Martin Montoya

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
far too good for the b-team and far too good to be a backup, but sadly not as good as Dani.

he may have to leave to fulfill his potential.

:(

jamrock

So true, a pity for him alves is still young, because he is good enough for us, we would just have to change the flank that the attacking impetus comes from.

Would have been better for him if he were a LB, the boy will be able to play at the very very top level in a few years, can do a job for a mid table team now.

He,bartra and roberto, if we are looking at it just for the players themselves, would probably be better off to find another club.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I think Bartra could stand to be a backup for a year or so, because once you take Puyol out of the equation, he could be our third choice CB and get plenty of games.

Roberto and Montoya, though, yeah. they should probably leave if they want to make the most of their abilities. Pep loves Roberto, so he may see some games if Keita ever leaves, but we've got so much talent in midfield that you wonder just how much he could get. and, really, Rafinha is younger and better than him.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Last nigh stats:
acurate/total passes : 103/104 :w000t:

w000t.gif

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Atta boy.

Wouldn't mind seeing him taking the leap to our first team come next August.

The kid's too good for la segunda.

but equally, he's not as good as Dani Alves.

he's willing to be a backup when he could start for any other team in La Liga. now THAT is loyalty!

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
but equally, he's not as good as Dani Alves.

he's willing to be a backup when he could start for any other team in La Liga. now THAT is loyalty!

Dani's magnificent, so naturally it'll take a while for him to reach his level (if that'll ever even happen - not saying it necessarily won't, but just being cautious with overhyping).

I really think that both him and Bartrá would do well.

Loyalty doesn't come around often in modern day football.

Last edited:

Onuphrius

Wouldnt be surprised if he gets loaned to Gijon or something. However it depends entirely on Maxwell's situation. If he leaves, there might be a real spot for Montoya. I know they play on different wings but Maxwell's presence affects Adriano's role. It's pretty much the same thing as with Fontas/Bartra. One has to go. There simply isnt a place for both of them. So loan one of them. Or permanent deal with buyback option. Maybe something like Bojan deal.

Maria

I don't think that Maxwell will remain at Barca next year, nor do I want him to. He is the worst player from the first team and the minutes he's getting should be used by our youth players.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I don't think that Maxwell will remain at Barca next year, nor do I want him to. He is the worst player from the first team and the minutes he's getting should be used by our youth players.

This.

On top of things, I really don't think Fontás has what it takes to hack it at the top level. I'd rather have Bartrá using those minutes to his advantage.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Best idea would be to promote Montoya and play Adriano in a more advanced role now that Villa is away.

M

mitkoa7x

Adriano isnt that good far up the pitch, I think he is better in the back although he is prone to mistakes even more than Geri
Imo his strength is when breaking forward from the back, he is quick, strong and has technique.

Home of Barca Fans