Mavericky Puig

Laplacian

The 'Koeman's camp'?
You seriously believe Koeman has that much power in media that you can even talk about a 'camp'?
And that camp will also include Guillem Ballague and Side Rodriquez?

And all that would start from some petty reason Koeman would have not to play him?

C'mon!

Koeman's camp = Koeman and his workers/staff/assistants. I'm not saying he has any sort of power, I'm just saying all it takes is one or two people from his staff to leak info to the media and you have a story. No sort power needed, just poor character. It's not just this forum, quite literally pundits are keep asking why he isn't playing specifically because his cameos were impressive. It's obvious that after these performances people would start pressuring him even more about Puig not playing. The fact that these rumors are surfacing immediately after these performances is suspicious, because it specifically justifies his squad role as the question is no longer about his performances.

Also remember, Koeman and a member of his staff have a history of doing this in their previous clubs.

JamDav1982

I wasn't talking about it specific to Koeman and Puig, I don't think there is an agenda, I think he doesn't rate him.

It is clear he doesnt rate him all that highly or like what seeing in training.

Some have built Puig to such a false height that they think this cannot possibly be true and he is some kind of star at Barca being held back.

Laplacian

I don't even care about Puig lol, I just can't stand poorly performing players constantly playing over others for no good reason other than they're bigger names.

JamDav1982

Koeman's camp = Koeman and his workers/staff/assistants. I'm not saying he has any sort of power, I'm just saying all it takes is one or two people from his staff to leak info to the media and you have a story. No sort power needed, just poor character. It's not just this forum, quite literally pundits are keep asking why he isn't playing specifically because his cameos were impressive. It's obvious that after these performances people would start pressuring him even more about Puig not playing. The fact that these rumors are surfacing immediately after these performances is suspicious, because it specifically justifies his squad role as the question is no longer about his performances.

Also remember, Koeman and a member of his staff have a history of doing this in their previous clubs.

Again... he clearly doesnt like Puig issue being big news and to leak rumours just increases it.

Puig being cocky or not training well could come from anywhere.

It is not suspicious really that the rumours start after he plays and does quite well. It would just fit with their being more interest for folk to dig deeper and find headlines.

Stories from Barca dressing room have been headlines for years, week in week out.

Laplacian

Again... he clearly doesnt like Puig issue being big news and to leak rumours just increases it.

Puig being cocky or not training well could come from anywhere.

It is not suspicious really that the rumours start after he plays and does quite welll. It would just fit with their being more interest for folk to dig deeper and find headlines.

If that was the case, why didn't these rumors surface last season when he was the best performing midfielder near the end of the season?

"Puig the next big star? Learn about his cocky attitude and nonchalant life style here!"

Nope, nothing.

JamDav1982

If that was the case, why didn't these rumors surface last season when he was the best performing midfielder near the end of the season?

"Puig the next big star? Learn about his cocky attitude and nonchalant life style here!"

Nope, nothing.

Why did Setien drop him towards end of season?

He had two good games really v Ateltico and away to Alaves I think then out team. Lets not make out he was better than he was in that time either.

Maybe he wasnt as cocky last season? Maybe he bought into the hype as much as some Barca fans have for what has been shown. Who knows but it is a leap to start making out being leaked by Koeman or staff when they clearly dont like the attention it has.

Horatio

You're welcome
Barcaforum tends to be too sure about what happens within locker rooms and fancy blaming coach more often than not. Reminds me of Valverde with Arthur when nobody understood why he didnt play except that Valverde must carry all blame.

Laplacian

"Riqui Puig is one of the youngsters who has to work hard to have minutes. These last few days he's been really trying to convince me, I think he deserves to play," Ronald Koeman said at the press conference, quoted by Mundo Deportivo.

https://tribuna.com/amp/fcbarcelona...lay-ronald-koeman-gives-riqui-puig-some-home/

And now he doesn't work hard enough after having impressive performances. I think it's even funnier that some people are willing to take a manager who constantly contradicts himself and has a history of being severely unfair to players over the course of 10 years at face value.

Lmfao

Horatio

You're welcome
https://tribuna.com/amp/fcbarcelona...lay-ronald-koeman-gives-riqui-puig-some-home/

And now he doesn't work hard enough after having impressive performances. I think it's even funnier that some people are willing to take a manager who constantly contradicts himself and has a history of being severely unfair to players over the course of 10 years at face value.

Lmfao

What history over the course of 10 years? Bulk of those stories are from his time at Valencia. He wanted to get rid of old veterans. It didnt go as planned so thats why you hear the worst of it. If he had successfully rejuvenated the team people wouldve laughed at these players complaining.

On flipside, you should hear what Dutch players have to say about him. Even when Strootman lost his starting position with the Dutch team under Koeman he still had high praise for him and paid tribute to him when he left for Barcelona. He is extremely liked under that group and are still in touch with him.

Not saying Koeman is a saint, but its too soon to draw these conclusions. Barcaforum tends to draw conclusions very quickly when it fits their agenda but become devils advocate when it doesnt.

JamDav1982

Lmfao

Unless he said at no time at all has Puig ever worked hard then no he is not contradicting himself there. Also played him not too long after that v Juve.

Perhaps he saw him working in a way that wants and praised him for it.

No quite sure what those comments are supposed to show really.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

So what's your priority? Team functioning better or a coach getting his way based on his emotional reasons?
Do you want team play better with Puig or play worse without him, because he supposedly wasn't liked by some dipshits?
Once again, which way, cule?

JamDav1982

So what's your priority? Team functioning better or a coach getting his way based on his emotional reasons?
Do you want team play better with Puig or play worse without him, because he supposedly wasn't liked by some dipshits?
Once again, which way, cule?

What do you mean on Koeman getting his way based on emotional reasons?

Home of Barca Fans