life

The Culest
His crossing with his left foot is not as good as his right which is expected as he's a RB. Was dispossessed many times but mostly recovered quickly. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes. Will be a key player next season.

Richard.H

Slightly worse than Celta agreed. Gave away some balls very cheaply. Other than that, he's a very solid and stable player. He is very composed and could be a very good RB in 2 years time.

Trickykid

His crossing with his left foot is not as good as his right which is expected as he's a RB. Was dispossessed many times but mostly recovered quickly. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes. Will be a key player next season.

About him being a key player next season, how do you figure that? There seems to be no slowing down Dani on the right, and Alba will dominate the left. This season is the one where people said that Montoya would start rotating regularly with Dani, but that has obviously not happened yet, and I honestly don't see it happening next season either, with Dani clearly still being so enormously important to us.

About him being a key player next season, how do you figure that? There seems to be no slowing down Dani on the right, and Alba will dominate the left. This season is the one where people said that Montoya would start rotating regularly with Dani, but that has obviously not happened yet, and I honestly don't see it happening next season either, with Dani clearly still being so enormously important to us.

I think Montoya will at least rotate regularly with Alves next season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The management is training Montoya to be the utility man. While it's not his natural position, it's great to see that they are playing him on the left as well to give him that experience. He'd be even more useful in defense if he could play across the entire back line. He may not be that happy about it yet, but it's a smart decision on the coaches part.

As for next season, he'll overtake Adriano and rotate with Alves/Alba in the smaller games and in case of injury. That should give him a decent amount of minutes and I expect him (by the end of the season) to have a lot more trust from the management and end up starting to overtake Alves.

oz187

Did anybody really believe that he was going to rotate regularly with Dani? The amount of minutes he's getting seems about right to me. Next season he'll play more and then probably in 2 or 3 seasons time he will be a full first choice.

Barca8

What I would like to see is Del Bosque call Montoya up to the senior squad because he is 1000x better than Arbeloa.
Azpilicueta is pretty good too but I'd like to see Montoya & Alba as the R/L backs.

Home of Barca Fans