Mavericky Puig

fergus90

You'd respect the coaches decision if

a) he was underperforming if brought on.

b) he was given the fair chance he deserves

c) If the team was thriving and he had no chance of replacing the current crop

Currently all of the above are false.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly, if we were playing awesome football and winning game after game, I'd understand, but now? We suck. Our collective game is a mess, yet whenever Puig has stepped in he has been good. Why not give him a chance? We got NOTHING to lose. Playing Coutinho, Messi and Griezmann is Koemans answer? GL.. That will be his death sentence as a Barca manager too. When he finally realizes they can't all play at the same time, it will be too late.

Give Puig couple games and let's see. If he sucks,send him to Leeds.

Last edited:

serghei

You still have to respect the coach's decision and behave in a professional manner, even if you don't agree with it. But so far, I don't see exactly what Puig did that was so wrong.

Maybe if more details appear in these stories we could have a clearer picture. So far it's pretty vague.

Koeman is probably unfair to him, but no other choice than to tough it up, work hard, and be professional.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

You still have to respect the coach's decision and behave in a professional manner, even if you don't agree with it. But so far, I don't see exactly what Puig did that was so wrong.

Maybe if more details appear in these stories we could have a clearer picture. So far it's pretty vague.

Usually the stories has turned out to be true. (Dembele and Arthur). So there must be something.

But I can understand his frustration. Puig sees Busi/Pjanic playing over him. LOL. Those two dinosaurs who can hardly move on the pitch. I'd be annoyed too. Who wouldn't?

serghei

Usually the stories has turned out to be true. (Dembele and Arthur). So there must be something.

Sure, something it is. I want to know what, before I blame Puig. What I've read is like a storm in a teacup. And when he came on the field, vs Juve not some relegation fodder, he looked full of dedication, ambition, and energy.

So... something doesn't add up.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Koeman is probably unfair to him, but no other choice than to tough it up and be professional.

His attitude was praised by Barca B coach Pimienta, and later by Setien and his assistant. Cowman is being Cowman.

Rory

Mad how 'We need more details' for Puig but other players who have done 100000x more for the club don't get the same treatment.

serghei

Mad how 'We need more details' for Puig but other players who have done 100000x more for the club don't get the same treatment.

It's how you behave that makes you trust-worthy, not how many trophies you won on the football pitch. Manipulative, dictatorial, greedy, tax cheating people are usually not very trust-worthy. Regardless of how talented they might be at playing football.

Rory

It's how you behave that makes you trust-worthy, not how many trophies you won on the football pitch. Manipulative, dictatorial, greedy, tax cheating people are usually not very trust-worthy. Regardless of how talented they might be at playing football.

Not serghei misunderstanding what the point is and attacking his own version of it again! I for one am shocked.

Richard.H

Ronald Koeman, on Riqui Puig: "There is always some interest from the press because he is a home-grown player and he is not playing much. There are many more players in his situation. The coach decides through training and the player's attitude"

what is going on? I don't believe he has attitude problems at all. I'm assuming he got riled up at the team for playing like bitches vs Juventus and Cadiz so he got vocal. Then Koeman realized he is not a whimp like the others and decided to bench him.

serghei

what is going on? I don't believe he has attitude problems at all. I'm assuming he got riled up at the team for playing like bitches vs Juventus and Cadiz so he got vocal. Then Koeman realized he is not a whimp like the others and decided to bench him.

Who knows, the possibilities are numerous. Imagine if he said something that got the veterans upset. Like I train much harder than these old guys and they start every game and I'm rubbing the bench. :lol:

I would be hesitant to believe even the Pjanic rumors that he's crap physically that's why he doesn't start. These things aren't believable when you see guys like Busi and Lenglet playing every game almost.

From Koeman's feud with Joaquin:

The first big incident between Koeman and Joaquin had a special guest: Ever Banega. The Argentine midfielder, who had joined in January, turned up to training late and wasn't in the best condition. Even so, Koeman named him as a starter at the weekend.Days later, Joaquin arrived late to training by 15 minutes. The Andalusian said that it was because of a problem with his car when leaving his children at school, but Koeman opted to make him watch the next game from the stands. From there, things only got worse.Joaquin treated David Albelda, Miguel Angel Angulo and Santiago Canizares as more than teammates. They were among his closest friends. This made Koeman's blood boil, and on more than one occasion the relationship between the two became tense, with Vicente Rodriguez also involved. But, of course, Vicente's character was not that of the more jovial Joaquin, although things were not going well and Koeman wrote that down in his notebook.

In spite of the absence of Angulo, who was away from the team and was competing with Joaquin for a spot in the line-up, Koeman decided to play Javier Arizmendi, who had rarely played as a winger, in order to leave Joaquin on the bench.The problem was that Valencia were struggling and did not win a single game, but even then Koeman didn't want to give minutes to the now-Real Betis captain. The climax of the conflict came in the Copa del Rey final against Getafe at the Estadio Vicente Calderon. Joaquin did not start, something he expected, but the Dutchman went so far as to get the midfielder to warm up in the first half and the entire second half, yet he never brought him on.

Seems like Koeman needs to find victims in the team to blow off steam. I hate managers who are super strict with some players, while other can do what they want that the start all the time. Double standards are a good way to fuck up a locker-room.

Same thing is shaping up at Barca. He strict with some players, and with others they can do what they want.

Last edited:

Richard.H

^^ Crazy story. It just seems to me like Koeman has a massive ego and pride. If something pisses him off he will pick on a player for it. I feel like this season it will be Puig that victim.

Home of Barca Fans