Martin Montoya

Barca's defence for the next 5 years:
Montoya-Pique-Bartra-Alba
:wub::wub:

I don't really see Bartra starting any time soon tbh. I can see him becoming a reliable backup though.

As for Montoya, I can definitely see him starting soon.

Then again, like Youngie said, Alves has crazy stamina, so I can see him staying for a while. I do expect Montoya to at least seriously challenge Alves for the starting spot fairly soon though.

Y

Youngie

Yeah it'd be nice to see Bartra (and/or Muniesa) starting for Barça. But it won't be soon (as DV said)....

Mr Hulot

22 years old already...If he works hard he can become a starter in one or two years time..Alves is still the better player in my opinion...

Stric

British commentators heaping praise on Montoya, and especially his performances early in the season. :) Nice to see he gets recognition elsewhere, too. I can't tell which channel it is (+2 something).

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He had a good game and cleared the ball to avoid getting in trouble, which I can indulge even if it's not "the Barca way"... He had a horrible tackle on Rochina, though, could have been booked or sent off...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
good game again,should be getting a lot more minutes next season

His way of playing looks mature as if he's playing for years for the first team.
If he played in his natural position he'd look even better but I am glad we can rely on him as a solid backup for the left side as well.

Stric

Well said, Bojan. That's a good description. For some reason, I just trust Montoya whenever I see him with the ball or trying to recover one. It's incredible that Alves has been playing the last billion games while Montoya was sitting on the stands up until recently. He really deserves more minutes, in his main position, even if it's just to rest Alves.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His way of playing looks mature as if he's playing for years for the first team.
If he played in his natural position he'd look even better but I am glad we can rely on him as a solid backup for the left side as well.

Very true...It surprised me when he came out earlier in the season to play on the left, no idea he could platoon there if needed - good to know when times are tough...But I do miss seeing him on the right in bigger matches...If Dani stays, would like to see him move up the pitch as a right winger and let Montoya own that spot

Home of Barca Fans