Matthijs de Ligt

Arizona Scott

It is quite clear VVD is the better player. Faster and quicker, and more composed and reading of danger.

I don't think De Ligt would revolutionize Barca, for sure not short-medium term. Does not mean he wouldn't be a good buy at his age but he would not walk in and all of a sudden he is our best CB by a country mile. Don't get me wrong, happy for him to join Barca, but FDJ was far more important to pick from Ajax/Dutch.

Raki13

Amazing the amount of experts on here throwing about numbers. Nobody knows any of these figures , not even the idiots in the media.

BBZ8800

Does anyone know where can I find Barca's salaries ?

Or does anyone know how much do Suarez , Rakitic , Alba , Busi , Coutinho earn ?

https://www.capology.com/club/barcelona/salaries

Yearly:
Messi 34
Suarez 11,2
Cou 11,2
Busi 7,2
Raki 6,4
Pique 6,1
Dembele 5,7

Frenkie's supposed salary is 10M fixed and 6m in bonuses, so if those numbers are gross, he will still earn 8M net. He will be the 4th best paid player.
De Ligt will also earn more than Pique, it seems.

Raki13

https://www.capology.com/club/barcelona/salaries

Yearly:
Messi 34
Suarez 11,2
Cou 11,2
Busi 7,2
Raki 6,4
Pique 6,1
Dembele 5,7

Frenkie's supposed salary is 10M fixed and 6m in bonuses, so if those numbers are gross, he will still earn 8M net. He will be the 4th best paid player.
De Ligt will also earn more than Pique, it seems.

And that post is exactly what I mean , complete fabrication by clueless journalists and believed by fools.

snowy

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am seeing some PSG fans getting very exuberant, they know something we don't?

Raiola is in Paris right now or something? Finalizing the deal?

Andrew M

Alright, this summer PL is best, then. Let's see if they are the best league in the world next winter after CL-groups. That is not how I usually talks about "best league in the world" - it takes more than 1 summer, imo. Spain has dominated for years, and still have the best players in the world. Griezmann is better than most top-PL-players, but is less hyped because La Liga has shit marketing and PL in that department is the best in the world.

It's even proven by England in Euro/World Cups recent years, where the hype is insane because they think playing in PL makes them gods, but in the end it turns out that they are not outstanding compared to other nations.

The argument you're making is more in line with there being no best league in the world. Which i'm fine with. It seems clear to me, however, that if there is indeed a best league it is not La Liga at this moment.

serghei

Lol, PSG has to be bullshit. It's almost a step back going from Eredivisie to Ligue 1 If we look at this last season.

ebc_99

La Liga is still the best League imo, you have got to judge it by the 20 teams competing not just the top few. I think La Liga has greater strength in depth and the top sides just had a bad year at the same time, but I expect that not to be the case in 19/20. Outside of City and Liverpool I don't think the quality is very good in England, even though Spurs got to the final, and the bottom half of the table is really poor. So La Liga still top for me, but it is silly to judge it on one season anyway.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lol, PSG has to be bullshit. It's almost a step back going from Eredivisie to Ligue 1 If we look at this last season.

Still a step up from Eredivisie no doubt, at least it is one of the big 5 leagues in Europe.

From what both Koeman and De Ligt said during the latest interview it looks like the justification that will be used for the move to PSG will be: "They are the place where I will be having a lot of minutes", of course they won't mention the fact that PSG doubled our offer.

Newcomer

I am seeing some PSG fans getting very exuberant, they know something we don't?

Raiola is in Paris right now or something? Finalizing the deal?

No.
De Ligt is going to Barcelona since the beginning.

Those are just victims of the fake hope the media spread.

When they read Leonardo will work to make him come, they think Leonardo is finalizing a deal.
Of course, Leonardo works for it, but everyone else does. It is hardly news of a positive outcome.

De Jong is at Barcelona and that alone is enough to know how it will end.

Tackle

^
Hazard net while MDL most likely will be before tax.

Exactly right. We also don't know how much is going to be paid out in the form of bonuses. If we assume De Jong reaches all his bonuses his contract could be 16m (10m + 6m) as well. At first some outlets were reporting he was going to earn 16m as his fixed salary which obviously turned out to be false. The situation will be clearer soon.

Home of Barca Fans