Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Newcomer

The moment Ajax embarrassed two European giants and were 10 sec away from a CL final.

I'm still waiting for you to prove your point about Dutch League being the 6th league.

Give me something, anything. I'll accept even a dubious article from Turkmenistan.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu went to Amsterdam to do a last second gazump.
Even the transfer fee quoted is bigger than the figures quoted for PSG before..
But it doesn't matter because the player likes Barcelona more.
It seems so obvious to me that with de Jong there, Barca will get de Ligt too.

You should be relaxed, it was a non story from the start.

Are you trying to jinx us? ;)

There is not a bit of similarity between De Jong's and De Ligt's transfer. Bartomeu going to Amsterdam persuaded De Jong and the same stunt failed to persuade De Ligt and further pushed him away if we believe what MD and Sport both said.

Givenchy

Bartomeu went to Amsterdam to do a last second gazump.
Even the transfer fee quoted is bigger than the figures quoted for PSG before..
But it doesn't matter because the player likes Barcelona more.
It seems so obvious to me that with de Jong there, Barca will get de Ligt too.

You should be relaxed, it was a non story from the start.

De Ligt doesn't have Barca as a preference so its not the same as Frenkie. if 2 clubs offered the same amount in wages to Frenkie and 1 of those teams is Barca i think he'd favour them. even if Barca offered the same wages to De Ligt as PSG are its 50/50 who he joins

Newcomer

There is no a bit of similarity between De Jong's and De Ligt's transfer. Bartomeu going to Amsterdam persuaded De Jong and the same stunt failed to persuade De Ligt and further pushed him away if we believe what MD and Sport both said.
Not trying to jinx at all.
I don't believe in those.

Even the reports are kinda a confirmation for me.
Before, it was Barca or Juve. Then Barca or Bayern. Then Barca or MU. Then Barca or PSG.
Always another big team quoted with Barcelona, while the latter is seemingly the one the most unwilling to cough the money for Raiola.
End game is Raiola flirting with all of those to try to strike the best deal possible with the favourite destination of his client from the start : Barcelona.
On top of that, he is glued H24 with de Jong who wants him to join.

Newcomer

De Ligt doesn't have Barca as a preference so its not the same as Frenkie. if 2 clubs offered the same amount in wages to Frenkie and 1 of those teams is Barca i think he'd favour them. even if Barca offered the same wages to De Ligt as PSG are its 50/50 who he joins

I don't think he likes Barcelona like Frenkie. Just that the conditions are there for him to go. His pal is already there. The sporting project is good. Etc.

Well, at least, i'm relaxed about the fact he was never going to come to PSG.

BarçaBarça

There is not a bit of similarity between De Jong's and De Ligt's transfer. Bartomeu going to Amsterdam persuaded De Jong and the same stunt failed to persuade De Ligt and further pushed him away if we believe what MD and Sport both said.

Calm down, he is just playing the media. I'm quite certain he will come here, because everything points to it. If he goes to PSG he wants money + playingtime from day 1, and we simply can't gurantee playing time as a starter. This signing is very important for Barto, so he will give it a lot of work, but not all the money in the world..

Tackle

I'm still waiting for you to prove your point about Dutch League being the 6th league.

Give me something, anything. I'll accept even a dubious article from Turkmenistan.

To be fair if we look at the coefficient points awarded by UEFA for the 18/19 season alone the Netherlands comes in at 7th place behind Portugal and France, though I do agree this is not indicative of strength of the league as a whole. This year's miracle run by Ajax vastly inflates their numbers for this season and using the 5 year total that has them placed a 11th is much more accurate.

Givenchy

I don't think he likes Barcelona like Frenkie. Just that the conditions are there for him to go. His pal is already there. The sporting project is good. Etc.

Well, at least, i'm relaxed about the fact he was never going to come to PSG.

dude you are sounding more and more like Morten with his anti-jinxing :lol:

PSG have a great chance at signing him. De Ligt SHOULD be a starter at Barca but we know with Valve's logic he may not be guaranteed anything. at PSG he'd play next to T. Silva and probably take the captaincy once the Brazilian retires

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Calm down, he is just playing the media. I'm quite certain he will come here, because everything points to it. If he goes to PSG he wants money + playingtime from day 1, and we simply can't gurantee playing time as a starter. This signing is very important for Barto, so he will give it a lot of work, but not all the money in the world..

Exactly, PSG is the place that offers the most money PLUS the most feasible playing time and he is not a Barca fan... so going to PSG makes a LOT OF sense. Why didn't he choose PSG earlier? He was probably waiting for more offers from other clubs to come in. He wanted maximum benefit otherwise he wouldn't have hired Raiola.

I don't think this one is that important to Bartomeu as it has been reported multiple times that we will NOT up our offer (which I agree).

Like I said yesterday, the only way he will come here is to take the lower monetary offer and the more rewarding sporting offer (in the long run, in the short run Vaverde is worse than Tuchel). If he doesn't see that he will go to PSG.

Anyways I understand we are probably just hearing rumors at this point but I was wondering what was going on as I saw some PSG fans getting very happy and in celebratory mood so I asked.

Last edited:

Newcomer

To be fair if we look at the coefficient points awarded by UEFA for the 18/19 season alone the Netherlands comes in at 7th place behind Portugal and France, though I do agree this is not indicative of strength of the league as a whole. This year's miracle run by Ajax vastly inflates their numbers for this season and using the 5 year total that has them placed a 11th is much more accurate.

Yup. But as you say, only when taking 1 season and they are still behind.
The coefficient is calculated over several years.

I have nothing against the dutch league as i think they should all be respected.
I'm just calling serghei bullshit up. He tried to weasel his way out by trying to shame me for being a PSG fan. As if it is shameful. I have been a PSG fan through high and down long before and i'll be long after.

Newcomer

dude you are sounding more and more like Morten with his anti-jinxing :lol:

PSG have a great chance at signing him. De Ligt SHOULD be a starter at Barca but we know with Valve's logic he may not be guaranteed anything. at PSG he'd play next to T. Silva and probably take the captaincy once the Brazilian retires
Not doing a Morten.

I believed de Jong could sign at PSG and it was very close.
But this one transfer was a non starter for me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not doing a Morten.

I believed de Jong could sign at PSG and it was very close.
But this one transfer was a non starter for me.

Why?

De Jong the Barca fan was close to PSG (not that money is not important to him) while De Ligt the non-Barca fan who seems to a care a lot about money and playing time (both of which PSG has plenty of) was a non-starter?

I think you got them completely reversed.

Zidane82

Exactly, PSG is the place that offers the most money PLUS the most feasible playing time and he is not a Barca fan... so going to PSG makes a LOT OF sense. Why didn't he choose PSG earlier? He was probably waiting for more offers from other clubs to come in. He wanted maximum benefit otherwise he wouldn't have hired Raiola.

I don't think this one is that important to Bartomeu as it has been reported multiple times that we will NOT up our offer (which I agree).

Like I said yesterday, the only way he will come here is to take the lower monetary offer and the more rewarding sporting offer (in the long run, in the short run Vaverde is worse than Tuchel). If he doesn't see that he will go to PSG.

Anyways I understand we are probably just hearing rumors at this point but I was wondering what was going on as I saw some PSG fans getting very happy and in celebratory mood so I asked.

I saw a report last week showing we paid the highest wages and by some way .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I saw a report last week showing we paid the highest wages and by some way .

We ARE paying the highest average wages in football, more than any other football team in the world. Partly it is because of Messi, partly it is because we were not prudent enough with offering and managing our wages, which we started recently, I guess. That is why we are firm on what we offer to De Ligt. Leave or it take it.

Home of Barca Fans